You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£3 DYM - what's our play here facing btn raise

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Other stacks have about 2000 each

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rancid Small blind   150.00 150.00 1695.00
mintissimo Big blind   300.00 450.00 3455.00
  Your hole cards

whodelthis Fold        
woolley037 Fold        
ANGUSDC Raise   600.00 1050.00 3095.00
rancid

Comments

• edited January 2012
    I'd personally fold with at best it being a race, you've also just passed blinds so have a little breathing space. 
  • edited January 2012
    fold this is in dyms at this stage your the 1 that wants to do the all in not cal a all in its easy to go all in with 99 but harder to call a all in with 9s :)
  • edited January 2012
    any reads on villain, has he been doin this frequently etc?

@ dudeskin why is it a race at best sum players will even min raise fold here, esp at this level and then some of the time we get called it can be by 88-22 and A9-A2 plus other hands
  • edited January 2012
    i probo shove here as ur lowstack, unless button hasnt really been playing much then i can probably fold

if we were 3/4 then could fold but not really going to get a better opportunity imo 

get it in, if they have better pair UL 
  • edited January 2012
    this looks closer to a reship ai than a fold to me
  • edited January 2012

I put my chips in the middle here and hope Im racing. He might have nothing and might just be trying to take pot down Pre Flop.

Jonathan

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £3 DYM - what's our play here facing btn raise:
    any reads on villain, has he been doin this frequently etc? @ dudeskin why is it a race at best sum players will even min raise fold here, esp at this level and then some of the time we get called it can be by 88-22 and A9-A2 plus other hands
    Posted by SHANXTA

Bad scope
    no history
    not been gettin out of line on this table
    table is passive
    standard bad random tbh

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £3 DYM - what's our play here facing btn raise : Bad scope no history not been gettin out of line on this table table is passive standard bad random tbh
    Posted by rancid
    unless the table is playin so bad that they are tryin 2 bust themselves then this is a jam
  • edited January 2012
    I'd personally fold with at best it being a race, you've also just passed blinds so have a little breathing space. 
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    was that the only word they taught you at school?
  • edited January 2012
    The raise just looks really strong to me and I can't see him folding to an extra 1100.

@ Shanxta - Out of interest what range are you shoving with here in this sort of spot ?
  • edited January 2012
    Can't see why a min raise here is looking stronger then a shove, infact to me its looking like this guy is stealing but he doesn't wanna risk his whole stack against the BB that has him covered.

Dudeskin when you give an opinion in the clinic you seem to think that the worse case scenario is happening alot of the time. I don't know whether you are giving opponents too much credit or what.
  • edited January 2012
    I just see these games as trying to be risk averse and shoving over a big stack who's raised seems risky to me, clearly I'm wrong in that view but would like to know what a re-shove range should be in this situation once Shanxta gets back online. 
  • edited January 2012
    I'm shoving here every time.  The fact that he didnt shove prob means he is scared of getting into a confrontation with the other big stack in the bb. So i could usually rule out JJ+, and as i'm the short stack, i dont mind a race as u need to get chips, u cant wait around forever! The only hand i'm worried about is 1010, and if he has that, then its just very unlucky.
  • edited January 2012
    The raise just looks really strong to me and I can't see him folding to an extra 1100. @ Shanxta - Out of interest what range are you shoving with here in this sort of spot ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    with specific reads then it can be a fold, there are some ppl who in this spot will always jam medium aces and like 10's downwards and then min raise monsters so with a read it can be a fold

however there are alot more players at this level who will either min raise weak hands, or just be plain stealing and will fold 2 the ship

99 is towards the bottom of my range and it can still be a fold if the others r playin like maniacs and looking like they are tryin 2 bust themselves

hope this makes sense but iv only just woken up and am full of flu
  • edited January 2012
    I was about to say 99 prob is bottom of our range here with the shove + AQ/AK 

although i agree dude it is better to be risk adverse but at times you just have to go for it whether its flipping or not, especially when you are the shortstack and if the other players arent all being too wreckless. if you think they will bust first eg. overplaying hands and playing too many then feel free to wait. Also if the button raiser hasnt been doing it light and we have solid reads. 

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £3 DYM - what's our play here facing btn raise : with specific reads then it can be a fold, there are some ppl who in this spot will always jam medium aces and like 10's downwards and then min raise monsters so with a read it can be a fold however there are alot more players at this level who will either min raise weak hands, or just be plain stealing and will fold 2 the ship 99 is towards the bottom of my range and it can still be a fold if the others r playin like maniacs and looking like they are tryin 2 bust themselves hope this makes sense but iv only just woken up and am full of flu
    Posted by SHANXTA
    So would you go lower say 77+ or even 55+ or is 99 the cut-off in general situations?