You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I shouldn't be calling....right??

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic

How many of you make this call? Was running well so think I got uber optimistic here. He's only ever shoving this many BB with the nut flush draw right? Or is the fold total nitsville? Opinions please...

Note to self.....use a little more of that timer and actually think before you click!!
hurst05 Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £43.55
ACEGOONER Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £45.62
  Your hole cards
  • K

tatohead Call   £0.40 £1.00 £42.20
SJspanky1 Raise   £1.60 £2.60 £61.41
TurboSmurf Fold        
nicol1 Call   £1.60 £4.20 £24.00
hurst05 Fold        
ACEGOONER Fold        
tatohead Call   £1.20 £5.40 £41.00
Flop

• J
  • A

tatohead Check        
SJspanky1 Bet   £4.05 £9.45 £57.36
nicol1 Call   £4.05 £13.50 £19.95
tatohead All-in   £41.00 £54.50 £0.00
SJspanky1 Call   £36.95 £91.45 £20.41
nicol1 All-in   £19.95 £111.40 £0.00
tatohead Show
  • A

SJspanky1 Show
  • K

nicol1 Show
  • A

Turn

River

tatohead Win Flush to the Ace £109.60   £109.60

Comments

• edited January 2012
    fold

check flop
  • edited January 2012
    defo shouldn't be calling!
    great spot to fold and get some notes on the oppo's shove as it's likely that nicol1 is gonna make the call anyway.
    looks like a case of positive tilt!
  • edited January 2012
    Positive tilt!! A generous and kind way to put it. The third guy was a station so I guessed I was gonna be getting 2/1 on the call. That said I'm still not quite priced in. Was a rash play. Thanks for feedback.
  • edited January 2012
    If I ran like you I'd snap this off within 0.1456 seconds ;)

Nah this is prob the worst hand mr.potato head shows up with, he has pocket 4's & A4s (black green & red) loads too, he never has stuff like worse draws where you could be ahead or have pair outs.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm probably not good enough to fold here in this spot, but I think it is a fold. Why is your opponent shoving?

1) Because he's got a big draw and wants to see all 5 cards (Likely nut flush draw + Top pair in this case, he wouldn't do that with just the queen high flush draw)
    2) Because he's got a made hand and wants to protect his hand by giving anyone with a draw the wrong price to call

If you're against a nut flush draw, your pair outs are gone, you're basically drawing to the gutshot, but not the queen of diamonds, and the other card can't be a diamond either. Either that, or running two pair. If my maths is correct you've got about 6-7% chance of winning the hand if you're against Ad xd here, so 2/1 is definitely not the right price to call.

If he's got a made hand, you have 11 outs, although once you take into account any redraws if he's got a set or two pair here (especially if he holds the ace of diamonds), then 2/1 is marginal. When there's 2 opponents, I think you have to assume one of them has the nut flush draw most of the time here, so you will lose a lot of money over time with that call.