You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What should i be doing here? no reads on 3bettor...

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
villian has £6 stack, i have £5 stack. Caller has around £3

Comments

• edited January 2012
    xxxSmall blind £0.02£0.02£6.75MICKSAFCBig blind £0.04£0.06£1.16 Your hole cardsAK   SwogRaise £0.16£0.22£5.53FADAMFold    nffc4evaCall £0.16£0.38£3.46bbb10Fold    xxxRaise £0.62£1.00£6.13MICKSAFCFold    Swog
  • edited January 2012
    With no reads. Fold for me.
  • edited January 2012
    im in 2 minds, sometimes i would 4 bet to 1.50 and call an all in

the other times i would call and re=assess

I probably favour the 2nd option here as its quite a big 3 bet

• edited January 2012
    I gave him the benefit of the doubt and folded. Waited for a better spot. (which never came lol)
  • edited January 2012
    Given i had AK and big chance caller had an A or K in his hand, very unlikely he would have AA or KK. Maybe a re-raise to £1.50 and hope i was flipping.
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    i would raise here to around 1.80 and fire out any flop 
  • edited January 2012

Wouldn't a call be a losing play long term, other than a 10JQ flop what flop am i going to be loving? if he had 10-KK and an Ace came on the flop, it'll be hard to get more money out of him. I'm just prolonging a hard decision till later on in the hand, surely?

Given the table dynamics (not many 3bets) i gave him the benefit of the doubt, this way when i do have Aces or Kings and he does this again, i'll take his stack most the time. Minimal investment of 16p and some priceless information.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: What should i be doing here? no reads on 3bettor...:
    Wouldn't a call be a losing play long term, other than a 10JQ flop what flop am i going to be loving? if he had 10-KK and an Ace came on the flop, it'll be hard to get more money out of him. I'm just prolonging a hard decision till later on in the hand, surely? Given the table dynamics (not many 3bets) i gave him the benefit of the doubt, this way when i do have Aces or Kings and he does this again, i'll take his stack most the time. Minimal investment of 16p and some priceless information.
    Posted by Swog

Why fold AK in position

Play some poker, or just 4 bet and get it in

Your telling everyone you only 4 bet AA/KK

• edited January 2012
    Never did i once say 'i only 4bet AA/KK' i said if i had them two hands i would most the time take his stack. Doesn't necessarily mean that i don't 4 bet QQ JJ or ATC...

In this situation i thought he had it, he's been sitting there paitiently with a deep stack since i joined, then when he pops up with a big 3 bet after a UTG bet and a call, my AK is at best flipping imo. In position or Out of position.
  • edited January 2012
    What's the point in calling 46p preflop, to a tight opponent, when i'm only going to hit the flop say 30% of the time, and out of the 30% of the time i do hit, am i really going to be loving it.
    Calling here imo at this level is a losing play.
  • edited January 2012
    Never did i once say 'i only 4bet AA/KK' i said if i had them two hands i would most the time take his stack. Doesn't necessarily mean that i don't 4 bet QQ JJ or ATC... In this situation i thought he had it, he's been sitting there paitiently with a deep stack since i joined, then when he pops up with a big 3 bet after a UTG bet and a call, my AK is at best flipping imo. In position or Out of position.
    Posted by Swog

folding AK imo is bad IP, 4 betting is probably better tbh - by folding your not 4 betting AK are you!
    AK is a big hand, no problem if you 4 bet it or flat ip
    JUST DON'T FOLD IT
    Your folding AK to a 3 bet here so why are you suddenly going to be 4 betting ATC - that makes no sense

By showing this hand where your folding AK, just looks very tight -

you need to have some idea of oppo 3 betting range, the question you have to ask yourself is how do I find out

watch and play - make notes

• edited January 2012
    What's the point in calling 46p preflop, to a tight opponent, when i'm only going to hit the flop say 30% of the time, and out of the 30% of the time i do hit, am i really going to be loving it. Calling here imo at this level is a losing play.
    Posted by Swog
    sorry swog but AK is not a hand to fold to a 3 bet - call or raise
    oop then just 4 bet tbh
    If your folding AK to a 3 bet then your folding 98% of your range, thats just not good

Like what exactly are you playing back with AA/KK only -- get my drift swog ?

• edited January 2012
    rancid is rite u cannot fold AK WTF ! , ur fairly deep jus call and play poker imo..! i got a little moto ' if i fold how can i win..?'  and AK dont come round enough for me 2 jus muck it to 1 3bet..!! jeezzz..!! 

grow sum balls and play sum poker mate..!

• edited January 2012
    Yep it's all about position and here you have that in your favour. 

OOP I would defo think about folding as I'm check-folding so often on flop but here we can see what he does and react.

Also the point about sitting deep, 125bbs deep if you call which is quite a lot. 
  • edited January 2012
    I can't believe i'm getting so much stick here for a play that i believe is correct. A tight player who hasn't played a hand, who obv course knows how to play these micro stakes, suddenly 3 bets an UTG bet from the blinds. I see AA or KK to much to make this play profitable. I respect the opinions given and maybe i'm wrong. If i 4bet and get shoved on then i see JJ QQ KK AA or AK, of which im behind to all of them. I don't see him folding to a 4bet that often.

Thanks for your opinions on this, remember its ace high and its losing to a pair of deuces!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: What should i be doing here? no reads on 3bettor... : folding AK imo is bad IP, 4 betting is probably better tbh - by folding your not 4 betting AK are you! AK is a big hand, no problem if you 4 bet it or flat ip JUST DON'T FOLD IT Your folding AK to a 3 bet here so why are you suddenly going to be 4 betting ATC - that makes no sense By showing this hand where your folding AK, just looks very tight - you need to have some idea of oppo 3 betting range, the question you have to ask yourself is how do I find out watch and play - make notes
    Posted by rancid
    I'd 4 bet ATC if i believed someone was 3betting light which is near enough never at NL4.
  • edited January 2012
    not givin u stick jus constructive criticism  :)
  • edited January 2012
    tbf if villan is super super tight theres not much value in callin and i dont blame u .. there gonna play fit or fold and it may come overs to villans JJ QQ and jus fold to any bet.. or may come K high and he'll pull ur pants down with AA ..!! 

hard to find nits like them nowadays tho lol
  • edited January 2012
    haha, its one of them AK is hard to play. Thanks for the input guys.
  • edited January 2012
    dont really like flatting readless. Im certainly not folding many flops if I do

I prob 4bet and get it in, but if hes really tight folding is nowhere near as bad as some people are making out
  • edited January 2012
    do anything but fold.
  • edited January 2012
    4bet then call off, ainec