You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

betting for value/info? Spew?

Ok, limpy cally min raisy table again. spiderman is good solid reg (same as my other thread) capable of one or two moves. Am i right 3 betting in position with this hand? I know betting for info is supposed to be bad but if i dont do it in this instance, i probably do more cash later in the hand as it comes K high and spiderman had the Aces. Obviously a fold in the end, just views on betting for info. 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BRADLEYJ Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £9.65
BAITRUNNER Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £4.90
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

iCopey Raise  £0.16 £0.28 £6.13
AndNeiCha Call  £0.16 £0.44 £4.08
spidermanCall  £0.16 £0.60 £6.24
DrSharp Raise  £0.80 £1.40 £8.49
BRADLEYJ Fold     
BAITRUNNER Fold     
iCopey Call  £0.64 £2.04 £5.49
AndNeiCha Fold     
spidermanAll-in  £6.24 £8.28 £0.00
DrSharp Fold

Comments

• edited January 2012
    I wouldn't make this move without good reads on villains and their 3b calling range and how often they do it
    It's a good move but i'm not so sure how good it is at these limits
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    You have great hand and in best position so flat is great here, you have total control.

To 3bet you need very good reads they call OOP with worse which is hard unless you have tons of history.
  • edited January 2012
    spiderman had AA here?

adjust notes :P

If I had spiderman down as a 'good solid reg', as you do, I'd not expect him to flat any hand better than KQ suited in his situation......

Might even make the call of his shove unless he thinks ur a big nit.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: betting for value/info? Spew?:
    spiderman had AA here? adjust notes :P If I had spiderman down as a 'good solid reg', as you do, I'd not expect him to flat any hand better than KQ suited in his situation...... Might even make the call of his shove unless he thinks ur a big nit.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    glad i weren't the only one thinking this
  • edited January 2012

ok  unknown minopens utg, solid reg flats in CO with a caller inbetween at 8nl. If you raise here it should be for value, otherwise flat and play poker. If they all fold you prob had best hand at 8nl and if one or more call what info do you get, and how do you proceed?

As played I would prob call the shove if my read was that villain is a solid reg. I doubt that if he plays AA this way