You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What is your most embarrising win?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
I was in a £10+£1 BH the other day and I really felt sorry for the player I knocked out. Just before the bubble.

I was dealt KK on the bb. I tried to raise it, but the mouse function on my laptop wouldn't work properly. Consequently it defaulted to check.

There were two other players still in and the flop did not scare me, so I raised double the pot. One player folded and the other player called.

On the turn it was showed 3J8J. I am thinking great two pair KK & JJ, so I raised to leave half my stack. The other player went all in I called. He shows 333JJ. I was sitting there thinking oh well I am out with two heads taken not bad. But if only my mouse had not stuck, I could have got my opponent to fold. Whilst thinking this a K drops on the river and I won.

I never got a chance to apologies to my opponent as it was a bad beat for him, but I was absolutely delighted. 

It was the first time, I got the "bad win" normally, twice in the last week, losing to higher straight or full house, but I did feel bad for the other guy.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    i once beat stevie wonder 10-9 at darts
  • edited November 2009
    lol - best laugh tonight. cheers
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to What is your most embarrising win?:
    I was in a £10+£1 BH the other day and I really felt sorry for the player I knocked out. Just before the bubble. I was dealt KK on the bb. I tried to raise it, but the mouse function on my laptop wouldn't work properly. Consequently it defaulted to check. There were two other players still in and the flop did not scare me, so I raised double the pot. One player folded and the other player called. On the turn it was showed 3J8J. I am thinking great two pair KK & JJ, so I raised to leave half my stack. The other player went all in I called. He shows 333JJ. I was sitting there thinking oh well I am out with two heads taken not bad. But if only my mouse had not stuck, I could have got my opponent to fold. Whilst thinking this a K drops on the river and I won. I never got a chance to apologies to my opponent as it was a bad beat for him, but I was absolutely delighted.  It was the first time, I got the "bad win" normally, twice in the last week, losing to higher straight or full house, but I did feel bad for the other guy.
    Posted by Urdadi
    were did you come in the torny lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What is your most embarrising win?:
    In Response to What is your most embarrising win? : were did you come in the torny lol
    Posted by gazcaz
    Went out in 33rd. Got three heads and made a total of about £17 plus my buy in of £10+£1 back. Not a bad couple of hours. Eased the paid of winning the hand. lol
  • edited November 2009
    i once beat stevie wonder 10-9 at darts
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Got to admit this made me chuckle!
  • edited November 2009
    I just cashed in a double your money tourney, the hand after i had folded pocket aces because i was too distracted laughing at Liverpool conceding a late equaliser... i didnt deserve it, but hey-ho
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What is your most embarrising win? : Got to admit this made me chuckle!
    Posted by CLIOKID
    It was embarrasing...he missed 712 darts at double 16 to beat me...
  • edited November 2009
    stevie wonder gave me a lift once , i have never been the same since .
  • edited November 2009
    Winning a hand with A-8o against Q-J on a Q-Q-4 board when I shoved on the flop and my opponent snapped my hand off. Running Aces on the Turn and River certainly helped!!
  • edited November 2009
    When this kind of thing happens I always try to override my reaction of embarrassment and feeling sorry for the other guy and try to genuinely enjoy having won the hand. This way when it happens the other way round at least there's some kind of balance - no point feeling bad BOTH times
  • edited November 2009
    mine has to be a live game believe it or not. i had T 4 and blinds where still small folded round to me on the button. So i made a standard call, noth blinds called.

flop comes - 8.9.T

SB checks, BB bets twice min bet (75% pot) i call with top pair.

Turn - T

BB bets 2x min raise again i believe to pot build. I raise 4x his bet thinking my trips may be good.

