You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How do i extract max value from this hand.

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I don't really think you could've played post flop any worse

pre is fine ... you need to be vbetting flop, turn and shove river if he stays along

your check on the flop indicates you have more of a hand than betting does - you could be cbetting that flop with such a range of hands that it's likely he will call/raise! i'm guessing your opponent would stick around with any pair, or even nothing and try make a bluff at it. Either way, you need to bet the flop in order to get paid! If you bet and he folds, fine, but checking wont get you any where, it's unlikely he's gonna make a bluff with such little amount in the pot! build the pot, give him rope to pull off a bluff and if he has an A you'll get his money anyway! Checking does nothing here

Comments

• edited January 2012
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xxSmall blind £0.10£0.10£14.27
    KP03Big blind £0.10£0.20£17.85
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

westyukFold    
    k1realis23Fold    
    joseph1951Call £0.10£0.30£4.24
    smarrRaise £0.40£0.70£9.73
    xxCall £0.30£1.00£13.97
    KP03Fold    
    joseph1951Fold    
    Flop

• A
    • A

xxCheck    
    smarrCheck    
    Turn

xxCheck    
    smarrCheck    
    River

• J

xxCheck    
    smarrBet £0.30£1.30£9.43
    xxCall £0.30£1.60£13.67
    smarrShow
    • K
    • A

xxMuck*******   
    smarrWinFull House, Aces and 2s£1.48 £10.91
    did i play this terribly or is this just one of those hands that aren't going to pay out ?
  • edited January 2012
    He had pocket 6's in the end. I always tell my mate if someone checks in my position there its likely they have the set, if they bet call. Dont know why i cant do the same when its in my position.
  • edited January 2012
    So it seems you have the knowledge yourself but it's just about putting it into action! Next time you hit a monster, try betting at it and see where it gets you! 
  • edited January 2012
    have a look at my other hand and see wat u think there? same deal really.
  • edited January 2012
    Just bet, most times you won't hit at all and will have to cbet and hope he folds, when you hit just bet for value.

Checking flop and turn here is crazy.
  • edited January 2012

I'm actually laughing at both the hands you posted

Learn to do your own betting.. seriously.

How does it feel to win such a tiny pot when you hold the nuts?

In relation to this hand in particular, bet this flop, all pocket pairs are going to call at least 1 street might even raise with a view to getting it in, non believers/fish are going to call with broadway/gutshots.

• edited January 2012
    how do i extract more value? this a joke right lol...

id start of by betting the flop, then the turn and finally the river... when we have good hands we want to get paid for them right? how are we gonna get paid if we check every street? get a good hand bet bet bet, not check check errrrrr min bet....do a an experiment everytime you flop good hands bet every street strongly see what difference it makes! yep ppl will fold sometimes, it sucks, but for the times they dont i guarantee you will notice the difference in your bankroll
  • edited January 2012
    Well done on hiding the players name by the way NOT lol
  • edited January 2012
    dont think i can fold to your turn bet quick enough.

ppl love to peel lol, if betting turn, bet flop.  Mostly same hands call (pp's/floats).
  • edited January 2012
    ok so i played abit tonight and i bet every street when i hit rather than checking, turned £7 into £61 in about an hour on a cash table. Thanks.
  • edited January 2012