You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hand 3

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
6 max 30c/60c

Full stacks, mostly readless.

UTG mins, SB calls, I make up in the BB with 10s Js.

$3.6 in pot Jh 5d 7s.  Nothing to get excited about, SB checks I check UTG minner makes it $1.8.  SB folds I call.

7.2$ in pot.  Jh 5d 7s Qs.  I lead out $5 to see how strong opponent is plus build pot for potential river vbet.  He flats.

$17.25 in pot Jh 5d 7s Qs 8s.  I lead out $15, Opponent raise to $40, I ship ($56)as cant put him on a real hand, he calls with As 9s.

Again do anything different?

Comments

• edited January 2012
    really dont get turn bet, whats your plan if he raises to $20ish?
  • edited January 2012
    Is turn bet for information, if so you know that ain't good right ?

Also when he raises river that seems pretty strong to me and he has bet flop, called turn bet, could have a bluff but surely a made hand lots of times.
  • edited January 2012
    yeah prob should have been a c/c here @ turn.  More for value and to set up river shove when spade falls that info dudeskin, but perhaps partly ths.  This was 3 hands off the back of the bizarre AJ Q10 hand, so likely beginning to steam.. :p

I felt tonne worse hands raise river as played though.  Again, contemplated flatting river raise but was marginal amount behind.

Yuk session.  Taken to 6 tabling 6 max, seems to fit my comfort zone.  Had it tiled and just watched half my tables explode. grim
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Hand 3:
    really dont get turn bet, whats your plan if he raises to $20ish?
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    With the turn bet at least you know the oppo has likely a made hand or is drawing (although you then didn't use that info!), whereas c/c still leaves one in the dark. How would you suggest to get this info instead?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Hand 3:
    In Response to Re: Hand 3 : With the turn bet at least you know the oppo has likely a made hand or is drawing (although you then didn't use that info!), whereas c/c still leaves one in the dark. How would you suggest to get this info instead?
    Posted by GELDY
    How do you know this for sure, most good players won't give you clear answers so you'll still be guessing. 

When you bet do it for value or bluff, stick to that and you won't go far wrong.
  • edited January 2012
    I have to agree with Lol raise here (never really known him to be in error in any case.)

Leading turn goes against the grain for my game anyway.  My hand is basically a bluff catcher.  I was steaming from a barrage of beats and wasnt thinking clearly.

My only defence was I was inflating pot for the instance the river falls a spade but that would be immaterial if opponent pops me IP with a real hand.  Only gives me the choice of folding or re shoving bad vs a range that I'm likely crushed by.

As it turns out I have to get stcked in any case, myeh perhaps can c/c river if not inflated, but if hes any good its a stack decision in any case.  Just had a really bad session, these were 3 of 6 or 7 grim hands where I was always destined to lose the max.  Had a massive month so far so cant complain.

Thankyou for the feedback guys :)