You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Couple of £10 DYM bubble spots - shove or fold?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic

I had a stack of 1750 on this one: 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
AcesSuitedSmall blind 200.00200.00790.00
abbierobBig blind 400.00600.001855.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

Richie_LFold    
JingleMa?
And 1910 in this one: (shortie BellaGTen had 933 chips left)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
witsy39Small blind 300.00300.005037.50
Mariusz80Big blind 600.00900.003220.00
 Your hole cards

BellaGTenFold    
JingleMa?
All thoughts most welcome.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    1 - I probably fold with SB having 2bbs.

2 - 100% fold as shorty will be in BB next hand.
  • edited January 2012
    I would prob min-raise the first so that if SB shoves BB might call too, wouldn't do this if BB is a station as SB folding would get you in a tricky spot, deffo fold the 2nd
  • edited January 2012
    both look like ships to me lol

guess i not played these for a while
  • edited January 2012
    I fold both here
  • edited January 2012

Cool, it's Forum vs GregDo... er, I mean Hogg so far.

PF - interesting tactic with the min-raise - I understand your reasoning but don't think I would do it simply cos like you said could get ugly if BB calls/shoves.

Anymore4anymore?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Couple of £10 DYM bubble spots - shove or fold?:
    Cool, it's Forum vs GregDo... er, I mean Hogg so far. PF - interesting tactic with the min-raise - I understand your reasoning but don't think I would do it simply cos like you said could get ugly if BB calls/shoves. Anymore4anymore?
    Posted by JingleMa
    My main thought on that hand was if a reg was in the BB, if the SB goes all in the reg is very likely to call too, if the SB folds the BB probably will follow.

If a non-reg is in the BB i think it still works well unless you have reads saying they are very aggro or a station, although they may not employ the co-op play with a weak hand.

I do play DYMs a lot differently to most regs though, been going well so far but still a small sample size

Run well : )
  • edited January 2012
    im all in on both here for sure 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Couple of £10 DYM bubble spots - shove or fold?:
    im all in on both here for sure 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I still think this is the right play

In hand 1... because the BB needs a BIG hand to call and the sb will fold alot

In hand 2....  because the BB needs a BIG hand to call and both the sb and bb will fold alot anyway because the shorty is due in the blinds next.

Those that say fold are not looking at the stack sizes properly imo. Our hands are pretty strong 4handed too. I think folds are too cautious.
  • edited January 2012
    allin with both 4 me imo
  • edited January 2012
    I probably shove in both of these spots.

1st hand - You're never going to be in terrible shape with KQ if you get called, and most of the time, you'll just get 2 folds and pick up the blinds. 

2nd hand - Can see the argument for folding here, depends who is in the blinds for me. 

If they have any understanding of DYM strategy, then IMO it's an easy shove as you're getting 900 free chips unless you run into a premium hand which is very unlikely, worst case scenario you get called and even then, you've still got a chance. Even though the shortie is in the big blind next hand and will almost certainly be set all in, I think you still need them 900 chips because if he doubles up, then he's got as many chips as you, and you've got a third of your stack in the middle on the big blind the hand after. If you can pick up 900 chips with hardly any chance of getting called, then it stops you getting into any awkward situations if the short stack doubles up.

However, if you're playing at a table where someone will call you with marginal junk just because they're the big stack and can maybe knock you out, or because they think their marginal hand is good, then I think you should probably fold. I don't want to have to win a race against someone calling with QJo or some junk like that, when the small blind is likely to be all in next hand with any two cards.