You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash, Bankroll, Management and Me (Now NL10)

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
In Response to First 10k hands @ NL4 Cash... ~2500bb up!:
So I started on the lowest cash tables available (Nl4) with around £10, and since I reached 10k hands today (although its my worst day of poker yet for a long time, down around 2.5buyins) I made a nice screenshot of my stats and graph. Any advice on my stats, particularly from the SB and BB etc is appreciated. I think my 3bet is a little high, but I do have an okay winrate on that so far so its not my main concern. My biggest leak imo is not letting go of big overpairs (AA-QQ) on really wet boards when I'm screaming at myself to fold inside. Also hands like KJ I think I need to fold more in EP/MP and only play from the CO/BTN. Giraffe: http://www.msoutham.plus.com/poker/10knl4.jpg Stats: http://www.msoutham.plus.com/poker/nl410kstats.jpg All things considered, I think 24bb/100 hands is an okay rate. This converts to ~12ptbb/100 if I am correct for those that are interested? Also, should I take a shot at NL10 when I hit the 200 mark or wait til 250? Matt
Posted by Deadluck
What poker tracking software are you using for this?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    So I started on the lowest cash tables available (Nl4) with around £10, and since I reached 10k hands today (although its my worst day of poker yet for a long time, down around 2.5buyins) I made a nice screenshot of my stats and graph.

Any advice on my stats, particularly from the SB and BB etc is appreciated. I think my 3bet is a little high, but I do have an okay winrate on that so far so its not my main concern. My biggest leak imo is not letting go of big overpairs (AA-QQ) on really wet boards when I'm screaming at myself to fold inside. Also hands like KJ I think I need to fold more in EP/MP and only play from the CO/BTN.

Giraffe: http://www.msoutham.plus.com/poker/10knl4.jpg

Stats: http://www.msoutham.plus.com/poker/nl410kstats.jpg

All things considered, I think 24bb/100 hands is an okay rate. This converts to ~12ptbb/100 if I am correct for those that are interested?

Also, should I take a shot at NL10 when I hit the 200 mark or wait til 250?

Matt
  • edited November 2009

Your stats show that you're not 3-betting from the blinds often enough - you'll get robbed every time at higher levels if you don't plug this. Overall though, you're definitely ready to move up.
    Good luck - cos you will need it!

• edited November 2009
    modified sharp stats, it doesn't collect any villain data only personal data
  • edited November 2009
    take a shot at nl10 now, you will crush. Honestly a 10 buyin rule for everything below nl50 is fine. how do you get these stats/graph?

Your 3bet% is standard. If its working then its not too high. Playing 6max you should open KJ from everywhere imo.
  • edited November 2009
    Im not playing on Sky cash unfortunately due to the lack of support for player stats, although I have considered it as I doubt there is a relatively high standard around. Also the rakeback equivalent isn't too great here. I just enjoy the tournies and reading the forums here (british dominated, friendly crowd etc) hence the post :) .

Ironically the network im using doesnt support HUDs so am only using personal stats at the mo which isnt ideal! Lack of villain stats sucks...

Thanks for the tip. Dont think I want to play a 10BI rule tho, its a bit low?
  • edited November 2009
    i use sharkscope for info on players and it works with sky poker try it ,

its free .
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: First 10k hands @ NL4 Cash... ~2500bb up!:
    i use sharkscope for info on players and it works with sky poker try it , its free .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Sharkscope free only provides SNG/Tournament results, no player statistics afaik.

vpip/pfr/cbet etc
  • edited November 2009
    Im not playing on Sky cash unfortunately due to the lack of support for player stats,

LOL,  I think a lot of ppl were getting excited, including myself before you posted this ^^
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: First 10k hands @ NL4 Cash... ~2500bb up!:
    Im not playing on Sky cash unfortunately due to the lack of support for player stats, LOL,  I think a lot of ppl were getting excited, including myself before you posted this ^^
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Agreed lol , i started scouring the net for this magical stat program that could fit with sky :(
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry to get your hopes up!

