You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NOT THIS WAY

edited November 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour

My quest to win a seat has been well documented on the forum and i've tried my heart out to win a seat and come and play live with the big boys (and girls).
In one of the seminal hands last night  a player folded when i committed my last 420 chips to a 3k pot, it turns out, with a hand he should not have folded, i do not condone him typing in the chat box that he would fold nor would i want him to.
I had no part in this, there wasn't any collusion on my part and i don't even think i have ever played with this player before. All i can do is play my cards.
On a day when i should have been celebrating finally getting there, i am deeply saddened, NO WAY DID I WANT TO WIN A SEAT LIKE THIS.
I am a fair and honest player and if i'd rather have bubbled again than have to defend myself and my reputation against accusations of collusion. People who know me and play with me will know that i'm a good guy the rest of sky poker will only remember that one hand from last night. I wanted to win a seat not have someone treat me as a charity case.
I'd like to thank everyone for their support along the way, this isn't even a hollow victory, it's no victory at all.

Good News. Having spoken to Sky Poker today, the young lady that went out on the bubble has been allocated a seat as well, so she has not been disadvantaged by the player folding when he should have called.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    All the regulars know you didn't collude and that it was out of your hands. Well done in getting through mate :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: NOT THIS WAY:
    All the regulars know you didn't collude and that it was out of your hands. Well done in getting through mate :)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    +1 well done!
  • SPTSPT
    edited November 2009
    Well done, and well done for the bubble-player decision to Sky.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to NOT THIS WAY:
    My quest to win a seat has been well documented on the forum and i've tried my heart out to win a seat and come and play live with the big boys (and girls). In one of the seminal hands last night  a player folded when i committed my last 420 chips to a 3k pot, it turns out, with a hand he should not have folded, i do not condone him typing in the chat box that he would fold nor would i want him to. I had no part in this, there wasn't any collusion on my part and i don't even think i have ever played with this player before. All i can do is play my cards. On a day when i should have been celebrating finally getting there, i am deeply saddened, NO WAY DID I WANT TO WIN A SEAT LIKE THIS. I am a fair and honest player and if i'd rather have bubbled again than have to defend myself and my reputation against accusations of collusion. People who know me and play with me will know that i'm a good guy the rest of sky poker will only remember that one hand from last night. I wanted to win a seat not have someone treat me as a charity case. I'd like to thank everyone for their support along the way, this isn't even a hollow victory, it's no victory at all. Good News . Having spoken to Sky Poker today, the young lady that went out on the bubble has been allocated a seat as well, so she has not been disadvantaged by the player folding when he should have called.
    Posted by skicowboys
    I've read a lot about this on the forum today and can say from the posts i've read that no one seemed to think there was any fault on your part. Obviously the same can not be said for the player that folded but i think you can carry on with head high and reputation in tact as the forum seems to be unanimous in it's opinion that you said nothing and would be no part of a collusion

Congrats and Gl
  • edited November 2009
    Well done to SKY to offer the bubble a seat
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Ski

Firstly, congratulations on your seat, I,m thrilled beleive me well done m8, you deserve it, it was just a matter of time.

I think if I remember, the player said on that particular thread, you did nothing wrong, so should not need to defend yourself, and fair play to Sky for what they have done to the bubble, as you know, we have played together before and have had to honour of railing you and other players, you have never ever tried to collude with anyone to alter the outcome, from what has been said Sky are happy with you, and you should defo not feel this a hollow victory, defo a deserved 1, gl in Manchester, u better win it now :)
  • edited November 2009
    I have played you many times and you have always come across as a true gent. Well done in getting the seat and gl. Lisa
  • edited November 2009

Hi ski,  i have been quietly following this and i definately know that you are a true gent at the table, having had our battles many times in the past, i think uve handled this admirably and i wish u all the best at the spt... good luck mate and take it down!;-)

• edited November 2009
    Hi A drian m8 well done at last we all know there was no colusion just take the seat mate and come and join the rest of us in Manchester like you deserve too well done see you Saturday
  • edited November 2009
    Gl in manc on Saturday SKI,hope last nites shenannigans dont affect your play at weekend,as everybody knows you were not in the wrong..just a unfortunate situation.Well done SKY for issuing some justice to the bubble.Away from that hope everybody has a great weekend and plays some top poker.Gl to each and every one of you...enjoy.

