You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold...

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
away manSmall blind 150.00150.00210.00wayne1958Big blind 300.00450.006135.00 Your hole cardsAQ   wizzbFold    playerAll-in 3225.003675.000.00away manFold    wayne1958Call 2925.006600.003210.00wayne1958ShowAQ   playerShow6A   Flop  8Q10   Turn  7   River  7   wayne1958WinTwo Pairs, Queens and 7s6600.00 9810.00

Comments

• edited February 2012
    I don't mind whether you call or not here. If the villain is going to make a stupid play, then he deserves to be called really.

Personally, I always fold here anyway, unless the player has been abusive in the chat box in which case I call just to try and bust them, then laugh to myself if I win the hand :)
  • edited February 2012
    Instant fold for me in this situation everytime.
  • edited February 2012
    i know what ur saying evil, but as you know get awayman-smallest stack out asp, to be fair both me and vilian tried 2 times to get away man out, then this happend-felt a bit sorry if he-she was a newbi, but then again if it was me who lost all me chips id be even sorry-lol-....
  • edited February 2012
    inb4 dudeskin says 'i fold'....
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold...:
    inb4 dudeskin says 'i fold'....
    Posted by potattoooo
    LOL nice one.

On the hand the fact you still have 10bbs even if you lose means you can probably call as shorty will be all in next BB anyway but even so I snap fold this as you simply have NOTHING to gain as you've already won and can only realistically put yourself in danger if shorty reconnects and doubles up (trust me it can happen).

Also fwiw most times I see this when there's an away it's usually a pretty big hand that thet 'can't fold' when they should like AA/KK/QQ/AK etc, A6 makes zero sense but even so just let him have it the game will be over in 2 mins.
  • edited February 2012
    I normally find in DYM in this position, if someone shoves they have more than AQ so its an insta fold, but this is just a silly shove, guy must be made of money ;p
  • edited February 2012
    No reason at all to call with anything here. Even if you had aces you can fold and still be certain you will cash this orbit. DYMs are about cashing. You were lucky here that a) you had him dominated, b) that you had him well covered stack-wise and c) your 70% chance heald up.
  • edited February 2012
    away player = fold

• edited February 2012
    not saying its not a fold, but surely we also have very little to lose by calling here if AQ is ahead?
  • edited February 2012
    Call is only an option cus we have 6k, if we fold however we will cash 100% assuming away player doesn't reconnect.
  • edited February 2012
    Don't take risks in DYM, simples )

• edited February 2012
    Because people are pillocks.  Dont mind a call with your stack.

We can say insta fold, but away man is never cashing so whats the difference.
  • edited February 2012
    I used to think that, get it in here we are ahead so.... - but I have changed my thinking and I think you need to if you want to be a long term winner in DYM's
    Seriously differant to standard STT and MTT thinking I feel anyway

If you don't need to risk it, then don't

• edited February 2012
    Look again at stack sizes and away players stack.

Have never seen a less risk spot in a dym
  • edited February 2012

If we have even 20% equity calling makes us more likely to cash in either this hand or next than folding and hoping everyone limps next hand. If we have 50% we cash in next 2 hands over 85% (assuming other players call next hand). Obv if we lose and shorty  wins next hand our chances of winning after that decrease, not sure if its by enough to make it a fold

• edited February 2012
    away player - 210
    Short - 2340
    vill - 3225
    hero 6135

wait till busto - simples
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold...:
    away player - 210 Short - 2340 vill - 3225 hero 6135 wait till busto - simples
    Posted by rancid

Thanks for writing out stacksizes. Now explain what we should do and why. It may be a fold but I would think this is pretty close
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold... : Thanks for writing out stacksizes. Now explain what we should do and why. It may be a fold but I would think this is pretty close
    Posted by grantorino
    Why is it close, why should we call ?
    snap fold
    Can't see any benefits to call here
    Even if we can see oppo shoves ATC, we fold
    away player has 210 chips lol not even a bb so.....why call ?

