You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another NL8 spot with overpair vs paired board.

Not been sat too long. Spiderman had been limp calling alot and already had him down as someone who liked to see flops. Thats all the reads folks, sorry. Table as a whole so far had been limpy cally.

Also, betsizing ok pre and on flop?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
spidermanSmall blind  £0.04 £0.04 £2.94
keeley0244 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £1.89
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

pond1971 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £7.97
DrSharp Raise  £0.32 £0.52 £8.09
dgw69 Fold     
poturb09 Fold     
spidermanCall  £0.28 £0.80 £2.66
keeley0244 Fold     
pond1971 Fold     
Flop

spidermanBet  £0.32 £1.12 £2.34
DrSharp Raise  £0.96 £2.08 £7.13
spidermanCall  £0.64 £2.72 £1.70
Turn

spidermanAll-in  £1.70 £4.42 £0.00
DrSharp ??

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Seems fine, I likely raise bigger on flop. 

Turn easiest call ever. What else is he going to do....
  • edited January 2012
    standardddddddddd
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Another NL8 spot with overpair vs paired board.:
    Seems fine, I likely raise bigger on flop.  Turn easiest call ever. What else is he going to do....
    Posted by AMYBR
    Why we raising more on the turn? Its 3x his initial raise. May as well set him in on flop. Not disagreeing, just wondereing what your thought process is as i am trying to improve my betsizing, especially 3-bet sizes as i am now moving up a bit and need to use them more.
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Another NL8 spot with overpair vs paired board. : Why we raising more on the turn? Its 3x his initial raise. May as well set him in on flop. Not disagreeing, just wondereing what your thought process is as i am trying to improve my betsizing, especially 3-bet sizes as i am now moving up a bit and need to use them more.
    Posted by DrSharp
    you mean on the flop?
    the raise is fine vs villains chip stack, but in general it should be bigger - the whole point of raising would be for value and to not give villain odds to draw, with your 3x raise he has the odds. Imo, against a 100BB stack, you should be making it more in the region of £1.3-£1.5
  • edited January 2012

sorry meant flop.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Another NL8 spot with overpair vs paired board. : you mean on the flop? the raise is fine vs villains chip stack, but in general it should be bigger - the whole point of raising would be for value and to not give villain odds to draw, with your 3x raise he has the odds. Imo, against a 100BB stack, you should be making it more in the region of £1.3-£1.5
    Posted by percival09
    Sorry, just digging a little deeper here. Whats he drawing to on this board? I thought it was pretty dry and wanted to keep him in.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Another NL8 spot with overpair vs paired board. : Why we raising more on the turn? Its 3x his initial raise. May as well set him in on flop. Not disagreeing, just wondereing what your thought process is as i am trying to improve my betsizing, especially 3-bet sizes as i am now moving up a bit and need to use them more.
    Posted by DrSharp
    Purely for value.  I believe he will call more.  Plus his stack is put to a decision where he may shove.  If he flats he's more pot stuck on later streets.

If he folds he likely shuts down on later street anyway.  Is more likely to make a mistake for his stack here than on furthar streets.

Given the action and stack sizes I just want to get it in here or get him stuck.  Dont want value to depend oh him continuing to error or hope he bluffs at it.
  • edited January 2012
    in this situation you are raising solely for value and with villains chip stack, like i said, your raise is fine

i'm just saying that's the point of raising and i'm guessing even if villain had abigger stick you'd still raise the same amount
  • edited January 2012

flop raise size is fine

snapcall turn