You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A conspiracy theorist's letter ( Joke of course!! )

edited November 2009 in Area 51
this is a spoof not real!!!

With all the posts coming up about how sky poker is fixed and how boring the subject is, As you all know me quite well and have gathered i have a sense of humour i thought i'd write a spoof letter to sky as a conspiracy theorist complaining about my plight of bad luck ;

Dear Sky,

I am writing to you as i am rather distressed about you site sky poker!. I keep losing my money and want an explanation to my plight. I am going to list a few examples to back my claim that your site is fixed!

1. I had 7 2 the other day and some cheeky speculator only had an A A and we both went all in, i could not believe my eyes the flop came down A Q 8, then the turn come down another A, then the river card came down and it was a 2. What is this all about???

2. Disgusted by the bad beat with 2 7, i thought i'd go an play sky's Las vegas and have a punt on roulette. I kept putting all my money on number 134 and it never came in once! not once!

3. So i think about having a bet on the horses using sky bet, i bet on the tip of the day and the horse loses. I find out the horse i backed as recommended by sky was a 3 legged rocking horse!

4. I went onto the sky bingo site to watch a game. To my horror even as a spectator i still didn't win!!

So as you can see, i am rather upset by all of this. I am in need of counseling for all of this distress caused by you and they way everything is fixed at sky poker! I even felt so bad about my bad beats that i phoned the samaratian's guess what ... they put the phone down on me! Is no one really interested in my point of view ?

Yours Faithfully

Mr I always lose because it's fixed!
666 bad beat ave,
unlucky town
never winshire

Sky's response,

Dear Mr I always lose because it's fixed,

We are very sorry to hear of your troubles. However, we would like to point out that to play the above games not only needs luck but also SKILL!. We would also like to point out, as you are not a regular poster on the forum you will not win as much, as we tend to favour these people more ;).While we sympathize with you & your 7 2 hand in poker and that was just a slight mis-calculation call on your part, We plan to help you out with the following;  For your information 7 2 is regarded as the worst hand in poker and the odds are not so good. As a gesture of good will and to show there are no hard feelings, We have sent you an idiots guide called poker for dummies so perhaps you can improve your game. ;)

Regarding your bet on the roulette game, We would like to inform you that there are only 36 numbers on a roulette wheel and your bet on number 134 was never going to win! Again we apologize for not having a bigger roulette wheel to accommodate your needs. We do understand that 134 is your favourite number and can only apologize further that this number does not feature. As a gesture of good will we have sent you a little roulette wheel key ring to help avoid any further confusion ;)

Regarding your bet on the three legged rocking horse, well this a new one on us as they usually romp home at least 10 lengths clear of the field. We have noted that your bet on the three legged rocking horse was placed on April the 1st! As you will be aware this is April fool's day and it was just a bit of a giggle, However, having said that as this has caused you so much distress we are going to send you a picture of red rum and a £5 bet on any race that red rum features in, in the future! we have also sent you a calendar so you can clearly mark April the 1st as April fools day and avoid further betting on this day! ;)

With regards to the bingo, We again can only apologize for this outrage as we have many people that just sit and watch games without participating and win not only on a regular basis, but also win very big. Just last month a viewer was watching a game of bingo and won the national prize of £555,000, Because of his surprise & joy at his win he gave it all back to the sky poker team and told us to have a good xmas party on it! yes every penny! all £555,000! With this we at sky poker are having a week in vegas and are just going to gamble it all away recklessly.

As a gesture of good will for all your troubles, we would like to invite you to come to vegas with us on our xmas do and be our bag boy! also you will need to help Tikay and rich " THE CHAMP " orford out carrying their winning's around for them. As we are a bit strapped for cash we will book you in on Easyjet for your flight over, As our business class flight on American airlines is now full. Also we will book you in at a holiday inn just at the end of the vegas strip as all the villas & penthouse's  at the bellagio are now fully reserved for the sky poker team :)

We hope this goes to some way answering your comments regarding sky poker being fixed! We do look forward to taking more money off you in the future, as you have now been singled out for special treatment ;)

Yours faithfully

The Sky Poker team :)

P.S. Look for our new special range of bets coming up soon! this one is special -  Ken v Barbie in a cage fight which will be a  special presentation on Sky Box Office! 

7/1 ken takes barbie's head off
14/1 barbie takes ken's head off
Evens that will both lose an arm or a leg 

Our personal favourite 150/1 barbie gets her hair died before the fight and comes into the ring as a redhead!!!

HAPPY GAMBLING ;)

This is a spoof not real!!!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    You don't fool me Marge. This is a for real copy you sent to SKy............come on admit it. Denial is bad for the soul and you'll feel much better admitting it. It reminds me of the ''Dear Marge'' letters in the women's magazines that always start off..........''My friend has a problem and I was wondering...............

