You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lack of discipline?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Playing live MTT last night. Blinds 400/800 100ant. 8 handed UTG raise to 3K I call on button with AsQs (stack 25K) everyone else folds pot is 8K flop AdJc3s UTG bets 3.5K I figure I'm behind to AK, jacks and aces but he could also have kings or queens and I'm winning here. I figure no point to raise because he either shoves with hands that beat me or folds KK/QQ because of the ace. Is this correct thinking. I call to make the pot 15K with the intention of shoving the turn when he bets again. Turn Ks

At this point I notice my opponent looking far more relaxed and he bets 8K. I can't flat call because he has set up a river shove that I will certainly have to call and I need a ten otherwise he almost certainly has me beat. He could be on a bluff though or have QQ and be turning his hand into a bluff. So I jam and he shows a set of kings and I go home early.

Why did I find it so hard to fold here? Earlier on the same table I check called a bluff down with an ace and a weak kicker so I have a slightly stationy image anyway. There's no way I'm being bluffed and no way that he isn't beating top pair so why can't I find the fold. I've been doing this loads recently. Is there any way to improve in this area of the game. Last week I went out with the idiot end of a straight, shoving my remaining chips into a player that I knew had made the bigger straight.