You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 line check

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
What do we do here and why

are we ever flatting the flop raise
why would we flat and why would we raise
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Spenna940 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.55
rancid Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.61
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

xstuart Fold        
Sheps32 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £5.69
Spenna940 Call   £0.05 £0.30 £9.50
rancid Raise   £0.20 £0.50 £9.41
Sheps32 Call   £0.20 £0.70 £5.49
Spenna940 Call   £0.20 £0.90 £9.30
Flop

• Q

Spenna940 Check        
rancid Bet   £0.68 £1.58 £8.73
Sheps32 Fold        
Spenna940 Raise   £1.36 £2.94 £7.94
rancid

Comments

• edited January 2012
    dont think im ever raising pre! as to post  flop the quuestion would be what does he have pre that would cause him to raise a 3/4 pot bet. aq im pretty sure it aint  over pairs. very surprised   him flush drawing and raising. so its either 88 22 q8 q2 28. i fold fold here, just smells all wrong.  phil
  • edited January 2012
    Raise pre is fine, you have a nice hand in KQs facing two limps. However raise has to be more, you've made it 30p here, for me it needs to be 50p minimum again really super duper basic 3x +1.

Flop bet good.

Check minraise, you're IP so I think we can call once here, we do have TPGK and it's hard to see how you're beat apart from 22 and 88, I personally rule out Q2/Q8/82 with raise pre, maybe I'm wrong in doing that.

If he bets massive on turn then you can probably fold.
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah I agree with dude I raise personally 3xbb in cash but plus 1bb for every limper so i make it 50p also but least your raising pre.

bet flop is fine but then you get min raises which I dont like but only hans im scared of is 22.88 poss q8 suited if hes loose but he could be raisin with the draw ax diamonds something like that so I call see what turn brings a diamond or a blank etc and see what opponent does after that.

is the opponent been loose/tight aggro/passive on flops this could help with your decision?

I read your thread also rancid good read and well done reaching your goal you decided what your doing treating youself as a treat(withdrawin money) or movin up stakes m8 ?
  • edited January 2012
    with the limpage I'd feel happier making it 50p pre.

flop I think I flat his raise and then re assess from turn readless.  If (with reads) I think he'll get it in bad with a flush draw I likely shove.  Happy to pick up pot there or getting the call and fading. 

As far as a set goes are you c/fing turn when a brick hits?  Prob not so you'll end up facing a bet that is stack sig in any case,