You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

nl10 rivered set - call/fold/raise

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
No real history with oppo, seems TAG
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
tiptaptoe Big blind   £0.10 £0.10 £2.92
  Your hole cards

GREGHOGG Fold        
dawn1970 Fold        
rancid Raise   £0.40 £0.50 £36.45
X Call   £0.40 £0.90 £7.32
tiptaptoe Fold        
Flop

rancid Check        
X Check        
Turn

• A

rancid Check        
X Check        
River

rancid Bet   £1.40 £2.30 £35.05
X Raise   £2.80 £5.10 £4.52
rancid

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Considering they have ~£4 left on river im pretty sure its a shove. I think theres probably enough hands you beat in his range that merit the value shove vs the number of times he has you beat.

Beat: 98, 44, 87, A9, A8, A4, A7, Ax one pairs
    Lose: 99, 88, AA, JT, 56

If he calls all his Ax one pairs, then yeah, I think you have to shove. Ul if you ran into the nuts.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: nl10 rivered set - call/fold/raise:
    Considering they have ~£4 left on river im pretty sure its a shove. I think theres probably enough hands you beat in his range that merit the value shove vs the number of times he has you beat. Beat: 98, 44, 87, A9, A8, A4, A7, Ax one pairs Lose: 99, 88, AA, JT, 56 If he calls all his Ax one pairs, then yeah, I think you have to shove. Ul if you ran into the nuts.
    Posted by CoxyLboro

defo ship the lot but dont think any of these hands are in his rage 
  • edited January 2012
    maybe 56 spades
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: nl10 rivered set - call/fold/raise : defo ship the lot but dont think any of these hands are in his rage 
    Posted by LnarinOO
    actually i take it back i spose he can with this stack
  • edited January 2012
    Considering they have ~£4 left on river im pretty sure its a shove. I think theres probably enough hands you beat in his range that merit the value shove vs the number of times he has you beat.

Beat: 98, 44, 87, A9, A8, A4, A7, Ax one pairs
    Lose: 99, 88, AA, JT, 56 If he calls all his Ax one pairs,

then yeah, I think you have to shove. Ul if you ran into the nuts.
    Posted by CoxyLboro

Would think oppo bets most of the range I beat on the turn
    What hands is oppo min raising river for value, this was my concern
    7 brings in draws so.....

I was stuck between shove or call
    Had this guy on my shoulder saying "you have set, you must go for full value - shove it"
  • edited January 2012
    Considering they have ~£4 left on river im pretty sure its a shove. I think theres probably enough hands you beat in his range that merit the value shove vs the number of times he has you beat. Beat: 98, 44, 87, A9, A8, A4, A7, Ax one pairs Lose: 99, 88, AA, JT, 56 If he calls all his Ax one pairs, then yeah, I think you have to shove. Ul if you ran into the nuts.
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    do you not think the most of the range you have assigned bets flop/turn?

this is an easy flat tbh & ill make notes if i did lose value
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: nl10 rivered set - call/fold/raise : defo ship the lot but dont think any of these hands are in his rage 
    Posted by LnarinOO
    this makes no sense at all
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: nl10 rivered set - call/fold/raise : this makes no sense at all
    Posted by potattoooo
    basically i meant get ya money in..!! i dont think many of those hands sated were in villains range otherwise im sure we would have heard from them before the river, but u see some werid things at lower stakes i recon..! only value hand that stands out to me would be 56. 
    the pot after flop is only 9bb with 73 effective behind.. surely 2 pair or sets wouldnt check twice. and J10 would at least have a stab wen check to twice.. withh stack sizes it polarised to nuts or air but u see werid things and 77 aint far from nutted given this line so shove..!!
    also possible misclick back as min raise.

• edited January 2012
    Some people won't bet straight draws on the turn even when checked to twice.

Flat, take note of what villian does in that situation (i.e, what he can call pre then refuses to bet when checked to twice in position)