You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Always going to be a cooler, question is can I (should I?) just flat river?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Again sorry for putting up a hand not from here.  This is just stuck in my head and would appreciate some feedback.

10kguarentee, satd in.  After the bubble has burst.  My image is pretty aggro, attacking all unraised pots in LP.

Blinds 8oo/1600 with 160 ante.  I have 107k, 8 handed  I'm dealt pocket 5's on the button.  SB + BB r pretty tight.  I min the button in unentered pot.  SB calls, BB folds.

9k ish in there:  Kd3cQh

SB is c/fing alot.  He has similar stack to me.  he checks, I bet half pot.  He calls.

About 20k in there:  Kd3cQhQS.  He checks, I check behind, looking to bluff catch smaller on river or cheap showdon.

20k in there Kd3cQhQs   5d.

I make 5's full on river.  Opponent now leads out for 40k.  Kinda felt like he felt he'd missed value at turn when I checked behind.  He has been really passive, dont think hed do as a bluff. 

So I ship my 100ishk and he calls with KQ, top two improved to better FH at turn.

Should I have flatted river do you think, or squeeze every drop of value from trip q's approaching FT?  Would have had a 220ish BB stack when he holds a lone Q

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Hand looks fine, Im shoving river all day

I'm not sure I like minraising the btn with antes in play. Also when you say you check turn intending to maybe bluffcatch river, from your description I doubt you beat him enough if he bets river
  • edited January 2012
    Raise more pre prob still getting called though!! He bet 40k into 18k???? Its hard to fold a full house but KQ must of come to mind here? If your happy you can rebuild from 60k then call if you dont fell thats enough jam it in but your not getting called by a rag queen alot of the time
  • edited January 2012

Min raise is fine, obviously, particularly if you are raising frequently.

Shipping the river seems ok.... you are pretty sure they have a queen, or a boat, and they call off all of those to a shove.
    If their range is AQ, KQ, QJ, QT, 33, then shove shows a good profit.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Always going to be a cooler, question is can I (should I?) just flat river?:
    Min raise is fine, obviously, particularly if you are raising frequently. Shipping the river seems ok.... you are pretty sure they have a queen, or a boat, and they call off all of those to a shove. If their range is AQ, KQ, QJ, QT, 33, then shove shows a good profit.
    Posted by jakally
    TY,   The min felt right.  was pretty much accepted table bet and what I would have opened my whole range with in any case from an unopened button.  Raising more kinda feels bad, am not exactly looking for folds when sat with 100b's when SB + BB have 100b's.  My image was pretty aggro so I'm confident I'd of been called by a lone Q, mayb even a good K.  PPL lose it when the bubble bursts :p

Didnt really feel like I did much wrong, thankyou for the feedback :)