You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Simon Grayson Sacked

edited February 2012 in The Football Corner
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7472144/

Typical Ken Bates, waiting until the day after the transfer window closes so that whoever replaces him can't sign anyone to improve the team. Bates out!

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Seems a really strange decision.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Simon Grayson Sacked:
    Seems a really strange decision.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    ya i agree hes done a good job for us just a little bad run should not of got sacked, HOPE WE DONT GET WARNOCK IN
  • edited February 2012
    I think it`s been on the cards for a while now tbh.

I was there last night and it wasn`t the worst display i have ever seen but the scoreline does not lie.

Some of his decisions and signings (or lack of) have been very poor,

Ok, he got us up and beat Manu in FA cup which i will be eternally grateful to him for that, but a lot of the time he just needed to `grow a pair`   !!

Cheers Larry , all the best.
  • edited February 2012
    Neil Warnock 4/9
    Steve Bruce 5/1
    Roberto Di Matteo 6/1
    Gordon Strachan 14/1
    Neil Redfearn 16/1
    Keith Hill 16/1
    Karl Robinson 16/1
    Dave Jones 20/1
    Lee Clark 20/1
    Gus Poyet 20/1
    Alan Curbishley 20/1
    Billy Davies 25/1
    Steve McLaren 28/1
    Dougie Freedman 33/1
    Phil Brown 33/1
    Dom Matteo 33/1
    Paolo Di Canio 33/1
    Sean O'Driscoll 33/1
    Gianfranco Zola 40/1
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 40/1
    Peter Reid 40/1
    Sven Goran Eriksson 40/1
    Roy Keane 40/1
    David O'Leary 40/1
    Ruud Gullit 40/1
    Lucas Radebe 50/1
    Vinnie Jones 50/1
    Gary McAllister 50/1
    Eddie Newton 50/1
    Iain Dowie 50/1
    - -
  • edited February 2012
    I think it`s been on the cards for a while now tbh. I was there last night and it wasn`t the worst display i have ever seen but the scoreline does not lie. Some of his decisions and signings (or lack of) have been very poor, Ok, he got us up and beat Manu in FA cup which i will be eternally grateful to him for that, but a lot of the time he just needed to `grow a pair`   !! Cheers Larry , all the best.
    Posted by davelufc
    I spent ages writing a reply to this, then I got that popup saying "Happy hour is now underway!", and couldn't actually submit my post, grr. Too lazy to re-type it all now, lol.
  • edited February 2012
    Dave Jones could be a good shout.

In reality I hope you end up with Iain Dowie lol. : )
  • edited February 2012
    Dave Jones could be a good shout. In reality I hope you end up with Iain Dowie lol. : )
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Dave Jones dont like us, think we`ve given him a fair bit of stick in the past!!!

Ian Dowie ffs lol

• edited February 2012
    Neil Warnock 4/9 Steve Bruce 5/1 Roberto Di Matteo 6/1 Gordon Strachan 14/1 Neil Redfearn 16/1 Keith Hill 16/1 Karl Robinson 16/1 Dave Jones 20/1 Lee Clark 20/1 Gus Poyet 20/1 Alan Curbishley 20/1 Billy Davies 25/1 Steve McLaren 28/1 Dougie Freedman 33/1 Phil Brown 33/1 Dom Matteo 33/1 Paolo Di Canio 33/1 Sean O'Driscoll 33/1 Gianfranco Zola 40/1 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 40/1 Peter Reid 40/1 Sven Goran Eriksson 40/1 Roy Keane 40/1 David O'Leary 40/1 Ruud Gullit 40/1 Lucas Radebe 50/1 Vinnie Jones 50/1 Gary McAllister 50/1 Eddie Newton 50/1 Iain Dowie 50/1 - -
    Posted by davelufc
    roy keane whould love to see him at leads whould be funny to see how sick the would go
  • edited February 2012

Keane couldnt get Ipswich anywhere near promotion despite having plenty of cash and opportunity to do so.
    think warnock is a no brainer wether you like him or not he is a top manager at championship level.

