You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sigh call on river, but did I play this OK?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Pysterman Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.75
GRAEME82 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £9.54
 Your hole cards

linacman Fold     
rob95 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £6.33
fafnir Fold     
Pysterman Call  £0.04 £0.24 £7.71
GRAEME82 Check     
Flop

• J

Pysterman Bet  £0.18 £0.42 £7.53
GRAEME82 Fold     
rob95 Raise  £0.36 £0.78 £5.97
Pysterman Raise  £1.14 £1.92 £6.39
rob95 Call  £0.96 £2.88 £5.01
Turn

Pysterman Bet  £2.16 £5.04 £4.23
rob95 Call  £2.16 £7.20 £2.85
River

Pysterman Check     
rob95 Bet  £0.96 £8.16 £1.89
Pysterman Call  £0.96 £9.12 £3.27
rob95 Show
  • J
  • K

Pysterman Muck

rob95 Win Flush to the King £8.43  £10.32

Comments

• edited January 2012
    i think essentially both of your hands are face up so i would shove turn as it really doesnt look like it matters what you bet here as they arent going away
  • edited January 2012
    Nasty cooler
    You played it quite strongly. If you were putting him on the bare ace or king of clubs, why not shove on the turn? Try and make him pay the max for his draw, and it takes away the implied odds. You were always going to put the rest in on river anyway.

Wouldnt have worked here as he had top pair and the draw, but a lot of times it will.

Just unlucky

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sigh call on river, but did I play this OK?:
    Nasty cooler You played it quite strongly. If you were putting him on the bare ace or king of clubs, why not shove on the turn? Try and make him pay the max for his draw, and it takes away the implied odds. You were always going to put the rest in on river anyway. Would have worked here as he had top pair and the draw, but a lot of times it will. Just unlucky
    Posted by penguin7
    FYP :P

Unless ofc you're wanting to turn your flush into a bluff and get a fold, then it obv wudnt work ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Played fine, sigh fold river tho IMO.

Stacks are tricky.  You mostly make a commiting bet @ turn which he understandably (@ lvl) stations with TP 2nd nut FD.

I May ship turn to protect money in there
    May check to vb river blank.  Tricky given stack size.  Problem is he flats turn. 

At this lvl I think I'd rather just get it in @ turn after flop 3 bet.  Getting called wide.  Fade or no fade, you get it in good.  If we think opponent folds I'd agree with Doh, but dont think they will.