You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am i just a station?

I don't think there is anything wrong with this. You have a poor hand that will only play well on certain flops but you are facing a min-raise from late possition and a call from the small blind, you have 5:1 pot odds at this point to make it up and your possition is not terrible (small blind will be first to act, not you)

Not sure about the donk lead on the flop. I'm guessing you are hoping to take the pot down if nobody has a pair. Not sure if this works often enough at NL8 to be +ev.

Turn is good though I might raise more since you have the idiot end of a 4 cards straight. If you make it £2 he probably still calls with top pair hands as well as draws.

When the Q comes on the end completing the flush I don't think you have to be too scared of the flush. If he had a flush draw on the flop why didn't he raise? If he had a flush draw on the turn why did he bet? Doesn't make sense. The king high straight is a real possibility though. KT and KJ are in his range and would make sense so far.

However I don't think you should fold and raising is obviously bad so check call is fine.

Problems all stem from his pants min raise pre-flop. If he made a proper bet of /> 24p then you insta-muck. I really hate these pre-flop min-raises at micro stakes cash.

Nice hand

Comments

• edited January 2012
    I was slightly peeved at this point as i just was'nt getting the cards, probably starting to tilt if i am perfectly honest.

Just a quick line check on this. I always seem to get the worst possible card! I am unhappy with the call pre. Should i bet flop? Should raise be bigger on turn? After he calls and that nasty river arrives, am i right to check call or should i just check fold?

Thanks.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ZippySmall blind  £0.04 £0.04 £2.08
    DrSharp Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.92
      Your hole cards

ginjagaide Fold     
    BungleRaise  £0.16 £0.28 £8.46
    shire40 Fold     
    ZippyCall  £0.12 £0.40 £1.96
    DrSharp Call  £0.08 £0.48 £7.84
    Flop

• J

ZippyCheck     
    DrSharp Bet  £0.24 £0.72 £7.60
    BungleCall  £0.24 £0.96 £8.22
    ZippyFold     
    Turn

DrSharp Check     
    BungleBet  £0.48 £1.44 £7.74
    DrSharp Raise  £1.20 £2.64 £6.40
    BungleCall  £0.72 £3.36 £7.02
    River

• Q

DrSharp Check     
    BungleBet  £1.68 £5.04 £5.34
    DrSharp Call  £1.68 £6.72 £4.72
    BungleShow
    • Q

DrSharp Show

DrSharp Win Straight to the Queen £6.21
  • edited January 2012
    Fold pre. 

C/C flop, not sure why you donk into raiser, looks weak and is weak, C/C better imo. 

Turn you get super lucky and play it well with C/R.

River brings flush and possible K high str8 so don't mind C/C, might even be fold by here.
  • edited January 2012
    You always seem to get the worst possible card? You hit your straight draw when he hit 2nd pair, then to make it even better for you, he improves to 2pr. But that aside...

I probably wouldn't have called pre but I'm pretty tight.

Then I probably check/call if you're gonna flat pre but some people might disagree.

A decent very decent sized bet on the turn but it got called so hey.

Depends what you know about the player but I'd suspect it's very unlikely he has Kx here so you're only really beat by the flush, and that's a pretty decent sized turn bet to call with just a flushdraw. I think at this level, you can probably raise the river and get called by tons worse, like his 2pr.
  • edited January 2012
    fold pre closing the action for 1bb, with 1bb invested (getting 5/1) with 100bb's...?
  • edited January 2012
    pre is ok, don't let it become a habit

flop is fine

c/r more on turn if your taking that option, probably lead turn as oppo checks behind more often than not

river is fine
    to be raising river you gotta know oppo bets worse there
  • edited January 2012
    Just some feedback from me guys.

The call pre was due to pot odds basically but obviously i would prefer not to be sandwiched going 3 ways. This was a real 50/50 but due to the fact i was slightly tilting i found pot odds was a good excuse for playing a marginal hand, as you do!

I was caught between two minds when leading out on the flop. The half pot bet was for two reasons (prob half asssed reasons), i) i would be quite happy to take this down now, and first in to the pot seemed to be the general way it was going on this particular table and ii) it was a kind of blocker bet as i did'nt want to be calling a 3/4 pot or bigger bet with what i had. In the end it achieved neither! lol

I feel the turn was ok but i would have liked it to be bigger in hindsight but i wanted him to come along for another street. The check on the turn was meant to look weak so he could float me, this had happened a few times already. grr.

Lambert, i hear you, but the Qs is the worst card for me. I know the 10 was a good card for me but the river was typical of how the last couple of days have gone and i fully expected to be outdrawn by villain.

Not meant as excuses, just some added info.

Thanks for the replies so far.
  • edited January 2012
    Pre is defo spew, leak, whatever word you want to call it, overtime you'll lose money doing it, if you're tilting stand up have a break.

Why are you betting flop, for value or bluff, to me it looks like information and that is pretty bad, also you can't bet a blocker bet on the flop with two streets to come lol, overall blocker isn't a good thing, either check and let him bluff or value bet yourself.
  • edited January 2012
    prob fold pre, depends how they play though

check flop, prob call a bet. It lets you see what both villains do and I dont really like either valuebetting or bluffing that board

bet turn, as played raise bigger

I would bet river, if you are not betting I think you should be c/f