You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Need your thoughts on this hand

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Had watched oppo quite a few times on the table call raises then betting out quite a few times was called down and he turned over absolute air so i thought with this hand might be a good spot to get a large portion of his chips i know 9's are not a very strong hand but on that board i thought i was in fairly good shape and if he has a bigger pair then so be it.

Im going to leave his cards out because i would like to have some thoughts on possible hands..
neil1970 Small blind  20.00 20.00 2605.00
SoLack Big blind  40.00 60.00 1715.00
 Your hole cards

africanwol Fold     
doubleT Fold     
 Raise  120.00 180.00 1140.00
TWISTED290 Fold     
neil1970 Call  100.00 280.00 2505.00
SoLack Fold     
Flop

neil1970 Check     
 Bet  280.00 560.00 860.00
neil1970 Call  280.00 840.00 2225.00
Turn

neil1970 Check     
 Bet  840.00 1680.00 20.00
neil1970 Call  840.00 2520.00 1385.00
River

neil1970 Check     
 All-in  20.00 2540.00 0.00
neil1970 Call  20.00 2560.00 1365.00
neil1970 Show

Comments

• edited January 2012
    you played it fine for me.

his range? well pretty much anything if he is agressive. i assume he had the ace and this is a bad ish beat post?

another way of playing it could be to 3bet pre, but if you do this you gotta stack off pre, or on a reasonable flop for 9s if he just flats the 3 bet.
  • edited January 2012

The pot size flop c-bet looks bluffy to me. If he has TT+, a set or A3 I'd expect him to bet smaller to encourage a call. I like check/shove on the flop.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Need your thoughts on this hand:
    The pot size flop c-bet looks bluffy to me. If he has TT+, a set or A3 I'd expect him to bet smaller to encourage a call. I like check/shove on the flop.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    If you think hes bluffing why are you shoving?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Need your thoughts on this hand : If you think hes bluffing why are you shoving?
    Posted by NColley
    The villain only has 860 behind after his flop bet, if we call now we're committed to the pot, based on our read the chips should going in no matter what happens on the turn, folding would be horrendous. What's the point of waiting? Just get them in on the flop, force him to be the one who has to call off his stack and show the rest of the table that they'd better not mess with you.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Need your thoughts on this hand : The villain only has 860 behind after his flop bet, if we call now we're committed to the pot, based on our read the chips should going in no matter what happens on the turn, folding would be horrendous. What's the point of waiting? Just get them in on the flop and force him to be the one who has to call off his stack.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    If hes bluffing, he folds to your shove (unless hes a clown and still calls with his 10 high), when you flat you give him a chance to bluff again.
  • edited January 2012
    I just ship flop.  No need to get fancy, he isnt deep enough to make this complicated.  Our hand isnt that strong and I'd be much happier putting the decision to him while we perceive that we are infront.

Theres alot of turn/river cards we arent going to like where he is going to put us to an unpleasant decision.  Simple is best here imo

• edited January 2012

That was my thought in the hand with his chip stack i new he was going to ship it on the turn no matter what card came he was caught at it a few times until that 3 came on the river i had him stacked...

Then he flips over ace 6 off..
    In Response to Re: Need your thoughts on this hand : If hes bluffing, he folds to your shove (unless hes a clown and still calls with his 10 high), when you flat you give him a chance to bluff again.
    Posted by NColley
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Need your thoughts on this hand : That was my thought in the hand with his chip stack i new he was going to ship it on the turn no matter what card came he was caught at it a few times until that 3 came on the river i had him stacked... Then he flips over ace 6 off..
    Posted by neil1970
    so i got it right then! knew it was a bad beat post
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Need your thoughts on this hand : so i got it right then! knew it was a bad beat post
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Greg i honestly did not put this up as a bad beat post just wanted some opinions on how i played the hand regardless of the outcome..
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Need your thoughts on this hand : Greg i honestly did not put this up as a bad beat post just wanted some opinions on how i played the hand regardless of the outcome..
    Posted by neil1970
    no worries, i said i thought you played it fine, just ul
  • edited January 2012
    I think it would have been a bad beat if he had left other guys cards in, something I personally detest in the clinic, but here he just wants opinions on his own play which is fine imo. 
  • edited January 2012

fine

set oppo all in on turn or bet small to induce bluff shove

only got pot size left so…………….sod it boards too wet to be messing about tbh

Nice that your reads are bang on that oppo is bluffing, oppo can still catch

Lots of bad cards for you on river, if oppo checks behind on turn and then shoves river on ya - would feel a bit murky