You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL 8, AK, two oppos, very wet board

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Interested in any thoughts on this one please, as a lot of strange dynamics going on with the all in player.
Looking back, I probably should've reraised to isolate pre, but is there any merit in betting into a dry side on flop, particularly as I hate being reraised? My initial instinct was to check call down.
On turn, every chance my two pair is no good, given oppo has suddenly started betting. While the pot odds are huge, I'm surely going to be facing a big bet on the river.
gazza369 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £3.54
JackoG9 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £13.78
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

XXX Call  £0.08 £0.20 £0.56
walks2311 Call  £0.08 £0.28 £5.12
digi1 Fold     
YYYCall  £0.08 £0.36 £5.19
gazza369 Fold     
JackoG9 Raise  £0.48 £0.84 £13.30
XXX All-in  £0.56 £1.40 £0.00
walks2311 Fold     
YYY Call  £0.56 £1.96 £4.63
JackoG9 Call  £0.08 £2.04 £13.22
Flop

• K
  • Q
  • J

JackoG9 Check     
YYY Check     
Turn

• A

JackoG9 Check     
YYY Bet  £0.32 £2.36 £4.31
JackoG9 ???

Comments

• edited January 2012

I would of popped it up again pre flop. As played I like the check on the flop. The turn for me is all about reads, you have a 1/12 chance of hitting a FH, a smart player will not pay you off on the river if you hit and therefor its a fold as your never going to get the odds back. Now a poor player who falls in love with straights and flushes may pay you off and your getting better odds and a call is fine I believe.

• edited January 2012
    Not sure if you can raise again pre with shorty 3bet being an under-raise (I think), but if you can defo 4bet as YYY has show lots of weakness so you have to raise for value against him.

Flop you have TPTK but it's an ugly board, I stil cbet though about £1.20 and probz fold to shove ut not 100% on that.

Turn is really weird, bet is tiny but on that board with any 10 beating you so if you call you could be drawing to 4 outs so I'd probz fold and just let him have it as if he bets anywhere near half-pot on river you have to fold