You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not a bad beat bleat

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Bear with me!! Over the past month have been winning ok. BR up 25% at very low levels. Just lost 3 quarters tho. It started with an all in before the flop with AA when a vilain called with QJ and hit QQ. Then my AA was out drawn by 22. A pair of 10's all in was outflopped by 89 when 2 9's fell. Can anyone give me some confidence that normal service will be resumed and how long these bad runs take to work themselves out.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    It really depends Gracie, you need to make sure it is just bad luck. Replay or post hands which you have busted and think whether you have bet too small pre? or could you have played each street any different?

Also depends on whether you play Mtt's, STT or Cash as to how long variance can be. 

If it is just variance and your playing perfect poker then im sure it will turn around sooner then later, usually does :) 

Good luck
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Not a bad beat bleat:
    It really depends Gracie, you need to make sure it is just bad luck. Replay or post hands which you have busted and think whether you have bet too small pre? or could you have played each street any different? Also depends on whether you play Mtt's, STT or Cash as to how long variance can be.  If it is just variance and your playing perfect poker then im sure it will turn around sooner then later, usually does :)  Good luck
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    On the basis that they were all all in pre flop I am fairly happy but not 5 mins ago I had 10's and out flopped K's and trip 3's on the river. Hopefully the poker gods now look more benighly on me -for now until the next time anyway.