You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this too aggro?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Been HU for 6-7 hands with Villain raising most of those pots pre. I love the flop but can only see getting max value for my big draw with an all-in. Bad result but wrong play??

SJspanky1 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £36.03
xscool29 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £38.80
  Your hole cards

SJspanky1 Call   £0.15 £0.60 £35.88
xscool29 Raise   £0.90 £1.50 £37.90
SJspanky1 Call   £0.90 £2.40 £34.98
Flop

xscool29 Bet   £2.10 £4.50 £35.80
SJspanky1 All-in   £34.98 £39.48 £0.00
xscool29 Call   £32.88 £72.36 £2.92
SJspanky1 Show

xscool29 Show
  • J
  • J

Turn

• A

River

xscool29 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £71.36   £74.28

Comments

• edited January 2012
    no, standard but unlucky ( but i think you kew that )

great spot , money in as fave what cash is all about
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    id prob raise the flop to 8/9 quid

ob. snap call if he ships
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Is this too aggro?:
    no, standard but unlucky ( but i think you kew that ) great spot , money in as fave what cash is all about
    Posted by simonnatur

Just not sure if I am a favourite or not there. I have clubs,7's and 10's. 14 outs.....is that more or less evens with 2 cards to come? I'm never sure of the odds in spots like that. I just figured if I turned a club he wasn't gonna donate too many more pennies to my bankroll.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Is this too aggro? : Just not sure if I am a favourite or not there. I have clubs,7's and 10's. 14 outs.....is that more or less evens with 2 cards to come? I'm never sure of the odds in spots like that. I just figured if I turned a club he wasn't gonna donate too many more pennies to my bankroll.
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Your at best flipping versus calling range if oppo calls the shove, if your happy with that then no problem here
  • edited January 2012
    I`m defo raisin flop but maybe not allin str8 away after his bet maybe raise to £6 to £7 but if he ships it in i`m calling so is it really different the way i would play the hand to you because we have same plan to get it all in on the flop? as simon said your gettin it in a slight fav so i think its fine overall.
  • edited January 2012

Cheers for the feedback guys, I didn't want to be results orientated and feel I'd aggro donked off a buy-in but you have reassured me otherwise.
  • edited January 2012
    yeah i don't see the value in shipping the flop

surely it's better to flat to keep in hands we beat / let him bluff?
  • edited January 2012
    much prefer raising pre to limpcalling

Flat flop, keep worsehands and bluffs in. If you raise make it smaller, it makes it possible to shove or call with some hands that cant call a massive overbet . If you shove its prob a +EV play, but you will be a slight dog against his calling range
  • edited January 2012

slight fav v this calling range TT+,55-44
  • edited January 2012
    slight fav v this calling range TT+,55-44
    Posted by rancid
    According to pokerstove we have 45% v that range. He prob calls with some better Tx hands which wont change our equity much. He may sometimes call some Acxc also though. Flat />>>raise>>>>>>>>shove imo
  • edited January 2012
    i dont think you should ship £39 into a £4 pot on flop, even tho you are huge and have many outs your only getting called by better hands doing this, the villain is a decent player and wont get hes money in with anything worse then your hand, even if you flat called the flop bet theres a chance you could have repped the ace on turn and took the pot down if you got very aggro, or at least got a cheap showdown as i dont think he would go crazy with the ace appearing, id personally do what greghogg said and raise to around 8-9 and then call if he shoves
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Is this too aggro? : According to pokerstove we have 45% v that range. He prob calls with some better Tx hands which wont change our equity much. He may sometimes call some Acxc also though. Flat /> /> />raise>>>>>>>>shove imo
    Posted by grantorino
    yeah true, thats what I meant - :S
    For once we agree on the flat - must be getting somewhere
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah i dont see why you would ship the lot in your only getting called by what your currently behind to
  • edited January 2012
    why are u all in on the flop u hit the flop so big with an all in your scaring your customer away y not raise to about £8 u are only getting called by hands that have a high pp which yes u dnt mind because u are still marginal favourite but id still like the lil raise on flop 
  • edited January 2012
    against aa or any high pair your favourite here so u got it in good but dnt like the all in 
  • edited January 2012

I like the shove since there are so many cards that will kill the action if we just call or reraise smaller. (overcards to the JJ and clubs ) plus our shove folds out oppo's holding that we are currently beating but that have significant equity in the hand ( AK,AQ )

If villain calls our reraise and plans to shove a safe turn card, we have got ourselves in a real mess.

I wouldn't even necessarily completely discount the possibility of getting called by worse pocket pairs as most players will instantly put us on a flush draw when we make this play. (which is why i'ld also make it with a flopped set btw )