You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Shorties

Not sure if this is the right section, but has anyone else noticed how many times an ultra-short stack in DYM's manage to stay alive!!

I'm talking about that they could be reduced to about 20 chips, suddenly 3 or 4 treble ups later, they're back in the game!!

I'm not really complaining, as its also happened to me on a few occasions too, but just an observation, just wondering if anyone else notices this??!!

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to DYM Shorties:
    Not sure if this is the right section, but has anyone else noticed how many times an ultra-short stack in DYM's manage to stay alive!! I'm talking about that they could be reduced to about 20 chips, suddenly 3 or 4 treble ups later, they're back in the game!! I'm not really complaining, as its also happened to me on a few occasions too, but just an observation, just wondering if anyone else notices this??!!
    Posted by ricky1984

They must be running really good to come back from 1 BB in level 1!

If thats not the case, then they are at a higher level and surely should be blinded out,

I suppose it could happen m8 but luck has to run out at some point!!
  • edited February 2012
    Could be there are a few factors at work here:

1. You think this happens more than it really does as you are focused on it. If a shorty shoves and disappears you think no more of it, they've gone. The odd time they double and double again you're more likely to notice that, particulatry in a DYM where you really wanted them gone.

2. Short stacks become empowered as they have less/nothing to lose and shove with abandon! This allows them to get in the position where they can double.

3. Shoving shorties get to see all the streets and get the full potentail of their hand including all those odd trips and two pairs with J5!