You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tried a new line with KK but think I got caught... Thoughts..

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Well clearly this didn't go to plan. My view on this, obviously the open raise is standard, I then get flat called by a reg. 3bet comes from a reg who likes to play more pots than normal IMO. A standard 3bet at this level would be £3.60, so when he makes it £4.40 I decide to try and trap him (providing he doesn't have AA of course). If the 3bet was less I would of 4bet to avoid a 3way pot, but then TTayseer flat calls which I didn't want. I still think I'm trapping on the flop with the view of shoving the turn. Weh nTT who has showed no strength shoves I think I have to fold.

Looking back it would of been better to just 4bet with the view of getting it in and I should stop trying to get sneeky.... Opinions please
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bet3pm_co Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £38.80
AceWise Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £80.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

FlashFlush Raise  £1.20 £1.80 £65.74
gerrard9 Fold     
TTayseer Call  £1.20 £3.00 £45.43
VINEY73 Fold     
bet3pm_co Raise  £4.20 £7.20 £34.60
AceWise Fold     
FlashFlush Call  £3.20 £10.40 £62.54
TTayseer Call  £3.20 £13.60 £42.23
Flop

• J

bet3pm_co Bet  £10.20 £23.80 £24.40
FlashFlush Call  £10.20 £34.00 £52.34
TTayseer All-in  £42.23 £76.23 £0.00
bet3pm_co Fold     
FlashFlush Fold     
TTayseer Muck     
TTayseer Win  £42.40  £42.40
TTayseer Return  £32.03 £1.80 £74.43

Comments

• edited January 2012
    every time in my living memory that i have 4 bet against bet3pm he has then 5 bet with his aces and i have gone broke lol

ttayseer isnt shoving anything here that you are beating in my opinion - with the way he plays the worse he has here is a big combo draw but mostly i would put him on sets.  he is good enough to know that both you and bet3pm are holding big hands and is still choosing to put his whole stack in.

i 4bet get it in pre here but its one of those gross spots where bet2pm's 3 bet range oop is so small that AA makes up the main part of it

bet3pm starts the hand with £38 so i dont like 4bet/folding either.

horrible spot and looks likes you lost the minimum on this occasion
  • edited January 2012

also, the key thing is its bet3pm and you can 100% guarantee his hand wasnt anything other than an overpair because he will never c bet that flop if he misses it. 

• edited January 2012
    prefer the tarp in non multiway pots.

I would just 4bet vs a squeeze and be all like IM ALL IN, IF YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES YOU CAN PLAY HIGH STAKES.....

Flop is just a whole world of meh relative to our hand. sadface :(
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Tried a new line with KK but think I got caught... Thoughts..:
    prefer the tarp in non multiway pots. I would just 4bet vs a squeeze and be all like IM ALL IN, IF YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES YOU CAN PLAY HIGH STAKES..... Flop is just a whole world of meh relative to our hand. sadface :(
    Posted by beaneh
    You spelt sadfase wrong
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah bet3pm has Aces, who knows what TT had. In fact he probably doesn't know himself. The definition of button clicking monkey.

I think you've got a decent chance of being ahead but I don't mind folding either. Got yourself in a mess - best just to move on!
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    yeah once bet 3bets hes prob never folding

once TTaysser has called hes never folding to a 3bet

4bet and get in all the monies

fwiw TTayser has IMO 88/99/TT/JJ/QT/AThh and thats it