You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big Monthly Guaranteed

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Folks

Just an idea probably been thrown out there before but can we have a big guaranteed pot each month? i.e £100 buyin and £50k guaranteed? With daily sats, running into weekly finals or something i think it would be ideal!

Or is something similar in the pipeline?

Cheers

Carl

Comments

• edited November 2009
    The primo started off at £30, 000, however had to reduce because of the lack of entries. What you have to remember is sky doesnt have the same amount of players as some sites, so i think we will have to wait til more come on board. They would not get 500 players @£100 a pop so would lose money
  • edited November 2009
    Value in the pot would drive players to the site maybe? plus if you had daily £1 touraments into weekly £10 tournaments with 1 in 10 paid in each surely you may get people fired up to play in these and get numbers to the magical 500 to make the 50k? 4 weeks to get those numbers in may work? it would not have to be weekly like the prima.

Just a thought
  • edited November 2009
    the primo used to be monthly, only recently moved to weekly. Believe me its hard to get the sats up and running, more often than not they are cancelled due to insufficient numbers, ive seen it. Yes this is a fine idea its just sky does not have the numbers i believe for this at this moment in time
  • edited November 2009
    are people gonna buy in to such an excessive tourney,ide like to here sky riches opinion bout this, he usually speaks sense.
  • edited November 2009
    If i hadnt qualified i'd buy in to such an event for sure!

How long ago was the primo a monthly Toons? it would be interesting to know how many players have joined and playing regular since etc. Are sky losing players becuase of no huge guarnteed pots? ok 15k is good dont get me wrong but the lure of more than 3 x that much has surely got to help drive custom this way.

Can i just also add... Great work  sky people, the site and players are great already so maybe its better this way? just be interesting to know if the sky bigwigs have any designs on something bigger in the future.

also sats to live events wpt wsop etc?
  • edited November 2009
    If I remember rightly when the site first started the Primo was monthly with a £50,000 guarantee and a £50.00 + £5 buying but they weren't getting enough players to cover the guarantee so eventually they reduced the guarantee and the buyin and then I guess because they were getting more players at that level they turned it into a weekly game.