You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Too tight?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I know the result would show I was wrong but what would you all do in your first Times comp on the 3rd hand. Would you have called 2 all ins.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Forest_fan Small blind   25.00 25.00 875.00
ant1983 Big blind   50.00 75.00 950.00
  Your hole cards

jalasmum Call   50.00 125.00 800.00
littlele27 Call   50.00 175.00 1350.00
gracie24 Raise   250.00 425.00 675.00
Janana All-in   925.00 1350.00 0.00
Forest_fan All-in   875.00 2225.00 0.00
ant1983 Fold        
jalasmum Fold        
littlele27 Fold        
gracie24 Fold        
Janana Unmatched bet   25.00 2200.00 25.00
Forest_fan Show
  • Q
  • K

Janana Show
  • A
  • K

Flop

• J

Turn

• Q

River

Forest_fan Win Pair of Queens 2200.00   2200.00

Comments

• edited January 2012
    your going to get stick for this :p (Not from me tho :P)

You simply cant 5x fold with that stack.

Ship pre or flat pre.  Ship to isolate flip or pick up the chips in there (incresing stack without running board by nearly 20%).  Flat to c/f post on bad boards, but with added equity of it being multiway when connecting.  Not deep enough to set mine, but perhaps can limp along if not opting to shove.

But in the nicest possible way 5xing limpers from a stack of <19bigs to fold to a raise is never going to be profitable poker.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Too tight?:
    your going to get stick for this :p (Not from me tho :P) You simply cant 5x fold with that stack. Ship pre or flat pre.  Ship to isolate flip or pick up the chips in there (incresing stack without running board by nearly 20%).  Flat to c/f post on bad boards, but with added equity of it being multiway when connecting.  Not deep enough to set mine, but perhaps can limp along if not opting to shove. But in the nicest possible way 5xing limpers from a stack of <19bigs to fold to a raise is never going to be profitable poker.
    Posted by AMYBR
    I must confess I was hoping that I would get a fold all round but this format takes getting used to and your comment is very sound

thx
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah as above, you can't make it 250 then fold. Personally I'd just jam with your stack size after 2 limpers.
  • edited January 2012
    Yep lovely shove spot, if you raise you have to snap call the shove.
  • edited January 2012
    just going by your description you said this was 3rd hand. was it one of those 1 min roullette tourneys? im guessing this by blinds n stacks, if it was its an easy shove
  • edited January 2012
    no one should give stick. this is a learning forum. we have all done it. personally i hate ur play. but it can happen. im with the above about open shoving or folding. after 2 limps earlie im folding KQ here, 1 because ur dominated with this hand so often in all in situations. the only times ur good is when KJ or K 10 shove. and ur reasonable when u have overs. so personnally i fold unless u want to gamble. but 5x folding with ur stack. but gl at the tables
  • edited January 2012
    no one should give stick. this is a learning forum. we have all done it. personally i hate ur play. but it can happen. im with the above about open shoving or folding. after 2 limps earlie im folding KQ here, 1 because ur dominated with this hand so often in all in situations. the only times ur good is when KJ or K 10 shove. and ur reasonable when u have overs. so personnally i fold unless u want to gamble. but 5x folding with ur stack. but gl at the tables
    Posted by 3746
    Lol
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks for all the comments but I realy did feel my 9's were beaten and there is nothing worse than a crying call. Also it was one of the new "Timed" 15 min. formats - and I did cash so no real harm done.

Once thanks all --gracie24
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by 3746
    Op had 99!

Another poster who`s managed to get his pin number and profile name mixed up at registration!!!

lol +1 AMYBR
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Too tight? : Op had 99! Another poster who`s managed to get his pin number and profile name mixed up at registration!!! lol +1 AMYBR
    Posted by davelufc
    Lol.  I enjoyed his posts :)