You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dennis Taylor 100/1

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Ive noticed sky have priced Dennis Taylor at 100/1 to win the first leg of the SPT.  Will sky be giving odds on everyone else??? I doubt they will but would be nice to be able to bet on some of the guys/gals from on here, im sure it would generate quite a lot of interest as well.

I know who id back but dont wanna give this person a big head so wont name them

If sky wont be offering odds on the SPT you got any fun comps lined up for it rich?

Gareth

Comments

• edited November 2009
    as far as odds on anyone else i'm not sure, but i'll do some digging.

to see the 100/1 Taylor bet along with a few others click here
  • edited November 2009

Dear Sky Rich,

Can I have Odds on Orford winning it, please? 

Yours etc,

Optimistic & Deluded.
  • edited November 2009
    I mentioned this before on the Sky Tour pages... I think it would be an excellent idea.. Would be so hard to pick a winner so dont think sky will have to payout much, but if skybet/skypoker produers/ presenters/analysts all got together they could do this (either spread bet everyone at 100/1 or give each individual player odds) would be very interesting to see who the "Staff" rate the players and who they think will do well.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do it, it will cause so much banter and add extra spice to the tour
  • edited November 2009
    ill put 50p on dennis, im a snooker fan and i think he can do it.
  • edited November 2009
    no promises but i'll see what i can do
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Dennis Taylor 100/1:
    I mentioned this before on the Sky Tour pages... I think it would be an excellent idea.. Would be so hard to pick a winner so dont think sky will have to payout much, but if skybet/skypoker produers/ presenters/analysts all got together they could do this (either spread bet everyone at 100/1 or give each individual player odds) would be very interesting to see who the "Staff" rate the players and who they think will do well.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do it, it will cause so much banter and add extra spice to the tour
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Good idea but will the issue of betting on the opposition produce ethical issues. E.g. You are at the final table have backed a fellow player at 100/1 for £10, there is the element of doubt that this will have an effect on the way you play.

Betfr*d allow you to back yourself in the pub poker regionals, but not on others.
  • edited November 2009
    anyone else had punt on this?
  • edited November 2009
    can  i  have  50p  each  way  please
  • edited November 2009
    click on the link and put your 50p on that way. unfortunately i can't do it for you
  • edited November 2009
    if you need any help placing a bet the live support team will be able to help you out
  • edited November 2009
    Quite like this idea, and dave makes a good point about the ethics, so i would assume participants wouldnt be able to bet on other players.
  • edited November 2009
    I would love to place a bet on FlashFlush, he runs like God at these live events!
  • edited November 2009
    I would love to place a bet on FlashFlush, he runs like God at these live events!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thats who I was going to have a small flutter on if this was allowed
  • edited November 2009
    Dennis Taylor 100/1

- He needs to make sure he wears his glasses the correct way round or the cards will apear upside down.

- If he gets a tough decision during the play, will he consider himself snookered?

- No Dennis! A red card is not worth 1 point and a black card worht 7 !

- The tournament organiser annouces there wil be a break lasign for 5 minutes. 'How I am suppoosed to clear up in 5 minutes', Dennis Taylor thinks to himself.

- He woudldn't mind getting heads up against Steve Davis - last time in 1985 he won 18-17.

(time for me to grab my coat )
  • edited November 2009
    whens snooker back on bbc2????
  • edited November 2009
    Dennis Taylor 100/1 - He needs to make sure he wears his glasses the correct way round or the cards will apear upside down. - If he gets a tough decision during the play, will he consider himself snookered? - No Dennis! A red card is not worth 1 point and a black card worht 7 ! - The tournament organiser annouces there wil be a break lasign for 5 minutes. 'How I am suppoosed to clear up in 5 minutes', Dennis Taylor thinks to himself. - He woudldn't mind getting heads up against Steve Davis - last time in 1985 he won 18-17. (time for me to grab my coat )
    Posted by RichiSwift
    ill fetch your coat for you
  • edited November 2009
    Dennis Taylor 100/1 - He needs to make sure he wears his glasses the correct way round or the cards will apear upside down. - If he gets a tough decision during the play, will he consider himself snookered? - No Dennis! A red card is not worth 1 point and a black card worht 7 ! - The tournament organiser annouces there wil be a break lasign for 5 minutes. 'How I am suppoosed to clear up in 5 minutes', Dennis Taylor thinks to himself. - He woudldn't mind getting heads up against Steve Davis - last time in 1985 he won 18-17. (time for me to grab my coat )
    Posted by RichiSwift
    Material for tikay and Rich methinks!

• edited November 2009
    I played poker with Alex Higgins a few years ago. Every time he got a hand he sniffed up.

I played him at snooker too along with David (not Dennis) Taylor, John Parrot and the late great John Spencer.
  • edited November 2009
    I played poker with Alex Higgins a few years ago. Every time he got a hand he sniffed up. I played him at snooker too along with David (not Dennis) Taylor, John Parrot and the late great John Spencer.
    Posted by elsadog
    David Taylor was 'the  silver fox' and i seen him at butlins in the late 70's.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Dennis Taylor 100/1 : David Taylor was 'the  silver fox' and i seen him at butlins in the late 70's.
    Posted by loonytoons
    The most talented 'unknown' came from your neck of the woods loony. His name was Joe Kerr and he was the NI billiards champion for something like 6 years on the trot. I played with him daily in the 80's and he could make a snooker ball do things you wouldn't believe.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Dennis Taylor 100/1 : The most talented 'unknown' came from your neck of the woods loony. His name was Joe Kerr and he was the NI billiards champion for something like 6 years on the trot. I played with him daily in the 80's and he could make a snooker ball do things you wouldn't believe.
    Posted by elsadog
    I knew a talented thai who could do it with ping pong balls, but never snookerballs lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Dennis Taylor 100/1 : I knew a talented thai who could do it with ping pong balls, but never snookerballs lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    haha, my vote for post of the year