You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

thoughts on this

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
right i know after the flop that i am well behind here i knew overpair was obvious i was hoping it was not AA as in this spot im 44% to win this so i called for the gamble if u dont gamble u dont win i want views and feedback
berni3 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £5.43
3barrels Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £19.73
  Your hole cards
  • A

liam690 Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £29.50
pearson714 Fold        
acesadam86 Call   £0.40 £0.95 £3.51
STR1BS Fold        
berni3 Fold        
3barrels Call   £0.30 £1.25 £19.43
Flop

3barrels Check        
liam690 Bet   £1.25 £2.50 £28.25
acesadam86 All-in   £3.51 £6.01 £0.00
3barrels Call   £3.51 £9.52 £15.92
liam690 All-in   £28.25 £37.77 £0.00
3barrels All-in   £15.92 £53.69 £0.00
liam690 Unmatched bet   £10.07 £43.62 £10.07
3barrels Show
  • A

liam690 Show
  • K
  • K

acesadam86 Show

Turn

River

acesadam86 Win Straight to the 7 £11.40   £11.40
liam690 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 7s £30.82   £40.89

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Preflop a fold for me mate 4 x UTG gotta be smashing A9

After flop im getting it in as quick as poss!
  • edited February 2012
    yes young_gun right there fold pre i useally fold A 9 no probs but table was loose from wot i was watching
  • edited February 2012
    I peel flop without hesitation, for variety of reasons.

Not sure on flop tbh. We have 8 -12 (i wouldnt be counting the A's) outs having 36 - 52%.  Dont love calling it off.  Plenty happy to make the last bet though.  If rolled i prob call.

Dont like the flat on flop in honesty (of £3.51).  If being willing to station the shove, am much happier 3 betting myself.  Making calling the shove easy (mathwise) rather than marginal.

Ignoring opponents range, we only give ourselves one way to win this hand.
  • edited February 2012
    Would be a more interesting thread if you stopped the h/h on your turn to act on the flop, after liam shoved. 

Back to the hand, i think i would have lead the flop tbh, would hate it to go check-check, and i agree with amybr i hate calling off my stack with draws (even if ahead of his range), i prefer to put the decision to my opponent to make the gamble call, but as played very UL.

• edited February 2012
    shove on the first all in, hope your A's are outs :s

calling off 200bb with FD+GS is not ideal
  • edited February 2012
    Fold or 3bet pre imo.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: thoughts on this:
    Fold or 3bet pre imo.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    For once i agree with Mr Dudenit ;) 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: thoughts on this : For once i agree with Mr Dudenit ;) 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    When I say fold or 3bet pre I mean someone who has sufficient 'balls' would 3bet I would just fold like a good nit :).
  • edited February 2012

flatting pre is much better than 3betting oop or folding 200BB deep imo

postflop Im never folding, whether I raise or flat shorty shove depends on how I view villain, but Im generally raising, as played snapcall

• edited February 2012
    fold pre as played i am never putting 200bb on a nut flush draw as tight it maybe but we could be up against a set here even an overpair ys still underdog to win this hand not a fan of this play 
  • edited February 2012
    flatting pre is much better than 3betting oop or folding 200BB deep imo postflop Im never folding, whether I raise or flat shorty shove depends on how I view villain, but Im generally raising, as played snapcall
    Posted by grantorino
    Disagree alot its better to 3 bet then call as we take some initiative also they can fold some marginal hands.

Hate calling as only flop we will be happy with is hearts etc, also likely someone has better ace so prefer fold

fold>3bet>call IMO 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: thoughts on this : Disagree alot its better to 3 bet then call as we take some initiative also they can fold some marginal hands 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    If you like playing inflated pots oop deep with A9 go ahead and raise. He wont fold that many better hands or call with that many worse and postflop will nearly always be tricky. Calling with a hand that can flop good nut draws and has decent equity against his opening range is fine this deep imo, esp with a shorty in the middle
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: thoughts on this : Disagree alot its better to 3 bet then call as we take some initiative also they can fold some marginal hands. Hate calling as only flop we will be happy with is hearts etc, also likely someone has better ace so prefer fold fold>3bet>call IMO 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    +1

calling is too passive
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: thoughts on this : If you like playing inflated pots oop deep with A9 go ahead and raise. He wont fold that many better hands or call with that many worse and postflop will nearly always be tricky. Calling with a hand that can flop good nut draws and has decent equity against his opening range is fine this deep imo, esp with a shorty in the middle
    Posted by grantorino
    Think both lines are correct depending on aggro factor of table. When 3 betting pre here we simply arent playing our hand.  We are gaining betting lead and isolating vs 1 player hopefully.  We arent playing strength of hand.  We are looking to pick up dead money, isolate and perhaps hoping for a favourable flop.  Cbetting virtually all boards.

When flatting we are looking to flop favourably and stack someone multi way or c/f most boards.