You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing big draws @ NL4

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Not really sure how I should play a draw at NL4, as usually I won't play this sort of hand at this level. Am I right to just stick the lot in (Effective stack was only 60p anyway) as I did here on the flop, if I get called then I'm probably favourite to win the hand? Didn't fancy betting out, not hitting on the turn and either have to give up or just stick the lot in, giving myself the wrong price to hit on the river as vs. the average NL4 opponent, I have little or no fold equity if I shove the turn.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mcbay Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.72
EvilPingu Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £5.08
  Your hole cards
  • J

Fridge1980 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £0.56
mcbay Fold        
EvilPingu Check        
Flop

• A

EvilPingu All-in   £5.08 £5.18 £0.00
Fridge1980 Fold        
EvilPingu Muck        
EvilPingu Win   £0.09   £0.09
EvilPingu Return   £5.08 £0.01 £5.17

Comments

• edited January 2012
    I would prefer to check to let him bluff then shove, by shoving he can only call when he has a hand.

Here you have a massive draw and are probz fave anyway but it's still better to let them bluff.
  • edited January 2012
    With his sized stack then yeah this was probably the best option.

Oh yeah sorry, thought you was in position.

I'd check here and hope to get a bit more out of the villain before shoving.

I'd shove if he bets the flop or shove the turn if he checked behind.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Playing big draws @ NL4:
    I would prefer to check to let him bluff then shove, by shoving he can only call when he has a hand. Here you have a massive draw and are probz fave anyway but it's still better to let them bluff.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    vs this size stack I'd be going in too but over two streets. Make it 20p on the flop and then shove the turn regardless. Vs a bigger stack then check with a mind to check-raising. If they check back then you get a free card. If you hit on the turn then you can overbet the turn knowing that you will probably still get called by draws and pairs
  • edited January 2012

i would just play it normally bet out 8p bet half pot on turn and then shove river if hit if not check and decide from there