You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

multitabling bankroll management.

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
A question i have is why would say for example assuming full buyins 1 tabling NL4 with £80 would be deemed acceptable, however if i was multitabling 6 games with the same stake this would not be as i'm essentially playing with 25% of my roll, but this wouldn't matter? as you have 6 different games open so your not risking 25% of your roll at one time. I just don't see the logic in this, as the one tabler could play more than 6 times as frequently as the multitabler? Which would then see him play just as many hands?

of course the 1 tabler will be able to make more informed decisions, but the multitabler will surely cancel this out with how much less a bad beat would effect his plays.

I would appreciate a logical answer to this as its got me thinking for a while now.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to multitabling bankroll management.:
    A question i have is why would say for example assuming full buyins 1 tabling NL4 with £80 would be deemed acceptable, however if i was multitabling 6 games with the same stake this would not be as i'm essentially playing with 25% of my roll, but this wouldn't matter? as you have 6 different games open so your not risking 25% of your roll at one time. I just don't see the logic in this, as the one tabler could play more than 6 times as frequently as the multitabler? Which would then see him play just as many hands? of course the 1 tabler will be able to make more informed decisions, but the multitabler will surely cancel this out with how much less a bad beat would effect his plays. I would appreciate a logical answer to this as its got me thinking for a while now.
    Posted by Swog

the more tables you play the less you can focus, therefore your winrate suffers, which in turn increases your variance.

if you are liable to tilt or lack emotional control then when you take a few beats in a short time frame or lose a chunk of your roll then you can suddenly be flinging stacks in left and right and 2 minutes later thinking "I did an uupssie where's my maney gone?!" 

So you need a bigger BR to comfortably play multitple tables versus just one.

• edited January 2012

In Response to Re: multitabling bankroll management.:

In Response to multitabling bankroll management. : the more tables you play the less you can focus, therefore your winrate suffers, which in turn increases your variance. if you are liable to tilt or lack emotional control then when you take a few beats in a short time frame or lose a chunk of your roll then you can suddenly be flinging stacks in left and right and 2 minutes later thinking "I did an uupssie where's my maney gone?!"  So you need a bigger BR to comfortably play multitple tables versus just one.
    Posted by beaneh
    /thread

• edited January 2012
    If you keep losing track of who raised/3 bet pre or any other action on any street then your playing too many tables

cut back

+1 Beanah -

• edited January 2012
    i play 3-4 tables at the moment, and don't normally lose track of any action. Would 25BI's be enough for NL4?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: multitabling bankroll management.:
    i play 3-4 tables at the moment, and don't normally lose track of any action. Would 25BI's be enough for NL4?
    Posted by Swog

you should expect to have a higher winrate the lower you play if you are a winner ldo, so you can have a smaller BR for the lower limtis, and the higher you start playing the more comfortably rolled you want to be.