Time to come out of the closet Marge!
  • edited November 2009

Dear Margatemaf

I think its extremely bad form that you have published my private correspondence with Sky on an open forum.  I just hope that others don't see your post and expect Sky to give them the same generous gifts that that have to myself.

I STILL think that 7 2 offsuit is an excellent hand to go all in with, and as to why they can't increase the numbers on the roulette wheel to accomodate my favourite of 134 is WAY beyond me. 

For your information I still have the £5 free bet in my account as it appears Red Rum hasn't run for a while, but I await his return with the start of the new flat season which my sources tell me starts in 2011.

Yours sincerely

Mr I always lose because it's fixed!

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: A conspiracy theorist's letter ( Joke of course!! ):
    Dear Margatemaf I think its extremely bad form that you have published my private correspondence with Sky on an open forum.  I just hope that others don't see your post and expect Sky to give them the same generous gifts that that have to myself. I STILL think that 7 2 offsuit is an excellent hand to go all in with, and as to why they can't increase the numbers on the roulette wheel to accomodate my favourite of 134 is WAY beyond me.  For your information I still have the £5 free bet in my account as it appears Red Rum hasn't run for a while, but I await his return with the start of the new flat season which my sources tell me starts in 2011. Yours sincerely Mr I always lose because it's fixed!
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Oh come on Marge, paying an area51 in-mate to pretend the letter is his won't fool me either. Kiwi is a long-time resident here and in fact his picture shows him in the trickcyclists waiting room. Own up you know it makes sense.

Elsadog_________________
    consultant trickcyclist - area51
  • edited November 2009
    With regards to MARGATES post i would like to think that this site is not fixed but alas i am still waiting to get FIVE OF A KIND and how come we never see a JOKER or WILD card in the deck as everyone knows these cards are the real NUTS.dav
  • edited November 2009
    You don't fool me Marge. This is a for real copy you sent to SKy............come on admit it. Denial is bad for the soul and you'll feel much better admitting it. It reminds me of the ''Dear Marge'' letters in the women's magazines that always start off..........''My friend has a problem and I was wondering............... Time to come out of the closet Marge!
    Posted by elsadog

Dear Marge lol! you nutter ;) do i look like an agony aunt ;) no need to come out the closet elsa as people saw me lose bigtime on the TV sunday night an i didn't go on about it being fixed .... so mate i'm afraid your barking up the wrong tree lol ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Dear Margatemaf I think its extremely bad form that you have published my private correspondence with Sky on an open forum.  I just hope that others don't see your post and expect Sky to give them the same generous gifts that that have to myself. I STILL think that 7 2 offsuit is an excellent hand to go all in with, and as to why they can't increase the numbers on the roulette wheel to accomodate my favourite of 134 is WAY beyond me.  For your information I still have the £5 free bet in my account as it appears Red Rum hasn't run for a while, but I await his return with the start of the new flat season which my sources tell me starts in 2011. Yours sincerely Mr I always lose because it's fixed!
    Posted by Kiwini4u

Kwini lol ... you need to pay me a visit and come sit on my couch and tell me all your troubles my friend, you sound very disturbed lol ;) i can do mates rates if cost is a worry ;)
  • edited November 2009
    With regards to MARGATES post i would like to think that this site is not fixed but alas i am still waiting to get FIVE OF A KIND and how come we never see a JOKER or WILD card in the deck as everyone knows these cards are the real NUTS.dav
    Posted by dav1964

lol dave, your plaing the wrong tables mate, i got beaten last week by someone with 9 of a kind! :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: A conspiracy theorist's letter ( Joke of course!! ) : lol dave, your plaing the wrong tables mate, i got beaten last week by someone with 9 of a kind! :)
    Posted by margatemaf
    now that is a hand worth losing to lol
  • edited November 2009
    I know lol that's why i didn't post up moaning about a bad beat, i always thought i was in front with 6 kings but i was impressed when the guy turned over 9 Ace's as i thought there were only 7 in a deck ;)
  • edited November 2009
    I know lol that's why i didn't post up moaning about a bad beat, i always thought i was in front with 6 kings but i was impressed when the guy turned over 9 Ace's as i thought there were only 7 in a deck ;)
    Posted by margatemaf

Nurse !!!!
  • edited November 2009
    I would make a great agony aunt, like my wife says 'your mr compassion - not' I got a job in the samaritans last year. My supervisor said that during my 1st 2 months id had more suicides on my watch than anyone could remember, i told her that i was talking to a lot of depressed people, however she pointed out that the only people i spoke to were the other volunteers.
  • edited November 2009
    I would make a great agony aunt, like my wife says 'your mr compassion - not' I got a job in the samaritans last year. My supervisor said that during my 1st 2 months id had more suicides on my watch than anyone could remember, i told her that i was talking to a lot of depressed people, however she pointed out that the only people i spoke to were the other volunteers.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Very good. I did lol.