You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1.10 Deepy - 1st level with TPTK + NFD facing some action.

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Dream flop, even with play before me I'm all in right ?

esher7510Small blind 10.0010.004990.00
WILLCHRISBig blind 20.0030.004980.00
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

12lunaCall 20.0050.004980.00
Dudeskin8Raise 100.00150.004900.00
TynianFold    
findyCall 100.00250.004900.00
esher7510Fold    
WILLCHRISCall 80.00330.004900.00
12lunaCall 80.00410.004900.00
Flop

• Q

WILLCHRISCheck    
12lunaCheck    
Dudeskin8Bet 307.50717.504592.50
findyRaise 1340.002057.503560.00
WILLCHRISCall 1340.003397.503560.00
12lunaCall 1340.004737.503560.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited January 2012
    if its me i`m allin m8 he could have a queen worse kicker or raisin with fd and if he has the set of 5`s or 6`s you still have outs but dont listen to me i love to gamble lol
  • edited January 2012
    one of them should have a set

makes the decision harder but theres loads in the pot, so why not take a spin lol

its a 1 quid donkament whats the worst that could happen?
  • edited January 2012
    not folding r u - come on :()
  • edited January 2012

100% SHOVE TOP PAIR AND NUT FLUSH DRAW YOUR DOUBLING OR TRIPPLING UP IF ANY DIAMOND COMES IN SOMEONE HAS TRIPS SO MY ONLY WORRY APART FROM MISSING THE DIAMOND IS HITTING THE DIAMOND FIST PUMPING THEN REALISING THEVE RIVERED THE FULL HOUSE.
    WHICH IM GUESSING HAS HAPPENED

• edited January 2012
    Even if you know for SURE that one of them had a set you'd almost be getting the right odds
  • edited January 2012
    I'm all in here 100% of the time.
  • edited January 2012
    You probably haven't got the fold equity but I'd still be all in - you're 30% against a set of 6's and 45% against top 2 pair.  As others have said it's a 1 squid donkament, worth taking the gamble imo :)
  • edited January 2012
    Crazy baby !

Chrome.........

Basicaly one had 66, one had 87dd, other 43o.
  • edited January 2012
    Cant read the result as it is, not patient enough.  Ship flop quicker.

Obv getting as much of stack in where we have most perceived equity.

Opponents dont have to have massive hands at this level, we all know the type.  Avoid decisions @ turn, Ship it, guarentee two cards.  Go get a biscuit, come back see how it played out.

This is the kind of hand/action I used to overthink.

Ultimately just get as much in there on flop with high equity, if you dont have the best hand, w/e just generate a huge stack early doors with outs to the nuts. 

Dont know what the plan would be at turn if we flat and am never folding.  Generate a 1400bb pot and own the T.  This in itself is reason enough to ship.
  • edited January 2012

Versus this level of oppo I don’t see how you fold- just shove, versus better oppo it’s an easy fold tbh

horrible spot btw )

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £1.10 Deepy - 1st level with TPTK + NFD facing some action.:
    Versus this level of oppo I don’t see how you fold- just shove, versus better oppo it’s an easy fold tbh   horrible spot btw )  
    Posted by rancid

Got tbh I get it in on flop here at a tonne of lvls, for reasons in my post above.  Even factoring in FE and hands we are likely to be called by.

However at a higher lvl the pot wouldnt be so inflated on flop with the super light calls of the big raise, allowing poker to be played rather than a shipping fest.

But if it played the same at all my standard Touney BI's I'm pretty sure I'd still be happy to get it in, prob more so as a 1400bb stack could be used more effectively.

Hold or improve, dont really mind.  Generating such a ridic super stack early on would be my only goal in this hand. 
  • edited January 2012
    Versus this level of oppo I don’t see how you fold- just shove, versus better oppo it’s an easy fold tbh   horrible spot btw )  
    Posted by rancid
    I did shove lol
  • edited January 2012
    Cant read the result as it is, not patient enough.  Ship flop quicker. Obv getting as much of stack in where we have most perceived equity. Opponents dont have to have massive hands at this level, we all know the type.  Avoid decisions @ turn, Ship it, guarentee two cards.  Go get a biscuit, come back see how it played out. This is the kind of hand/action I used to overthink. Ultimately just get as much in there on flop with high equity, if you dont have the best hand, w/e just generate a huge stack early doors with outs to the nuts.  Dont know what the plan would be at turn if we flat and am never folding.  Generate a 1400bb pot and own the T.  This in itself is reason enough to ship.
    Posted by AMYBR

We have no FE here

The calls pre flop are ok tbh given stack sizes - 66, one had 87dd, other 43o.

