You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lisa Marie Long

edited January 2012 in The Shed
I might be wrong because I only saw it at as a passing glance, but I'm 99% I just saw Lisa Marie on that PayDayUK advert on telly. I really don't mean to be nasty but ouch that's a stepdown and it is a really awful advert.

On a side note, I used to work for PayDayUK and it's a truly terrible to work for. Not a big fan of being encouraged to encourage needy people to get in mounds of debt they have no hope of repaying.

Can someone let me know if I'm right and not just going mad.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Yep your right
    just checked on YOUTUBE
  • edited January 2012
    ok thanks... it's pretty awful lol.
  • edited January 2012
    On another side note, I used to work with the guy in that advert too, he was my manager.
  • edited January 2012
    Proves then that LML will do anything for money then , correct ??
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Lisa Marie Long:
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Lol well I didn't wanna be nasty but the thought did cross my mind...
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Bit harsh, wouldn't you take work if it was offered and it meant you'd be financially secure for a few months ?

Nobody is forcing people to borrow from these companies.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Lisa Marie Long : Bit harsh, wouldn't you take work if it was offered and it meant you'd be financially secure for a few months ? Nobody is forcing people to borrow from these companies.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    In short , no i would not , but my remark was only 'tongue in cheek' tbh and i wouldnt knock anyone for doin a job as long as its legal to get by in life.

Just sayin i couldnt.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Lisa Marie Long : Bit harsh, wouldn't you take work if it was offered and it meant you'd be financially secure for a few months ? Nobody is forcing people to borrow from these companies.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    I'm not saying I hold it against her for doing work for a very scummy company, I wouldn't associate her with the company, but I just thought she had better things lined up than that. I mean I don't mean offence to anyone but we all know that Channel 865 is far from the heights of fame (don't mean that in a bad way, I'd love to work on 865 lol) but even bearing that in mind, that advert is a big step down.

And yeah I know they aint forcing people to lend money but I would say they don't exactly promote sensible lending. Ok so the representative APR when I worked for them about 2 years ago was about 3500% but that's misleading and not really relevant. In practice, all money was borrowed over the course of a month and you'd pay 25% on whatever you borrow. So people can't afford their bills (most common reason for people getting them) they borrow £100, suprisingly next month their salary is the same so they still can't afford the bills, only now they owe £125 aswell, so WE encourage them to borrow £200 to pay us back and have some left, then next month they still cant afford the bills but they owe us £250, so WE get them to borrow £300, they owe £375, they borrow £400 and owe £500, then when they get to £500 we refuse to lend them any more money and try and get our £500 back.

It was a truly abominable industry from what I saw.
  • edited January 2012
    Yet you worked for them the same as LML has.

I'm sure this was filmed long ago anyway before she moved onto the states.

Probably saw it as quick easy money that was going to be a help to finance her move abroad.

Lots of companies we work for do some not so nice things unfortunately.

• edited January 2012
    Do you remember the "Tango" adverts from years ago.....  "You know when you've been TANGO'D"

There was one where a guy was standing in a changing room, when a viking skipped in and slapped him in the face with a fish.  The guy who got slapped was paid £19,000 for that.

For that kind of money, don't matter what the company is or how bad the advert is,  I'll be there lol

• edited January 2012
    Do you remember the "Tango" adverts from years ago.....  "You know when you've been TANGO'D" There was one where a guy was standing in a changing room, when a viking skipped in and slapped him in the face with a fish.  The guy who got slapped was paid £19,000 for that. For that kind of money, don't matter what the company is or how bad the advert is,  I'll be there lol
    Posted by JockBMW
    Your the man for the job ............. a fish if ever I saw one.  Slap?
  • edited January 2012
    Yet you worked for them the same as LML has. I'm sure this was filmed long ago anyway before she moved onto the states. Probably saw it as quick easy money that was going to be a help to finance her move abroad. Lots of companies we work for do some not so nice things unfortunately.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Well I started working for them obviously before I knew what they were like and only stayed 6 months. I don't think it was the kind of environment where people with morals could last long. In the space of 6 months, I'd spoke to two people saying they were going to commit suicide because they couldn't afford to repay their debts... now yeah you can say it's their own fault they're in that situation and maybe they're just saying it in an attempt to get debts wiped off but I don't wanna work somewhere that contributes to people being in that situation... and certainly not for £16,000 a year!
  • edited January 2012

LML doing  ads ??  no problem with that.
    but has anyone seen ORFORD on challenge t.v. ?? now that is lamentable, lets get quizzicle, and
      he hosts  defectors. lisa  your way ahead in your ads.
  • edited January 2012
    why did she leave sky?
  • edited January 2012
    why did she leave sky?
    Posted by big_mick12
    LML has headed to the US to pursue the acting, I believe. Not 100% sure as that's not my part of the Sky Poker world, but pretty sure that's about right.
  • edited January 2012
    Wish her all the best in that endeavour; top lass...