The Fitz.
  • edited November 2009
    Ski, we all know you, and no collusion wasn't anywhere near your thoughts. I hope you come 2nd in Manchester :-)
  • edited November 2009
    My quest to win a seat has been well documented on the forum and i've tried my heart out to win a seat and come and play live with the big boys (and girls). In one of the seminal hands last night  a player folded when i committed my last 420 chips to a 3k pot, it turns out, with a hand he should not have folded, i do not condone him typing in the chat box that he would fold nor would i want him to. I had no part in this, there wasn't any collusion on my part and i don't even think i have ever played with this player before. All i can do is play my cards. On a day when i should have been celebrating finally getting there, i am deeply saddened, NO WAY DID I WANT TO WIN A SEAT LIKE THIS. I am a fair and honest player and if i'd rather have bubbled again than have to defend myself and my reputation against accusations of collusion. People who know me and play with me will know that i'm a good guy the rest of sky poker will only remember that one hand from last night. I wanted to win a seat not have someone treat me as a charity case. I'd like to thank everyone for their support along the way, this isn't even a hollow victory, it's no victory at all. Good News . Having spoken to Sky Poker today, the young lady that went out on the bubble has been allocated a seat as well, so she has not been disadvantaged by the player folding when he should have called.
    Posted by skicowboys
    Hi Ski
    In my post I did mention collution, but IN NO WAY WAS I REFERING TO YOU MY FRIEND. I'm glad you made it through and the decision taken by Sky is a great one.
    look forward to seeing you in the bar, along with the rest of the regs at 12.30
    col
  • edited November 2009
    Good luck in Manchester Ski,  go on and win it!
  • edited November 2009
    see you saturday ski...... im the skinny, well spoken, gentle guy !!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by themackem
    cough cough splutter YEAH RIGHT lol
    col
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by themackem
    hmm Mack..lol...gl sat m8
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by themackem
    Tikay II???
  • edited November 2009
    Hi

Erm why does the term sphericles spring to mind? lolololol
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by skicowboys
    Well done for qualifying and the correct decision has been made re the bubble getting a seat.
    Ill see you at the bar as promised? Mild Ale wasn't it?

• edited November 2009
    Very Well done m8.. I know you must feel a bit rubbish at the moment, but listen to everyone above NOBODY THOUGHT YOU DID ANYTHING WRONG!!! Come to the event, enjoy yourself, dont let this affect your play you deserve to be there as much as anyone (and more so than the other player). It will dawn on you how much support you have when Tikay announces your name at Manchester... you will get goose bumps!!!

See you there
  • edited November 2009

Thank goodness this has been resolved, now we can all look forward to a great day.
  • edited November 2009
    Very Well done m8.. I know you must feel a bit rubbish at the moment, but listen to everyone above NOBODY THOUGHT YOU DID ANYTHING WRONG!!! Come to the event, enjoy yourself, dont let this affect your play you deserve to be there as much as anyone (and more so than the other player). It will dawn on you how much support you have when Tikay announces your name at Manchester... you will get goose bumps!!!  See you there
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Agreed 100%

• edited November 2009
    Thank goodness this has been resolved, now we can all look forward to a great day.
    Posted by Hjaltland
    + 1
  • edited November 2009
    Very Well done m8.. I know you must feel a bit rubbish at the moment, but listen to everyone above NOBODY THOUGHT YOU DID ANYTHING WRONG!!! Come to the event, enjoy yourself, dont let this affect your play you deserve to be there as much as anyone (and more so than the other player). It will dawn on you how much support you have when Tikay announces your name at Manchester... you will get goose bumps!!!  See you there
    Posted by FlashFlush

This.
  • edited November 2009
    you didnt do anything wrong but doubts will remain as to whether you would have bet if he didnt write that in the chatbox. u did not write anything whist in the hand so were not at fault there...

well said tho by what you have wrote here
  • edited November 2009
    dont  worry  about  skicowboys  u  did  nothing  wrong    was  not  your  problem   anyway  gl  in  manchester