The only reason to call here is if the shover is a player that you don't like much )

I've run this through a wiz and it says if oppo is shoving ATC only call with 10's+

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold... : Why is it close, why should we call ? snap fold Can't see any benefits to call here Even if we can see oppo shoves ATC, we fold away player has 210 chips lol not even a bb so.....why call ? The only reason to call here is if the shover is a player that you don't like much ) I've run this through a wiz and it says if oppo is shoving ATC only call with 10's+
    Posted by rancid
    +1

Or a forum reg.. then its a snap call lol!

If we call and lose we are still going to cash over 90% of the time but why take the risk, when at the moment we should cash 100% of the time.

this is the easiest fold in the world and it aint close its a super snap dym dudenit stylee insta fold

fwiw i fold all hands here, even AA
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold... : Why is it close, why should we call ? snap fold Can't see any benefits to call here Even if we can see oppo shoves ATC, we fold away player has 210 chips lol not even a bb so.....why call ? The only reason to call here is if the shover is a player that you don't like much ) I've run this through a wiz and it says if oppo is shoving ATC only call with 10's+
    Posted by rancid
    Because we win in next two hands more often when we call than when we fold, assuming other players have sense to limp next hand. If we lose both we will still be in with a very good chance of cashing, although not in as strong a position as now. Maybe this outweighs benefits of calling here  but I would think it has to be close. If sngwiz says call with TT+, calling with AQ cant be really bad, I would think AQ and TT have similar equity v a realistic shoving range
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold... : +1 Or a forum reg.. then its a snap call lol! If we call and lose we are still going to cash over 90% of the time but why take the risk, when at the moment we should cash 100% of the time. this is the easiest fold in the world and it aint close its a super snap dym dudenit stylee insta fold fwiw i fold all hands here, even AA
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Some maths to show its not close please
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold... : Some maths to show its not close please
    Posted by grantorino
    Lol at asking me to do maths

thats like asking dudenit to 5 bet all in with pure air, aint gonna happen im fraid

The fact the shortstack is away and about to blind out is good enough for me. Its a dym and we have cashed with these stacks. this hand is basically irrelevant. Its a non event. Im folding my way to the win now ty

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold... : Lol at asking me to do maths thats like asking dudenit to 5 bet all in with pure air, aint gonna happen im fraid
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thats fair enough, but how are you so sure its not close then? If your going to post so definitively that its a fold you should be able to back it up properly, not just say oh its a snapfold cos I say so

I cant do the math for the whole situation, but looking at it it seems close to me with these particular stacks. The player being away might make it a fold but I wouldnt be sure. If rancid has ran an icm calc that says its a fold fine it prob is but I cant see calling being much worse than folding
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold... : Thats fair enough, but how are you so sure its not close then? If your going to post so definitively that its a fold you should be able to back it up properly, not just say oh its a snapfold cos I say so I cant do the math for the whole situation, but looking at it it seems close to me with these particular stacks. The player being away might make it a fold but I wouldnt be sure. If rancid has ran an icm calc that says its a fold fine it prob is but I cant see calling being much worse than folding
    Posted by grantorino
    Without the ICM calc I snap fold in game
    The bigger the gap between me and the smaller stacks the better )
    Even if away players comes back and trebles through then I am still ok and can watch em fight it out over the bubble
    I wouldn't need to get involved without a hand, DYM bubble heaven )
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold... : Thats fair enough, but how are you so sure its not close then? If your going to post so definitively that its a fold you should be able to back it up properly, not just say oh its a snapfold cos I say so I cant do the math for the whole situation, but looking at it it seems close to me with these particular stacks. The player being away might make it a fold but I wouldnt be sure. If rancid has ran an icm calc that says its a fold fine it prob is but I cant see calling being much worse than folding
    Posted by grantorino
    All fair enough, but do we really need an icm calculator for this situation? 
    even if its +ev to call, it wont be +ev by much and id rather fold and bank the winnings thanks
  • ybyb
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 dym,why would you do this,with away man,should i just fold... : All fair enough, but do we really need an icm calculator for this situation?  even if its +ev to call, it wont be +ev by much and id rather fold and bank the winnings thanks
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    it will be +chip ev, but that's not really relevant in this situation. i don't play dym's but i'd think this is a fold and not really that close.