You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how are these guys winning money playing like this

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceandybethSmall blind £0.20£0.20£19.40berisio86Big blind £0.20£0.40£6.08 Your hole cardsJJ   stanley644Fold    Mallard24Raise £0.60£1.00£50.00TheCats86Fold    robyoungRaise £2.40£3.40£10.17andybethFold    berisio86Fold    Mallard24Call £1.80£5.20£48.20Flop  599   Mallard24Check    robyoungBet £3.90£9.10£6.27Mallard24Raise £16.90£26.00£31.30robyoungAll-in £6.27£32.27£0.00Mallard24Unmatched bet £6.73£25.54£38.03Mallard24Show49   robyoungShowJJ   Turn  7   River  K   Mallard24WinThree 9s£24.26 £62.29

Comments

• edited January 2012
    that,s sky poker
    robyoung
    any 2 cards.
    that,s why i stopped playing cash,
    it,s absolute garbage.

one nite playing n/l  5/10p

i went all-in pre flop 7 times
    with qqx3
    kkx2
    aax2
    and lost every hand
    pluss £70+

now playing dym
    and loving it
    had kk the other day
    called an all-in,obviously had aa
    lost £3.30
    won the session though £22.50 i think from memory

good luck buddy
    you,ll need it!

devon
  • edited January 2012

He must have thought you were bluffing on the button, 4x raise!!

Surely  9 4 soooted is good here!!!

It just doesn`t surprise me anymore,

UL and run better.

• edited January 2012
    good question 4 x rais and he calls with 9 4
    must be the any 2 suited game
  • edited January 2012
    just forget that hand and look for him next time you play by the looks of it you'll get your money back plus more, im guessing hes a calling station so make it expensive for him to see the flop 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: how are these guys winning money playing like this:
    just forget that hand and look for him next time you play by the looks of it you'll get your money back plus more, im guessing hes a calling station so make it expensive for him to see the flop 
    Posted by JIMMYRED2
    It happens and it hurts but there are loads of any 2 suited merchants at ALL levels on the site. With a paired board you are only beating a bluff or an underpair when he shoves so the call is -EV. Just one to take on the chin and move on. I've played with you and you're a decent player and gonna be ahead of the villain in profits long term all day long!!!
  • edited January 2012
    Sammy Farha wud do this all day long, do we assume hes a donkey, or has reasoning/plan in the hand.  Yeap its total spew, but mayb he had a plan, intending to get creative post vs you, but flopped hot instead.

think we often just assume ppl are idiots when theres sometimes alot more going on.

its clearly bad in isolation, but maybe the player was.  I'm pretty aggro in cash, to set up my action.  ill play 46 same as AK if mood strikes.  range balancing etc.
  • edited January 2012
    Sammy Farha wud do this all day long, do we assume hes a donkey, or has reasoning/plan in the hand.  Yeap its total spew, but mayb he had a plan, intending to get creative post vs you, but flopped hot instead. think we often just assume ppl are idiots when theres sometimes alot more going on. its clearly bad in isolation, but maybe the player was.  I'm pretty aggro in cash, to set up my action.  ill play 46 same as AK if mood strikes.  range balancing etc.
    Posted by ilove2h8pr
    dont think someone with the ability of sammy farha plays nl20 do you? lol
  • edited January 2012
    read between the lines :)

• edited January 2012
    Its just ul mate but to be fair hes got position on u when u checked the flop and he bet u got to think hes reppin qq kk aa or any 9 with the bet he puts in i know its hard to get off the hand but u could easily fold unless u had a good read all the best in the future im sure u will make lots of money they wont hit everytime will they keep smiling =)
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: how are these guys winning money playing like this : It happens and it hurts but there are loads of any 2 suited merchants at ALL levels on the site. With a paired board you are only beating a bluff or an underpair when he shoves so the call is -EV. Just one to take on the chin and move on. I've played with you and you're a decent player and gonna be ahead of the villain in profits long term all day long!!!
    Posted by SJspanky1
    How dreadful are you? Saying calling is -EV lol, theres being tivht and then theres taking the pee, dunno why u bother playing poker
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: how are these guys winning money playing like this : How dreadful are you? Saying calling is -EV lol, theres being tivht and then theres taking the pee, dunno why u bother playing poker
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    So when somebody shoves over our continuation bet when we are holding JJ on a 5 9 9 board we are to assume they hold pocket 10's or under or pure air are we? Basically we are to assume the villain is a moron. I struggle to believe that is your actual viewpoint as despite the misleading nickname you are one of the tightest players on this site.
  • edited January 2012
    Its just ul mate but to be fair hes got position on u when u checked the flop and he bet u got to think hes reppin qq kk aa or any 9 with the bet he puts in i know its hard to get off the hand but u could easily fold unless u had a good read all the best in the future im sure u will make lots of money they wont hit everytime will they keep smiling =)
    Posted by yorkslad
    i didnt check the flop :s lol
  • edited January 2012
    i bet the villains excuse was the good old chessnut is OOOOOOOOOO THEY WERE SUITED MY FAV LOOOL