You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL8 line check vs solid reg.

Villain is a solid player who i have played a few times and who multi tables at NL8 and sometimes NL10 if i remember correctly. Dont recall ever seeing him open limp before (could be wrong, but if so extremely rare) which already started ringing alarm bells. He is capable of being trappy and then re raising the river. He done this quite a few times before to me.

Basically, with that knowledge and with us both sitting pretty deep, just give me a line check. Am i too passive throughout or right to be slightly wary?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bel05 Small blind £0.04 £0.04 £5.31
FROGGITT Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £2.32
  Your hole cards

villainCall  £0.08 £0.20 £17.80
POOLMAN529 Fold     
DrSharp Raise  £0.32 £0.52 £8.00
bel05 Fold     
FROGGITT Fold     
villainCall  £0.24 £0.76 £17.56
Flop

villainBet  £0.76 £1.52 £16.80
DrSharp Call  £0.76 £2.28 £7.24
Turn

villainBet  £1.14 £3.42 £15.66
DrSharp Call  £1.14 £4.56 £6.10
River

villainBet  £1.04 £5.60 £14.62
DrSharp Call

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Additional thoughts - Obviously, regs sometimes open limp with small pocket pairs to set mine which was a worry on that flop also. Couldnt put the hand down because i can be a bit fishy at times (some say quite a bit of the time) but general thoughts on the hand and ranges i can put him on and also flop play etc would be very welcome.

Thanks guys.
  • edited January 2012
    Seems fine to me given reads
  • edited January 2012
    re raise flop in position...sounds like this will get you all the information you need with the way you described villain
  • edited January 2012
    looks fine, make sure to make a note of what he is capable of limp/caller donk betting full pot with.

edit - I think I am being too risk averse again in my analysis of hands, probably because I prefer to get a read on what people donkbet with before combatting them! Wouldn't mind raising either turn/river for value.
  • edited January 2012
    doesn't seem very solid given his open limp and bet sizings

you say he doesn't open limp often, which means his range is probz 22-66 and maybe low suited connectors

full pot donk bet on flop initially idicates strength -  imo he has top pair at best, he could even be trying to win the pot there and then with only a gutshot - personally I think a raise would be optimal here

half pot bet on the turn is weak but I think as played flatting is ok

I'd probably shove the river with such a weak bet, the way he's played it seems like you def have him beat. the board pairs which is even better for you - i'd say he's probably got a pair of 8's at best. 
  • edited January 2012
    i think percival has covered all my thoughts very quickly. Great post mate.
  • edited January 2012
    I think hand is fine

Why raise flop? What hands does a solid rg flat with oop? Are we getting it in if he 3bets?

Shoving river seems like total spew to me if he is solid, unless there is some sort of history where you can level him into calling light as your line would look fos.  I would fold river to a bigger bet v some villains