You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why don't Sky Poker like admitting they got it wrong?

I entered a £5k Roller Direct tournament tonight and the structure said it started with 300 chips, 5 minute blinds. When it started, everyone had 3000 chips.  Not ideal for me, as I couldn't play for the extra time it would take, but I played as long as I could.

The structure or even a refund is not the real issue for me. What really gets me is that Sky Poker simply will not accept what they did was wrong and have not apologised in the last 2 emails I received despite me expressing my annoyance with not receiving any apology.  There wasn't even a statement to say "sorry for the problems you've experienced."

This has left me with a very bad feeling with the way that Sky Poker are now going with their customer service and I'm sure it can't just be me that has experienced these problems.  It's a simple and courteous thing to apologise, but Sky Poker are simply not willing to do it.

The TV presenters are great, but you need the people behind the scenes to support the users to and the Sky Poker customer services don't do that.

I like Sky Poker, and have used them from about a year after they started, but this simple issue will make me wonder if my time is better spent elsewhere with a company that actually cares about their player's experiences.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    They've alway said 3000 when i've seen them.

• edited January 2012
    Without trying to offend, I think a bit of common sense has to be used here. You've been a member of this forum for 2 years, so presumably been playing poker for at least that long, and in your experience, since when has a Poker Tournament ever started with every player having 300 chips?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Why don't Sky Poker like admitting they got it wrong?:
    Without trying to offend, I think a bit of common sense has to be used here. You've been a member of this forum for 2 years, so presumably been playing poker for at least that long, and in your experience, since when has a Poker Tournament ever started with every player having 300 chips?
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Thanks EvilPingu for your reply.

Although it wouldn't be my structure preference, I don't really see why you can't have 300 chips as there are Sky Poker tourney's around with 1 minute blinds and the Russian roulette sit and go's (I don't like either of these types by the way).  This was a satellite I'd never played before (I don't play many) and I just assumed that it was going to be a quick fire entry into the Sky Roller.

Either way I'm not that bothered about the tourney and had no chance with the eventual structure as I didn't have enough time to play it but I easily had enough time for a quick fire tourney.

The issue I have is that Sky Poker refuse to even apologise for their incorrect information.  It doesn't take much, but they refuse to do it.

It's a very strange situation, but it has put me off Sky Poker (at least for a while) and I'll concentrate on stars and a few others where I have some money built up.  I'll probably come back for some of the SPT stuff though as those tourney's are great and now even more improved.

All it takes is just a little bit of common courtesy to keep users happy and I just don't understand why Sky Poker won't even mention that they slipped up and won't apologise, even if they don't actually mean it, as even my young kids know how to do that...
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Why don't Sky Poker like admitting they got it wrong?:
    They've alway said 3000 when i've seen them.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    It was the description in the lobby that I was reading and if it showed 3000 it would saved me a lot of annoyance. It's not much cash lost though at the end of the day and, if I wasn't going out, it probably wouldn't even have been mentioned but Sky Poker's non-apologetic replies are really getting me going...
  • edited January 2012
    i have noticed some tourns stateing less chips then actually the chips they are meantg to be i find out rebooting my client before the tourny starts it shows the correct amount maybe just a buggy laggy client