You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

noob, with so much to learn

2»

Comments

• edited January 2012
    cheers nug.
    think i came 89th, of the 268 starters, which if i'm honest i was quite chuffed with.
    i played a decent game, and think i bet my hands much better this time.
    when i went out, i was getting lowish on blinds, and my hole cards were A,Q, clubs suited. decided this was my all in, flop dropped, think it was a spade, and 2 more clubs, the turn and river cards came, no clubs, other guy had a straight. still had fun, and was chuffed, think i was in about 1 and 3/4 hours in total :)
    took 1 bounty aswell, woo, hoo!
  • edited January 2012
    play 4p 2p

mixed in with the lowest dyms

record ur procress in excell never move up until u feel ready.  

but for information on poker google a site called 2+2 it a poker foroom go the beginer sections and read the millions of post.

books are ok but most are out of date to the modern times but are wroth flicking throught.
  • edited January 2012
    thanks legend, i'm sticking with 2p/4p at mo.
    tried 5p/10p a couple of times, but bit out of my league for now.
    i have done a few low stake dym's, quite like the format and do relatively well.
    last night was my best result yet. entered a bounty hunter tournament, think it was a £5 event.
    out of 68 players, (i think) that entered, i came in 4th, i was chuffed to bits and won approx £27    :)