• edited February 2012
    Keane couldnt get Ipswich anywhere near promotion despite having plenty of cash and opportunity to do so. think warnock is a no brainer wether you like him or not he is a top manager at championship level.
    Posted by BADBOY985

I think you are right there about Warnock,

I think he fell out with the chairman at QPR which in turn lead to his exit,

Would be interesting to see how he gets on with Bates if he got the job!!

Redfearn in charge for at least the next 3 games tho.

Ps,I remember playing you in cup 2007 on a tuesday nite at your place,

We lost 3-0, got home at 4am and was up for work at 7.30!! Cheers lol.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Simon Grayson Sacked : I think you are right there about Warnock, I think he fell out with the chairman at QPR which in turn lead to his exit, Would be interesting to see how he gets on with Bates if he got the job!! Redfearn in charge for at least the next 3 games tho. Ps,I remember playing you in cup 2007 on a tuesday nite at your place, We lost 3-0, got home at 4am and was up for work at 7.30!! Cheers lol.
    Posted by davelufc
    I will agree to apologise for you inconvenince if you send back the £385,000 we paid for Ian Baird!
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Simon Grayson Sacked : I will agree to apologise for you inconvenince if you send back the £385,000 we paid for Ian Baird!
    Posted by BADBOY985

Think it was £285k!!! and we bought him back at the end of 87/88 season for £120k.

He had scored 1 in 20 appearances for you, good business by LUFC eh? lol.

We`ve had plenty of garbage over the years too m8, Thomas Brolin aaaarrrrggghh.
  • edited February 2012
    Grayson had done a very good job at Leeds since he took over and somebody did a league table on points gained vs cash spent and Leeds were top of this league (prob the only one we will be for a while) so he did really well on a shoestring budget.

However, the defence has been shocking for about 2 1/2 years and he has'nt sorted it. ER is not a fortress like it should be and there have been some disturbing stories coming from the club regarding Graysons behaviour which has allegedly caused some dressing room disrest so it just could be time for both parties to move on.

Grayson seems a nice enough fella and is Leeds through and through and should walk in to another job without too much hassle but it sounds like (and looks like to be honest) that the club needed a change so fair enough. I wish him luck in the future.

As for the club and its future? It doesnt look good. Fans arent happy, stadiums empty, no atmosphere anymore and the stewards get worse every game i attend (which isnt often anymore). The chairmans not happy, the players look disinterested and everyone seems to be pulling in different directions. Basically its in turmoil and its recipe for relegation rather than promotion. Bates will only sell when we go up allegedly, and we aint going nowhere with him outpricing the fans and selling the better players.

Big changes needed before we can all move on and make a proper attempt at promotion and get back to where this once great club belong. As for me, i willgo when its cheaper or when i feel i am at least getting 100% from the club as a whole so it looks like i will be a part timer for a while.

• edited February 2012
    Lee Clark sacked. Could he be going to Leeds next ?
  • edited February 2012
    Lee Clark sacked. Could he be going to Leeds next ?
    Posted by AcidMan27

Bit of a shock that one!!

I dont think he`s proven at a higher level than league 1 yet, would be a backward step imo.

I heard Hudds chairman found out he`d spoken to Bates.

Surely his sacking cant be results orientated can it?

McCarthy would be ok, speaks reet good yorkshire tha nos!!!
  • edited February 2012
    Very very big shock although I had a feeling from his last interview on tele when asked if he was interested in Leeds job "I work hard for whoever I am employed by" suggested he would be happy to go to Leeds.
  • edited February 2012
    Not sure what's gone off there tbh.

Like you say it surely can't be just results based especially at this stage of the season when they're still up near the top.

But surely if he was to go to you lot it would have been in the best interests of Huddersfield to not sack him and then they could have got some compensation if he did end up moving on.