A Google for HEM, PT and SkyPoker explains how Sky's Java platform doesnt allow for hand histories being saved client side :(

Taking some shots at NL10 using this aggressive 10BI rule. Running $45 below EV, and down around $16 - surviving on rakeback and bonuses :D
  • edited November 2009
    Success story continues, yippee

The original $9 bankroll (following strict bankroll management rules) is now $285 following a nice session in NL10.

Hoping to reach $600 within a week or two and move up for an NL25 shot!

/brag xx
  • edited November 2009
    I quite like not having any stats available for sky. Puts everyone on a level playing field and you have to pay attention instead of just relying on HUD reads but I would say that after having such a great returning week on here :)
  • edited November 2009
    It should be quite easy for Sky to implement a feature where players can download or save their stats as a txt or csv file which would allow them to be imported into stats/tracking software to aid analysis.  I can't see why Sky won't do this, I know it's something I would use.
  • edited November 2009
    i dont have villain stats on this bankroll fyi, only personal. main point of this is that BRM is key to staking up sucessfully and preventing tilt.

as long as evry1s on a level field i dont mind. u can build ur own reads, and i have a copious amount of notes on players.
  • edited November 2009

Nice stats, 5big bets (10 big blinds) per 100 hands is supposed to be crushing a limit, your obviously too good for the stakes your playing so i would probably take shots when you have a bankroll of 15 buy ins instead of the usual 20. (100k hands at a limit is alot more accurate though)

-vpip- Is fine except i would open less from utg and more from the button, also the small blind should not be the same amount as the button as you are out of position for the hand.

3 bet- Again you should be 3betting more in position so the button should be higher than middle position. (when players have a 3bet of over 9 i start 4betting them light so anything below that and above 5 is fine.)

c-bet- slightly low,would be better around 67. (although nl10 wont believe many bluffs so its fine now but remember when you get to nl25 and nl50 you wont get paid off on your goods hands as much if you dont bluff with enough frequency.

wtsd- abit high but thats probably as people as micro stakes are often calling stations.

AF- should be between 2 and 3,1.90 is abit low.

Also i would purchase Holdem Manager if you can use it at the pokersite you play.

Gl
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash, Bankroll, Management and Me (Now NL10):
    Nice stats, 5big bets (10 big blinds) per 100 hands is supposed to be crushing a limit, your obviously too good for the stakes your playing so i would probably take shots when you have a bankroll of 15 buy ins instead of the usual 20. (100k hands at a limit is alot more accurate though) -vpip- Is fine except i would open less from utg and more from the button, also the small blind should not be the same amount as the button as you are out of position for the hand. 3 bet- Again you should be 3betting more in position so the button should be higher than middle position. (when players have a 3bet of over 9 i start 4betting them light so anything below that and above 5 is fine.) c-bet- slightly low,would be better around 67. (although nl10 wont believe many bluffs so its fine now but remember when you get to nl25 and nl50 you wont get paid off on your goods hands as much if you dont bluff with enough frequency. wtsd- abit high but thats probably as people as micro stakes are often calling stations. AF- should be between 2 and 3,1.90 is abit low. Also i would purchase Holdem Manager if you can use it at the pokersite you play. Gl
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    Nice advice! Alot of calling stations at this stake unfortunately, meaning i do get paid with my TPTK by stations holding a med pp or a TPrag but on the flip side my Cbet bluffs dont get through as much.

How should i increase my AF? raise more or bet more?
  • edited November 2009
    Obv sample size is pretty rubbish but Net prof. out of SB is rly impressive imo.

Also, what tracking software do you use?
  • edited November 2009
    Sharpstats since HEM doesnt work on the network this roll is on unfortunately. il be switching once ive cleared the bonus.
  • edited November 2009

Your aggression factor is calculated by (Raise % + Bet %) / (Call %), which means an aggression factor of 1.00 means you Raise or Bet as often as you Call. In general, an aggression level between 2.0 and 3.0 is considered quite aggressive. Being overly aggressive makes you too predictable, and you'll get check-raised a lot more often than you'd like. A low aggression factor means you are a passive player, and are probably not making the most out of every hand.