You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Satellites for Glasgow/Brighton

edited February 2012 in The Sky Poker Tour
Hello
could I enquire when the satellites for these events will appear in the lobby please ?

cheers

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    When I know, I will post

Should be any day
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    Satellites begin tomorrow night and will be live in the lobby from 10am tomorrow

I will post all the details on this board then. Of course with two locations it will be slightly more complex this time, so please check back on this section of the forum tomorrow
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    These start TONIGHT

Satellites for each Venue will run on ALTERNATE EVENINGS.

Satellites for Glasgow will run on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays.

Satellites for Brighton will run on Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays

So tonight, we start with a Brighton satellite
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    The qualifiers will follow the normal pattern.

1 in 5 feeders @ £5.20 will be on offer during the day to THAT EVENINGS Semi Final. The qualifiers in these CANNOT "carry them over" to the following evening.

The Daily Semi-Final will run at 9.30pm, & will cost £24, with 1 in 5 getting a seat.

Please ensure you qualify for the correct venue. Whilst every effort will be made to correct any genuine errors for those who qualify for the "wrong" venue, there is no automatic right of transfer.
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    The Actual Live Events will be ONE DAY Events with a £110 seat price, 5,000 chips, & a 30 minute clock.

The Events will both take place on Saturday March 10th

The Guarantee for both Events will be £12,500.
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2012

The Capacity in the Lobby for BOTH Events has been set, for now, at 100 seats.

Direct Buy-Ins are NOT available except for Priority Club members. This may change at a later date if seats remain available.

Some additional seats MAY become available later.
  • edited February 2012
    Good work SPT.

Will try get qualifying for Brighton tonight.
  • edited February 2012

when does the glasgow satellites start? I can only see the Brighton satellites?

• SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    Satellites for each Venue will run on ALTERNATE EVENINGS.

Satellites for Glasgow will run on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays.

• edited February 2012
    Got my Brighton seat first time of asking for a fiver

MBN
  • edited February 2012
    Any chance of being able to buy in direct to one of these events?
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    Not at this stage

I would reckon both might sell out via satellites.

Will let you know if that changes, of course
  • edited February 2012
    Hi all... will try and qualify for this... however if non - succesfull still ok to come down and have a few side games i presume? cheers :-)
  • edited February 2012
    qualified tonight for brighton, got the taste now after luton.

• edited February 2012
    why are there no satellites for spt brightonin the lobby
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2012

check on those days, and you'll see satellites in the lobby
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Satellites for Glasgow/Brighton:
    Satellites for Brighton will run on Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays check on those days, and you'll see satellites in the lobby
    Posted by SPT
      Is there any reason why both satellites do not run at the same time and have the two semi's  (one Glasgow one Brighton) running also at the same time, this give everyone more chance to qualify, as you can only go to one venue to play live so will play the one you want to play in. This will also give people who work evenings (ME) more than one chance to qualify each week    
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    The reason really is one of simplicity, both in software terms and player understanding. One satellite on one night, the other satellite on the next and on is least likely to lead to players trying to qualify for the wrong event and lots of admin complications for the organisers. ie me and Sky Poker

I accept the downsides which you mention but over six weeks of satellites at 3-4 opportunities a week for each, everyone has ample chance to qualify
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Satellites for Glasgow/Brighton:
    The reason really is one of simplicity, both in software terms and player understanding. One satellite on one night, the other satellite on the next and on is least likely to lead to players trying to qualify for the wrong event and lots of admin complications for the organisers. ie me and Sky Poker I accept the downsides which you mention but over six weeks of satellites at 3-4 opportunities a week for each, everyone has ample chance to qualify
    Posted by SPT
     Thanks for the reply, i suppose you have to have some sort of system unfortunately two of the qualifying  nights (Brighton)  I work which leaves me one night (Tuesday) to try to qualify unfortunately the qualifying nights are static so unless I take a night off I cant play I wish it was on alternate  nights at least then the qualifying games would change days every week.