You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I think my flat call was terrible but did i play the rest ok?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £22.33
rob12345 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.40
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

EMARSH Fold     
penguin7 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £19.50
 Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £18.45
deso222 Fold     
cleaverjim Call  £0.70 £2.00 £21.63
rob12345 Fold     
penguin7 Fold     
Flop

• K

cleaverjim Check     
 Bet  £1.00 £3.00 £17.45
cleaverjim Call  £1.00 £4.00 £20.63
Turn

cleaverjim Check     
 Bet  £2.00 £6.00 £15.45
cleaverjim Call  £2.00 £8.00 £18.63
River

• Q

cleaverjim All-in  £18.63 £26.63 £0.00
 All-in  £15.45 £42.08 £0.00
cleaverjim Unmatched bet  £3.18 £38.90 £3.18
cleaverjim Show
  • K
  • K

Show
  • A

cleaverjim Win Full House, Kings and 6s £37.10  £40.28

Comments

• edited January 2012
    think you were lucky to stack him tbh.
  • edited January 2012
    Tbh i hoped for a big raise after my flat pre flop ,Then my all in bet on river was based on him having ace spades but should i of just pot bet river rather than jamming as the board had paired.
  • edited January 2012
    You got paid so it was right :p

Board doesnt pair he stacks you.

Flatting K's can be Ok for range balancing, but I'm prob not going to take that line when being oop through streets.

This is likely a £12 pot way action plays, if board hadnt developed.  I think I'd of rather heated it up earlier, rather than relying on the board to hurt him or him make a mistake. 

You 3 bet pre, hes just as easily going to float a perceived cbet IP on flop, then be invested at turn (onj alternate flops).  You lead the action, rather than your value depending on his mistakes.

Just me tho.
  • edited January 2012
    Defo prefer 3bet pre OOP.

I'd check raise flop as super wet.

If not flop have to raise turn purely for value and build pot, it's curently tiny for strength of hand as you want to stack him here.

River you get super lucky he hits nut flush, big bet is good but would rather raise previously so river bet can be just pot-sized.
  • edited January 2012
    Cheers for your feedback m8.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: I think my flat call was terrible but did i play the rest ok?:
    Defo prefer 3bet pre OOP. I'd check raise flop as super wet. If not flop have to raise turn purely for value and build pot, it's curently tiny for strength of hand as you want to stack him here. River you get super lucky he hits nut flush, big bet is good but would rather raise previously so river bet can be just pot-sized.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    See your point but i cant raise on the turn as imo he is either drawing for nut flush or has top pair so dont want him off the pot,I agree im lucky he calls my all in shove but i again hoped id look weak by doing this.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: I think my flat call was terrible but did i play the rest ok?:
    In Response to Re: I think my flat call was terrible but did i play the rest ok? : See your point but i cant raise on the turn as imo he is either drawing for nut flush or has top pair so dont want him off the pot,I agree im lucky he calls my all in shove but i again hoped id look weak by doing this.
    Posted by cleaverjim
    If he's drawing you can still make him pay for draw doesn't matter that you have FH, you want value right, plus if he has TP he'll still find it hard to fold.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: I think my flat call was terrible but did i play the rest ok? : If he's drawing you can still make him pay for draw doesn't matter that you have FH, you want value right, plus if he has TP he'll still find it hard to fold.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    This exactly.  You can make it £5.50 at turn if this is your read.  Inflates pot for vb when he gets there, extracts value @ turn and gets him pot stuck @ river when he misses or doesnt improve