You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3 Brutal hands. Dont see how I do much wrong but would be grateful to hear input: Hand 1

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Cooler by the looks.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Will try and keep it quick.  6max 1$/2$  Full stack (100ishbbs)

44, I raise 3x from button.  No real reads.  SB folds BB pops it to $19.  I flat IP.

A89r flop $39 in flop opponent leads $6.  Dont get the bet.  Call to see if he fires turn, maybe make a play at pot when he holds 10's thru K's.

$51 in there A89 4. He now fires $31, I ship for about $180.  He calls, showing the only hand I could worry about, A's.

(All 3 hands are from within 5 minutes, so steam posting).  Do anything different?
  • edited January 2012
    jam turn makes no sense. call and jam riv
  • edited January 2012
    Didnt think he'd fold, my risk averse days are kind of over.  Figured could get it all in there.

Dont like Beanehs attitude but he was right for most part, my head was screwed on wrong from so much run bad.  My though process had become way overdeveloped.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: 3 Brutal hands. Dont see how I do much wrong but would be grateful to hear input: Hand 1:
    Didnt think he'd fold, my risk averse days are kind of over.  Figured could get it all in there. Dont like Beanehs attitude but he was right for most part, my head was screwed on wrong from so much run bad.  My though process had become way overdeveloped.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Surely folding flop is best here?

Micro lead seems suspect.

This mean I can stop hearing you grumble about Beaneh? :p
  • edited January 2012
    Doubtful.

Myeh small lead was suspect agree, but readless its hard to figure, easily be a probe with Premium PPs. 

Agree with Ivey when he says youre playing bad when you dont go broke on an uncordinated set over set board, so dont mind this too much now.
  • edited January 2012
    the only part that you could possibly argue is pre flop imo, calling a tenth of your stack with 4's is that questionable? Might be because i'm a massive nit and i may be wrong but i'm probably folding there until such a time that i have some sort of read on the table. Just my thought, beyond that i'm prob doing the exact same.
  • edited January 2012
    with no reads at all I prob fold pre. Don't hate the call though, but I prefer 4b/f if you are continuing

call turn intending to ship over any river bet
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: 3 Brutal hands. Dont see how I do much wrong but would be grateful to hear input: Hand 1:
    with no reads at all I prob fold pre. Don't hate the call though, but I prefer 4b/f if you are continuing call turn intending to ship over any river bet
    Posted by grantorino

if you don't fold flop don't raise turn. just make a note on his flop bet sizing.
  • edited January 2012
    with no reads at all I prob fold pre. Don't hate the call though, but I prefer 4b/f if you are continuing call turn intending to ship over any river bet
    Posted by grantorino
    4b/fing PP's super sucks if 4b it should be to 4b/c

if we 4b to 25bb with 100bb eff. and get jammed on we are getting 125/75 = 5:3 on our money which means 37.5% equity to make a breakeven call.

if we are against TT+,AQ+ we have 36.2% ... if we include one Ax hand where x />4 as a 5b bluff from villain then we have 40%

44 vs QQ+,AK  is still 35%, much rather 4b/f with like Axo where we have only 25%ish and are not giving away so much equity when folding to the 5b
  • edited January 2012
    I dont think this was ever a spot that I would have chosen to 4bet in, nor were stacks deep enough to try it, Id only be 4 betting to snap which I wouldnt be with 4's

Readless this seemed like a reasonable spot to peel a flop and play IP versus a general 3 bet range.

But maybe folding pre would have been best after meeting resistance
  • edited January 2012
    man, i am sooo glad i dont play you lolraise, that just sounds like blah blah blah to me. bit of a gap from struggling nl50 to top of nl300. i feel very inadequate now !!
  • edited January 2012
    When you call pre, your set mining - so why change plan :S
    To call or raise flop bet you gotta know oppo bet sizing
    Like sinking your own battleship!
    flat turn, shove river

• edited January 2012
    When you call pre, your set mining - so why change plan :S To call or raise flop bet you gotta know oppo bet sizing Like sinking your own battleship! flat turn, shove river
    Posted by rancid

Yes basically set mining, or also seeing if opponent keeps firing through streets on a barren board.

But when we do hit set at turn, Opponent has showed alot of interest in pot.  Am big believer in going for the max these days.  If we believe opponent calls shove at turn when we have hit our set, why not just get it in?

If we think he may sigh fold Ax then obv cal turn ship river, but if we believe he calls here why not go for it?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: 3 Brutal hands. Dont see how I do much wrong but would be grateful to hear input: Hand 1 : 4b/fing PP's super sucks if 4b it should be to 4b/c if we 4b to 25bb with 100bb eff. and get jammed on we are getting 125/75 = 5:3 on our money which means 37.5% equity to make a breakeven call. if we are against TT+,AQ+ we have 36.2% ... if we include one Ax hand where x />4 as a 5b bluff from villain then we have 40% 44 vs QQ+,AK  is still 35%, much rather 4b/f with like Axo where we have only 25%ish and are not giving away so much equity when folding to the 5b
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Generally I fold pre readless

I dont see how it supersucks, 4b/c may be slightly better from your ranges but 4b/f doesnt look like a huge mistake to me. Also I would be making my 4b smaller than 25bb, but that prob wont make that much difference

Would prefer 4b/f an Ax type hand myself. Not too sure what you mean by giving up so much equity when I 4b/f? Obv 44 usually has ok equity against his 3bet range but I have to play thru streets without initiative readless with a hand that doesnt improve often to realise that equity
  • edited January 2012
    i just mean 4b/fing with 35% sucks more than 4b/f with 25%
  • edited January 2012
    i just mean 4b/fing with 35% sucks more than 4b/f with 25%
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    :) Hard to argue with that

Are you happy to flat 3bet pre with 44 here readless and if so how would you plan to continue postflop when we dont hit a set?
  • edited January 2012
    id fold pre with no read and 100bb deep, if i were going to call i would play pretty straight forward peel once low board fold turn UI or just fold flop on a broadway high card flop