You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can you ever fold 3 of a kind even on a super dry board?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic

alarm bells was ringing on river as villain is tight and ive only ever seen him bet out on 3 streets with super strong holdings, do we have to call here no matter what? or can we lay this down with strong enough reads

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancejohno32Small blind £0.10£0.10£5.35robyoungBig blind £0.20£0.30£25.15xBig blind £0.20£0.50£35.88 Your hole cards27   stanley644Fold    xCheck    BezzyBhoyCall £0.20£0.70£6.26terrier922Fold    johno32Fold    robyoungCheck    Flop  322   robyoungCheck    xBet £0.60£1.30£35.28BezzyBhoyFold    robyoungCall £0.60£1.90£24.55Turn  10   robyoungCheck    xBet £1.00£2.90£34.28robyoungCall £1.00£3.90£23.55River  K   robyoungCheck    xBet £4.00£7.90£30.28robyoungCall £4.00£11.90£19.55xShow23   robyoungMuck27   xWinFull House, 2s and 3s£11.40 £41.68

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Don't check the flop, if you do check, then raise his bet.

I also either bet turn myself or raise his bet.

I imagine he's gonna play virtually every single pocket pair like this so you're just missing out on value. Ok you lost this time, but that doesn't really matter. This time you lost the minimum, next time you may very well win the minimum
  • edited January 2012
    You call me tight then post this.....
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold 3 of a kind even on a super dry board?:
    Don't check the flop, if you do check, then raise his bet. I also either bet turn myself or raise his bet. I imagine he's gonna play virtually every single pocket pair like this so you're just missing out on value. Ok you lost this time, but that doesn't really matter. This time you lost the minimum, next time you may very well win the minimum
    Posted by Lambert180
    Check raising here is losing value as you will be losing your customer majority of the time, betting out is better
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold 3 of a kind even on a super dry board?:
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold 3 of a kind even on a super dry board? : Check raising here is losing value as you will be losing your customer majority of the time, betting out is better
    Posted by Batkin88
    Well yeah I'd defintely be leading out, was just saying that as he's played it by checking, I definitely prefer a checkraise to a checkcall
  • edited January 2012
    You can't fold in this spot the way you played the hand as:
    A. You only lose to 33, 32, TT, KK, A2,K2,Q2,J2,T2....seems like a lot of hands but it's unlikely he played K2-T2 and KK/TT would prob raise preflop
    B. It doesn't look like you have anything strong at all as you have check/called so he could be trying to bluff you off a weak hand or be trying to ''value bet'' with a hand worse than yours thinking you have a 3