You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Come back kid

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
vwp Dave excellent comeback

Comments

• edited November 2009

ActionCardsAmountPotBalanceepwbSmall blind 200.00200.003330.00CormachBig blind 400.00600.0023095.00 Your hole cardsKK   MrMagoooFold    Grimstar30Raise 800.001400.004005.00Gorgieboy1Fold    tikay1All-in 4347.505747.500.00SHY-BOYFold    Uzi_loverFold    LEON1Fold    epwbFold    CormachFold    Grimstar30Call 3547.509295.00457.50Grimstar30ShowKK   tikay1Show10A   Flop  J410   Turn  A   River  10   tikay1WinFull House, 10s and Aces9295.00 9295.00
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMrMagoooSmall blind 200.00200.0032812.50Grimstar30Big blind 400.00600.0057.50 Your hole cardsA6   Gorgieboy1Fold    tikay1Fold    SHY-BOYFold    Uzi_loverRaise 1200.001800.0010725.00LEON1Fold    epwbFold    CormachFold<td style="padding-top:7px;padding-right:5px;padding-bottom:7px;padding-left:5px;vertical-align:middle;font-family:verdana;font-weight:norm
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Come back kid:
    vwp Dave excellent comeback
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    Thanks mate, made up for my bad luck at the beginning :)
  • edited November 2009

Wow, well done you!

Who was the oaf who got lucky with A-Ten against your Kings?
  • edited November 2009
    Wow, well done you! Who was the oaf who got lucky with A-Ten against your Kings?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not sure, but thanks to his sage like advice, I waited for my spots and fought back into it. ;)

Now I need to learn how to play with a large chip stack!
  • edited November 2009
    very well done dave, the only thing i thought you did wrong with kk was min raise, i hate the play min raise with any hand, if you played it stronger i'm not sure tikay would have moved all in? but congrats on your comeback
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Dave

Very well done m8
  • edited November 2009
    Well done mate - bet that's helped the bankroll a bit
  • edited November 2009
    Well done.
    You played a great game all round.
  • edited November 2009
    very well done dave, the only thing i thought you did wrong with kk was min raise, i hate the play min raise with any hand, if you played it stronger i'm not sure tikay would have moved all in? but congrats on your comeback
    Posted by webby234
    Hi Web' it was an intentional min raise as I knew TK may push as he just lost half his stack with AK v. AA. So it was a move deliberately with the intention of wanting the shove over the top, did everything right for that scenario, just the cards that then hit were hellish lol
  • edited November 2009
    Well done mate - bet that's helped the bankroll a bit
    Posted by phil12uk
    Basically doubled it, very happy about that, as now can play (safely) the £2.25 dyms.

Onwards and upwards! See you tonight mate
  • edited November 2009

I think GlumBra played the KK very nicely. He'd limped or Min-Raised twice before, & been bullied off, so when he did so here, I was sure I could make him let go if I shoved.

My hand was irrevelant - I never want to see a flop with junk like A-Ten - & I would have probably jammed with any two there, to scoop the dead money. But he had trapped me all ends up, nice one.

So, I went for Plan B, & hit 3 times to House up.

A game of skill, this poker.

Delighted to see Glum Cash, his Stack was in real Yoyo Mode last night.

And I frittered away my ill-gotten gains with A-K which got called, & missed, against the Bobbies.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Come back kid : Hi Web' it was an intentional min raise as I knew TK may push as he just lost half his stack with AK v. AA. So it was a move deliberately with the intention of wanting the shove over the top, did everything right for that scenario, just the cards that then hit were hellish lol
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Lol, I forgot that. What a bizarre 2 minutes that was, evidence of the luck quotient in poker.

I was in great shape, but ran AK into Uzi's A-A, which he stubbornly refused to Pass. 2xDown.

Next hand, A-Ten into K-K. 2xUp.

And still failed to Cash!
  • edited November 2009
    I think GlumBra played the KK very nicely. He'd limped or Min-Raised twice before, & been bullied off, so when he did so here, I was sure I could make him let go if I shoved. My hand was irrevelant - I never want to see a flop with junk like A-Ten - & I would have probably jammed with any two there, to scoop the dead money. But he had trapped me all ends up, nice one. So, I went for Plan B, & hit 3 times to House up. A game of skill, this poker. Delighted to see Glum Cash, his Stack was in real Yoyo Mode last night. And I frittered away my ill-gotten gains with A-K which got called, & missed, against the Bobbies.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes I remember that happening and was hoping it would happen again so I could shove. 

You and your Plan Bs! that was the perfect case of taking the bad beats well (you picking up AK v. AA and this for me), I felt I played it to the best of my abilities and that's all you can ask in Poker :)

This cash can be the start (I hope) of pushing my little roll up to the £100 point. Shows sticking to bank roll management does pay off in the end. I am now safely at the £2.25 dym level, from a starting point of the 60p ones.
  • edited November 2009
    Nice comeback grimstar, gotta say im a little dissapointed tho, im sure i read yesterday that you said you was going to win this thing so 4th dissapoints me :)

Nah nicely played, and good luck with your goal of reaching £100
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Come back kid : Yes I remember that happening and was hoping it would happen again so I could shove.  You and your Plan Bs! that was the perfect case of taking the bad beats well (you picking up AK v. AA and this for me), I felt I played it to the best of my abilities and that's all you can ask in Poker :) This cash can be the start (I hope) of pushing my little roll up to the £100 point. Shows sticking to bank roll management does pay off in the end. I am now safely at the £2.25 dym level, from a starting point of the 60p ones.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Nice going, Dave. Well done!

• edited November 2009

WELL DONE GRIMSTAR , PARTICULARLY WITH STICKING TO YOUR BANKROLL .

• edited November 2009
    well played mate wd
  • edited November 2009
    wd, ive never come 4th in a tourney.
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by nirvana29
    Just 1st 2nd and 3rd hey ;) lol
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by nirvana29
    is this gazcaz?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Come back kid : is this gazcaz?
    Posted by webby234
    GMTA
  • edited November 2009
    Well done Grimstar, great comeback!
  • edited November 2009
    WP Dave a nice little earner.....use it wisely. Onward and upward
  • edited November 2009
    WP Dave a nice little earner.....use it wisely. Onward and upward
    Posted by elsadog
    Yes I sure will, sticking to 5% rule and hope to get the odd freeroll cash still lol 
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Come back kid : GMTA
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    i'm lost lol

GMTA?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Come back kid : i'm lost lol GMTA?
    Posted by webby234
    Great Minds Think Alike
  • edited November 2009
    Well deserved Grimstar especially after that villan Tikay hit a full house when you had the cowboys - lol.  Keep it going.

Cheers

Ross