You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Right move/call????

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Floped a massive draw with multiple players in the pot, I personally think I made the right move/call but I'm not sure. Here's the hand anyway... Firtst time I've posted a hand too so I don't know If I've done it right. xD
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jodierub26 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.48
emmabute09 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £10.93
 Your hole cards

gmgm Fold     
spock979 Fold     
El_Mogul Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £3.07
vincyman Call  £0.12 £0.30 £2.22
jodierub26 Call  £0.10 £0.40 £3.38
emmabute09 Call  £0.08 £0.48 £10.85
Flop

• J

jodierub26 Check     
emmabute09 Check     
El_Mogul Bet  £0.25 £0.73 £2.82
vincyman Call  £0.25 £0.98 £1.97
jodierub26 Raise  £1.48 £2.46 £1.90
emmabute09 All-in  £10.85 £13.31 £0.00
El_Mogul All-in  £2.82 £16.13 £0.00
vincyman All-in  £1.97 £18.10 £0.00
jodierub26 All-in  £1.90 £20.00 £0.00
emmabute09 Unmatched bet  £7.47 £12.53 £7.47
jodierub26 Show
  • J
  • K

emmabute09 Show
  • Q

El_Mogul Show

vincyman Show
  • A
  • Q

Turn

• J

River

jodierub26 Win Three Jacks £11.59

Comments

• edited February 2012
    At 4NL I prob wouldnt open 89s

On flop if you are going to bet make it bigger, although I might just check and try keep pot small as you will have very little FE here. Once you bet you are obv getting it in if raised
  • edited February 2012
    Like above poster, I don't open with the 89. I'll definitely be shipping on the flop. UL bro.
  • edited February 2012
    Yep just no need to play 89s at NL4 as balancing your range isn't a problem vs people who aren't thinking that deep about the game.

On flop defo check as any bet will be called, zero fold equity, and you currently only have 9 high, just check hit your card and then value bet.
  • edited February 2012
    I don't understand what dudeskin and grantorino are on about, . . . good open pre, nice sized c-bet on the flop, huge flop for you btw,  inta-call villains shove(never foldin); you were only a "dog" against a set or higher flush draw, v unlucky m8. 
  • edited February 2012
    Lol at the over shove with Q9.

Dont have issue w opening 89s either. 

ABC is right but why are we denying ourselves opportunities?  Especially when opponents are perceived to stack off lighter?

As long as we are confident losing min, gaining max, why close the door?  Doesnt makes sense to me.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Right move/call????:
    Lol at the over shove with Q9. Dont have issue w opening 89s either.  ABC is right but why are we denying ourselves opportunities?  Especially when opponents are perceived to stack off lighter? As long as we are confident losing min, gaining max, why close the door?  Doesnt makes sense to me.
    Posted by AMYBR
    1. We are only ~80BB deep, one of villains is less than 60BB deep

2 Them stacking off lighter is usually bad for us with this hand

3. We require fold equity either pre or on flop as we rarely flop a strong made hand. Im not sure we have enough at 4NL

I dont think opening is terribad or anything but I would think its marginal  at best at a table of stations
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Right move/call???? :

1. We are only ~80BB deep, one of villains is less than 60BB deep 

2 Them stacking off lighter is usually bad for us with this hand

3. We require fold equity either pre or on flop as we rarely flop a strong made hand. 

Im not sure we have enough at 4NL I dont think opening is terribad or anything but I would think its marginal  at best at a table of stations
    Posted by grantorino
    1. I agree, it's bad that the hero is 80bb, and that a few of the villains are not fully stacked, as when we hit big we want max value; otherwise it's never profitable play.

2. Its good that they stack off light imo, when you hit you are more-likely to make max-value.

3. We do not require fold-equity pre or on the flop :s, ESP with a hand like 89s! it's hands like those we require as many peeps in the pot, if we miss we are rarely turning it into a bluff(multi-way) it would be an easy fold for us.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Right move/call???? : 1. I agree, it's bad that the hero is 80bb, and that a few of the villains are not fully stacked, as when we hit big we want max value; otherwise it's never profitable play. 2. Its good that they stack off light imo, when you hit you are more-likely to make max-value. 3. We do not require fold-equity pre or on the flop :s, ESP with a hand like 89s! it's hands like those we require as many peeps in the pot, if we miss we are rarely turning it into a bluff(multi-way) it would be an easy fold for us.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Its only good that they stack off light when we make 2pair+. If we flop draws its nearly always better for us when they fold rather than call if we choose to bet
  • edited February 2012
    yuk, reverse implied odds :S
    Wouldn't feel happy with FD but just get it in