You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Been given a tip today and its a trainer a very shrewd trainer

edited January 2012 in Betting Chat
Been given a tip today and its a trainer a very shrewd trainer barney curley whenever hes horses are backed they usually run vvery well and this horse was 5/1 this morning its now 3/1 take that price it will be shorter 3.55 w/ton sommerstum this trainer is shrewdest of them all a freind of mine has a book of hes and the stuff he pulled of ws amazing 

Comments

• edited January 2012
    it won get in there wooooooooo hooooooooooo opened up 7/1 backed into 5/2 hope u got on 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Been given a tip today and its a trainer a very shrewd trainer:
    it won get in there wooooooooo hooooooooooo opened up 7/1 backed into 5/2 hope u got on 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You are a legend !!!!

This will make you laff, JJ told me about this earlier so I was gonna do my sky tv discount bet of the day for £10, well as usual the betting slip was playing up I kept clicking it and it wouldnt take the bet. I ended up staking £10x2 on at 11/4 by accident. Then just before the race I saw the odds where like 7/1 which had me thinking ive missed some value here! So I put another tenner on. 

Result made over 160 quid including stake back. 

Gonna have a few beers before the footy now, cheers !
  • edited January 2012
    haha no problems i used to work in a bookies and my m8 says when theres a horse of barney curleys thats been backed get on it they usually run very well he had a betting scam back in the 70s my m8es got a book about him couldnt believe the price 7/1 so had a tenner on get in :) 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Been given a tip today and its a trainer a very shrewd trainer:
    haha no problems i used to work in a bookies and my m8 says when theres a horse of barney curleys thats been backed get on it they usually run very well he had a betting scam back in the 70s my m8es got a book about him couldnt believe the price 7/1 so had a tenner on get in :) 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Im not complaining but the betting pattern was very strange, was 11/4 drifted to 7/1 then came back in to 11/4. Being a non racing person I find that a bit weird. 

Thanks again! 
  • edited January 2012
    at wolverhampton u get betting patterns like this and u get like 3-4 horses backed in same race its not unusual only takes £20 on a 10/1 shot on course then it would go 8/1 so this didnt put me of 1 little bit glad i got on at right time at 7/1 i was always backing it because there was money for it this morning 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Been given a tip today and its a trainer a very shrewd trainer:
    Been given a tip today and its a trainer a very shrewd trainer barney curley whenever hes horses are backed they usually run vvery well and this horse was 5/1 this morning its now 3/1 take that price it will be shorter 3.55 w/ton sommerstum this trainer is shrewdest of them all a freind of mine has a book of hes and the stuff he pulled of ws amazing 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Only just got home, so missed your message,well done.
    I have heard about Barney Curley before.When they gamble on his horses, it is a goo dsign! Well done for the tip!
  • edited January 2012
    geeeez my freind just phoned me up he had £200 on it at 7/1 wow lol 
  • edited January 2012
    Great tip Donk had a few quid on earlier got 9/2,deffo didn't think it would drift to open at 7/1 on course, but hugh taylors tip was what came 2nd and may have accounted for the price drift, because that was 9/1(i think/1st thing today) had reversre forcast on the 2 of them with my bet.
  • edited January 2012
    nice 1 good win won easy enough any mopre tips i shall post on here :)
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    YEP YOUR 100% CORRECT, BIGGEST CROOK IN RACING, WEN THERES MONEY DOWN 8 TIMES OUT OF 10 THEY WILL WIN FOR HIM BUT BE CAREFUL COS THE BOOKIES ARE AWARE OF THIS AND AT TIMES WILL PULL THE PRICE IN SO PUNTERS BACK HIS HORSES!!!
  • edited January 2012

I always miss the winners but welld one - Nice win

• edited January 2012
    i used to work in bookies a m8 of mine followed this trainer for ages whenever he has a horse and its backed he says have a bet on it so i do and like u say 8/10 times it comes in made a good profit :)