Think we are probably 40% here , we are only ever behind to a set so…….

Maybe not a get it in spot ____

Maybe stove it and see what equity we have

• edited January 2012
    I can post it last night but not now, what gives ?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £1.10 Deepy - 1st level with TPTK + NFD facing some action. : We have no FE here The calls pre flop are ok tbh given stack sizes - 66, one had 87dd, other 43o. Think we are probably 40% here , we are only ever behind to a set so……. Maybe not a get it in spot ____ Maybe stove it and see what equity we have
    Posted by rancid
    You know that I know this. 

I am deliriously happy getting it in here as 40% to win a likely 1400BB pot.  In this particular spot this would be my only focus.

Being happy with the scenario which ever way it went. 

Dont want people to fold flop, even if it were a much bigger game, but as said it wouldnt play this way.

We can crunch the numbers as much as we want here.  Once the pot has inflated this much multi way with everyone having a piece and being invested I have no issue getting it in against any of their range given eventual likely pot size.

Its very rare you'll be in a spot to gain such an overwhelming chip lead in a field with such high equity.  You have to take it IMO.  Even in a much bigger game.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £1.10 Deepy - 1st level with TPTK + NFD facing some action. : You know that I know this.  I am deliriously happy getting it in here as 40% to win a likely 1400BB pot.  In this particular spot this would be my only focus. Being happy with the scenario which ever way it went.  Dont want people to fold flop, even if it were a much bigger game, but as said it wouldnt play this way. We can crunch the numbers as much as we want here.  Once the pot has inflated this much multi way with everyone having a piece and being invested I have no issue getting it in against any of their range given eventual likely pot size. Its very rare you'll be in a spot to gain such an overwhelming chip lead in a field with such high equity.  You have to take it IMO.  Even in a much bigger game.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Yeah I hear ya, if we shove do they all call - maybe at least two call our shove
    Probably commited to the shove if two call tbh- how can we turn it down when stack to pot ratio is.......
    Kinda commited :S 3/1 so------------ shoving is fine ) i thinks, no number crunching just using my gut __!

• edited January 2012
    Im not sure at all here.

Kind of want to preserve my Tlife and am never going to be ahead when jamming i donk think.  Prob a fold IMO.

No point generating the superstack just to go bust.
  • edited January 2012
    Im not sure at all here. Kind of want to preserve my Tlife and am never going to be ahead when jamming i donk think.  Prob a fold IMO. No point generating the superstack just to go bust.
    Posted by ilove2h8pr
    From a profitability point of view, this should never be an issue
  • edited January 2012
    Have seen this lady come back for 1/3 of a BB to win a 50 seater DS tourney.  :)
  • edited January 2012

If they all call a shove then I think shove is ok, but looking again our equity is more like 30% at best v range that includes a set

Shove may be marginal and a fold is ok ----

Would like to see more educated replies than my own tbh

edit: anyone considering calling, may be ok

Maybe even c/c or c/r flop is the better line here

• edited January 2012
    Got to be honest, once I have decided I am comfortable, in fact wanting, to get my stack in here I likely click it back, with the expectation that someone reshoves.  Getting anyone that stations the click back utterly stuck.  Normally I'd never do this, but this is an interesting spot in terms of equity/eventual pot size/stage of tourney.

Personally I hate flatting flop, leaves us in a world of hurt and doubt at turn + also lets people get away easier.

Only reason I can think that I would ever show any caution or hesitation is if I was massively under rolled. 
  • edited January 2012

Emmm if we figure were behind to a set and other hands are Qx hands or draws then if we are getting the right direct odds + implied then a call is fine

Checking flop imo has merits for c/r or c/c

Essentially I don’t think we need to lead with TPTK + FD

But on the occasion we do lead then we never  fold, so it’s flat or shove

Shoving with no FE is never good with this much equity, while calling seems like the better option

Also I don’t think we can consider the stack to pot ratio + odds as we can only be certain of one caller after we shove - not like we are calling and can consider our stack to pot and our equity in winning the hand