You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is it ever right to bin this on a jack high board??

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
AKULASmall blind £0.20£0.20£13.10
TydalwaveBig blind £0.20£0.40£19.49
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

tech34Fold    
GAMBOLEROFold    
pod1Raise £0.60£1.00£41.30
stanley644Raise £2.80£3.80£17.20
AKULACall £2.60£6.40£10.50
TydalwaveFold    
pod1Call £2.20£8.60£39.10
Flop

• J

AKULACheck    
pod1Check    
stanley644Check    
Turn

AKULACheck    
pod1Bet £1.00£9.60£38.10
stanley644Call £1.00£10.60£16.20
AKULACall £1.00£11.60£9.50
River

AKULACheck    
pod1Bet £3.20£14.80£34.90
stanley644Raise £15.80£30.60£0.40
AKULAFold   

Comments

• edited January 2012
    have detailed notes on stanley and is the only one im worried about. just wondering what he had pre to warrant a check on flop. i have it he does this with premium hands. i dont have him on the straight unless 88 , but dont think he 3 bets pre this light. im thinking jj. is it wrong to put this down ??

• edited January 2012
    I can never fold here. What can he have pre-flop other than 88 to re-raise you that large.

• edited January 2012

You played your hand incredibly weakly and you are so under repped its hard for you to fold here.

• edited January 2012
    4bet pre ?

Also WTF is that turn bet and same for river ?
  • edited January 2012
    what am i beating though, he aint playing aj post flop like this. qq is the only hand i am beating with his 3 betting range. ak maybe and he thinks i missed. 

• edited January 2012
    i had just taken a big pot of akula by him bluffing so thinking he tiltin. a ? at a push . stanley i have played loads and his 3 betting range is well "small". after the flop the problem i had was he is acting after me. i think i would have been less worried if he had bet out, turn bet was rather weak but it was designed to be. i thought the river bet would take it down with out being contested. ak aq missing, he aint playin aa this weak. got myself in a right mess. 1 part of me thinks he hit flop massive the other says not. 
  • edited January 2012

Q1 - If he is only 3 betting ~3% of hands (AA-JJ/AK) what does he call a shove with? If he folds QQ-JJ/AK in this spot then your flat call is fine.

Q2 - Why are you betting £1 into £8.60? This bet achieves nothing its not a good size for a blocker bet or as a pot builder, you might as well of checked

• edited January 2012
    Once you've taken this passive line throughout the hand i dont see how you can do anything but c/c the river.
  • edited January 2012

i just dont get it at all here im afraid. 

oop im 4 betting here every time.

have notes on Stanley too and he isnt checking back a hand bigger than KK on that flop imo especially not mutli way.  my notes say his 3 bet range is wider than suggested in OP but i open far more regularly than pod1.  he only ever continues when he is strong and will check back everything else in my experience.

what on earth is that turn bet?  would be confident that youre definitely ahead at this point so you have got to bet more than 1 into 9.  why would any draw ever fold?  also, you are never betting 1 into 9 if you hold the straight draw with the 8 which is why i just cant get my head around your river bet at all....you are betting a river that you can never ever have hit.

check call river or with your read on villain check fold

• edited January 2012
    Sigh get it in pre n hope he's got the other 2 kings for a chop :P

Nah flat might be ok depending on what he thinks of you.

I've spewed loads v him in the past so he gets QQ in pre v me now :D

"He wudn't give you the steam off his p!ss that fella tho" ;)

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: is it ever right to bin this on a jack high board??:
    "He wudn't give you the steam off his p!ss that fella tho" ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol, flat call fine vs this grim nit, lol at his 3bet size moron. deffo a fold tho, an 8 makes a straight ppl, altho its hard for him to have an 8, hes never bluffing with a person to act behind
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: is it ever right to bin this on a jack high board?? : lol, flat call fine vs this grim nit, lol at his 3bet size moron. deffo a fold tho, an 8 makes a straight ppl, altho its hard for him to have an 8, hes never bluffing with a person to act behind
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Might be bad but no need to insult the guy.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: is it ever right to bin this on a jack high board?? : Might be bad but no need to insult the guy.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    after his little stunt of 12 tabling while min buying into every table ill insult the guy until the fat lady sings
  • edited January 2012
    Still bad form imo but each to their own I guess. 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: is it ever right to bin this on a jack high board?? : after his little stunt of 12 tabling while min buying into every table ill insult the guy until the fat lady sings
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    +1

i dont mind short stackers on one table but to short stack 10 tables should lead to death by firing squad
  • edited January 2012
    i just cant see what he had pre that constituted the massive bet on river. yes i didnt play this well. just got caught between playing it RIGHT and playing it passive. the hand i put in area 51 i think played a part 2 mins earlier, i know it shouldnt but....
  • edited January 2012
    just how nitty is this guy? I doubt he ever 3b/f that big so I prob just 4b/c pre unless his 3b range is v narrow

Bet turn properly. Either bet river bigger or check

As played I prob fold river v this guy as described, but your sizing is atrocious and he should be bluffing loads.