River - T

BB bets half pot. I raise all-in, happy with the pot size. BB calls and he had flopped the straight.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to What is your most embarrising win?:
    I was in a £10+£1 BH the other day and I really felt sorry for the player I knocked out. Just before the bubble. I was dealt KK on the bb. I tried to raise it, but the mouse function on my laptop wouldn't work properly. Consequently it defaulted to check. There were two other players still in and the flop did not scare me, so I raised double the pot. One player folded and the other player called. On the turn it was showed 3J8J. I am thinking great two pair KK & JJ, so I raised to leave half my stack. The other player went all in I called. He shows 333JJ. I was sitting there thinking oh well I am out with two heads taken not bad. But if only my mouse had not stuck, I could have got my opponent to fold. Whilst thinking this a K drops on the river and I won. I never got a chance to apologies to my opponent as it was a bad beat for him, but I was absolutely delighted.  It was the first time, I got the "bad win" normally, twice in the last week, losing to higher straight or full house, but I did feel bad for the other guy.
    Posted by Urdadi
    nice 1  lolo  poor guy . but there again weve  all been that guy its called.. SKYRIVER.COM.....MMED   lolol
  • edited November 2009
    MTT money bubble 31 players left 30 get paid, average stack about 30k

Blinds around 500/1000

Short stack on about 5k

me in cut off on about 40k,

Large stack on button approx 70k

Short goes all in , folded round to me, I see AQ suited, I raise to 20k

Button goes all in, and im sat there saying fold fold fold, and then I go and call.

Cards get turned over Short stack has pocket queens (oh dear)

Button has A K os (hmmm im in big trouble)

Im in trouble, flush or straightening cards please

Flop comes down

J J J

turn  is a rag

river is a jack

So me and the button split the pot, so whilst not a true embarasing win, there was a mighty sigh of relief from me.

ended up finishing 3rd in tourny
  • edited November 2009
    I was lucky enough to satellite into the WSOPE this year, and halfway through the first day, I got pocket 10s in the big blind. A player in mid position was the only other person to enter the pot. He was reasonably short stacked, but far from critical, and went all in.

For some inexplicable reason, I thought for ages. I didn't need to enter the pot, and had no business being in it anymore. I knew that so many hands were already beating me... In fact, I just knew that he either had pocket aces or kings. There was no other hand to put him on. Despite this certainty, there was a really irritating little Devil on my shoulder that kept whispering “Call him, you will win... Call him...”

It didn't make any sense, but I followed my gut. I addressed the table and told them in advance how embarrassed I was about my call (omitting the information about the Devil, obviously). I told them that my call was ludicrous... and then I called. 

My opponent licked his lips and flipped over the pocket aces; the Devil whispered “no problem”; the Full Tilt sponsored player to my left handed me my coat; and the dealer very kindly included a 10 on the flop. My hand held.

The other guy was understandably enraged and left before I had a chance to articulate an apology. To this day, I get an odd twinge of stomach cramps, which I suspect are the direct result of this opponent sticking pins in a voodoo doll of me, which he has fashioned from nasal hair and belly button fluff. 
  • edited November 2009
    similar to above was in cash game was well on tilt my big hands kept running into bigger hands, had about 40 BB left, raised with AQ, got re-raised, thought **** it went all in, (donk move i know) villain shows KK, im like sh*t!

flop 3 2 2   (oh dear)

turn 2        (sh*t im done, only an A can save me)

River 2

i win quad 2's with A kicker

Booooo!
  • edited November 2009
    i win quad 2's with A kicker Booooo!
    Posted by sikas
    Nice! Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnzMZ7Rm00

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What is your most embarrising win? : Nice! Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnzMZ7Rm00
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunAlp2azhA theres one that will stirr it up for you.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What is your most embarrising win? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunAlp2azhA  theres one that will stirr it up for you.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I understand the loser in that hand was last seen in Area 51 complaining about how fixed that game was
  • edited November 2009
    sickest thing i ever seen!

this ones quite pretty bad aswell 'Doomswitch' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crn09kUcZiw
  • edited November 2009
    it seems to be on the other end of the "bad wins" nall the time, cant remember the last time i got 1.