You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

mmmmmmmmmmm

edited February 2012 in Area 51
Whats the odds of getting dealt AJ spades and very next hand AJ spades AGAIN!!! This has happened to me a couple of times

Comments

• edited February 2012
    In Response to mmmmmmmmmmm:
    Whats the odds of getting dealt AJ spades and very next hand AJ spades AGAIN!!! This has happened to me a couple of times
    Posted by SQUIRTE152
    I got KK three times in a row

2 lost and one was folded to the BB
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to mmmmmmmmmmm:
    Posted by SQUIRTE152
    Technically the probability of getting AsJs twice in a row is 1/1,758,276 but thats a bit misleading as you have to get some cards the first time. The probability of getting the exact same 2 cards twice in a row is 1/1326. The same suited combo will be 1/331.5 (eg AJ suited twice), the same combo of two unpaired cards( eg KQ twice) ~1/83, the same pair 1/221. These are the probabilities of getting same cards again AFTER first hand has been dealt.
  • edited February 2012
    The probabilty of getting a specific 2 card dealt to you is 1/1326.

In the case in point, Ace Spades, Jack Spades.  The first card  you are looking for either the ace or jack out of 52 cards i.e. 2/52 the second card you are looking for the remaining 1 card out ofthe 51 cards that are left.  so 1X2 divided by 52 x 51 = 1/1326

For this to happen twice it is 1 x 1 divided by 1326 x 1326 = 1/ 1,758,276

If you take the first two cards as given ie 1/1  then the odds of hitting the exact same cards again is 1/1326 

• edited February 2012
    errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  .......................... wot they said :)
  • edited February 2012
    Hmmmmmmmmmm yer what they said i think:))
  • edited February 2012
    I`V HAD POCKET ACES 3 TIMES IN ROW IN THE B/BLIND, I SWEAR OPPO`S COULD SEE MY CARDS AS ON ALL THREE OCCASIONS THEY ALL FLIPPING FOLD, AT THE TIME BLINDS WERE ONLY 10/20.

I NEARLY WET MYSELF LAUGHING AND CRYING WHEN THIS HAPPENED.

EDIT: AT LEAST MY ACES NEVER GOT BEAT, LOL
  • edited February 2012
    had pocket 8s on all 4 of my tables at the same time on friday night!
  • edited February 2012
    i was multitabling other day and had the same hand with same suits on 2 tables, and the flops were identical aswell, wonder what the odds for that would be
  • edited February 2012
    I had 7 4 on 4 tables toooooooooooooo many times