You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Check/call right move?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Only been at the table a few minutes, no reads yet
Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
callidus Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £29.74
palavo_oko Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £29.31
  Your hole cards

smithy64 Fold        
FOOKINHELL Fold        
AJE222 Fold        
KIBEN Fold        
jh16 Fold        
TonyMT Fold        
Poker_Fail Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £29.10
kiokeeper Call   £0.90 £2.25 £38.12
callidus Fold        
palavo_oko Fold        
Flop

Poker_Fail Bet   £1.13 £3.38 £27.97
kiokeeper Call   £1.13 £4.51 £36.99
Turn

Poker_Fail Bet   £2.26 £6.77 £25.71
kiokeeper Call   £2.26 £9.03 £34.73
River

Poker_Fail Check      

Comments

• edited January 2012

c/f is better. reads dont matter my nan could be the villian and she would prob win the hand

• edited January 2012
    your beating a bluff thats it flush got there any 2 or 7 wins its ime to give up and check fold 
  • edited January 2012
    b/f

as you have checked then c/c
  • edited January 2012
    C/F ... u beat nothin by the river thats called twice.. theres no value bet there and he's not betting worse, jus give up 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Check/call right move?:
    C/F ... u beat nothin by the river thats called twice.. theres no value bet there and he's not betting worse, jus give up 
    Posted by LnarinOO
    OK sounds good, such a horrible turn AND river.

Turns out he simply checked behing and was drawing to a GS which he missed.

So basically he doesn't bluff the river enough to make calling profitable at all?
  • edited January 2012
    did he have  8 9 then..? 

if so he still folds to a bet so no value in betting..

we have to assign a range for calling 2 streets on this board.. we essentialy have a bluff catcher. if he fires on the river i would think 'if he's betting for value im crushed'.. his value bettin range is mainly flushes and some straights.. 
    then i would think 'what frequency is he bluffing here given his line'?.. i think its slim but with a hand like 8 9 or A8 its a perfect card to do so..
    ! would u call a river bet ?? 

his blufing range is too narrow here to call a bet profitably if he fires river. imo

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Check/call right move?:
    did he have  8 9 then..?  if so he still folds to a bet so no value in betting.. we have to assign a range for calling 2 streets on this board.. we essentialy have a bluff catcher. if he fires on the river i would think 'if he's betting for value im crushed'.. his value bettin range is mainly flushes and some straights..  then i would think 'what frequency is he bluffing here given his line'?.. i think its slim but with a hand like 8 9 or A8 its a perfect card to do so.. ! would u call a river bet ??  his blufing range is too narrow here to call a bet profitably if he fires river. imo
    Posted by LnarinOO
    Yeh, he had 89, just to clarify, I would never plan on firing that river as i know that would essentially be bluffing, as you say most of the hands he calls through the streets with has hit the river so bad odds for the call, thanks for the help.