You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What next?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Should I make the call here?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
thebil123 Small blind  20.00 20.00 4625.00
SoLack Big blind  40.00 60.00 4148.12
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

77viper77 Fold     
doshmeist Fold     
Slykllist Raise  120.00 180.00 5545.00
Blkw1dDo Fold     
thebil123 Raise  320.00 500.00 4305.00
SoLack Call  300.00 800.00 3848.12
Slykllist Raise  1100.00 1900.00 4445.00
thebil123 All-in  4305.00 6205.00 0.00
SoLack Fold    

Comments

• edited January 2012
    You can't 4bet fold QQ.
  • edited January 2012

I agree with dude here you cant 4bet fold qq maybe you should have just called the 3bet in position and see what opponent does after the flop.

also any info on the opponent?

• edited January 2012
    Hi Liamboi..... where've you been, not seen you around for ages!

Opponent had been pretty solid to be fair.  I did make the call btw, just wanted opinions.
  • edited January 2012
    what level tourney is this, its obv a deepstack but buyin???-

i would probally fold, QQ really aint  good against a value 5bet jam and dont think he's bluffin with worse... u have loadsa chips jus fold a find a better spot.. 

once u get 3bet AND thats cold called, i dont really like the 4bet. unsure about level of players and history but in a vacum against standard ranges i wouldnt like to 4bet fold so id jus flat and play poker with deep stacks .. 

• edited January 2012
    must admit i would flat the 3 bet in a ds. cash table different matter.
  • edited January 2012
    It was in the £2.20 deepstack in tonight DTD
  • edited January 2012
    Against a random, i.e you have no notes I'd be happy getting it in here in this MTT.
  • edited January 2012
    As it is a deepstack i dont think you should be looking to get it in here tbh just flatting the reraise would of been fine. As played you should call here against a radom however
  • edited January 2012
    canu explain to me why ppl would call vs unknown plz ..?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: What next?:
    canu explain to me why ppl would call vs unknown plz ..?
    Posted by LnarinOO
    I'll explain - in the DTD (3 tournies on a Monday that form a league) there are alot of regulars who play agaist each other every week so in the main have a good feel for each others games and in some cases decent notes.  Probably half the field is made up of DTD regulars so it's not quite the generalisation it first sounds.
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks for input folks, for the record he had KK and they held decimating my stack :(

Having reflected of the comments I think I agree flatting the 3-bet is probably the best policy here although I still think I'm struggling not to get alot of chips in unless the flop comes A high.

Every day's a school day!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: What next? : I'll explain - in the DTD (3 tournies on a Monday that form a league) there are alot of regulars who play agaist each other every week so in the main have a good feel for each others games and in some cases decent notes.  Probably half the field is made up of DTD regulars so it's not quite the generalisation it first sounds.
    Posted by Slykllist[/QUOTE

doesnt explain.. 

im questionin why this is a call vs a player with have no reads on.. 

are u jus gonna presume that because he is a 'random' and we have no reads, that he is just a spewtard thats gonna 3b/5b jam a range wide enough to make QQ a profitable call ... bearing in mind that this must only be level 1 maybe 2 of a DS tourney..?? 

• edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    I've seen people get it in pre at 10/20 with 5000 chips with 10's and AJ before so wouldn't be surprised to see worse here also and TP no kicker after flop in first level etc, there's basically a lot of value early.

Overall though I'd probably call the 3bet IP and go from there.
  • edited January 2012

prob flat 3bet. If you 4bet you should be snapping the shove

• edited January 2012
    Hi Liamboi..... where've you been, not seen you around for ages! Opponent had been pretty solid to be fair.  I did make the call btw, just wanted opinions.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Hi m8 yeah no been on here since before xmas withdrew all the money in my account not been working back at college now so needed the money but i will be back in a few weeks goin 2 start grinding from 4nl work my way up again but gl at tables
  • edited January 2012

when you 4bet you really should be thinking in advance,  if your plan is not too call a 5bet shove in this particular hand then you really shouldnt be 4betting in the first place.

around 100bbs deep 4bet folding is pretty much lighting money on fire, and you really dont wanna be 4bet bluffing as you will be forced to call with a hand much weaker than your opponents range based on the direct odds your gettin to call a shove.

you are 140bbs deep in this hand so you can actually 4bet fold comfortably, i wouldnt be 4bet folding QQ, but id def be looking to 4bet hands like Ax Kx Qx which i can fold easily to a shove. QQ you really have to get it in, and that should have been your reason for 4betting in the first place. can you fold? yes u can, its dumb to 4bet fold QQ but if half way through the hand you realise you have made a mistake, then fold.

depending on reads im either callin the 3bet or 4betting with the intention of getting it in