You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Play The Presenter" tonight.

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

I've been given a night off from Take-on-Tikay tonight - well I think I have! - so I'll do a regular PTP tonight.

So, tonight, I shall mainly be playing the.....

7pm Forum Deepstack, £11, 10 seater.

7.30pm £22 Deepie, £300 Guaranteed, 6 seater.

8pm £22 £12,500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter, 6 Seater.

And after that, and assuming I'm out of some or all of those, sigh...

One or more of the Terrific Three - the 9pm £1k Guaranteed NLH, the 9.30pm £1,500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter, & the 10pm £1,000 Guaranteed Velocity.

Then I'll finish with some Cash Games, DYM's, basically, if you ask, & I'm available, that's what I'll play.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing the Phone-In to the Show, or the Celeb Sports Star Heads-Up Challenge. Tonight is shown on the Schedule as Sarah Champion, so perhaps I've got the wrong night, eeek.

Memo expected from Mr Stern-Suit in the morning. Ho-hum.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay.

I'm in both deepstacks - good luck!

Although must admit I'm a bit gutted, as I was expecting Sarah - maybe you can fill me in on the history of the Glossop chimney!
  • edited November 2009

Oh, that wonderful Glossop Chimey! You bet I could.

It's fascinating, truly. Like the Lift Testing Tower, in Northampton, in fact, which is no longer in use, but is a Listed Building.

A Listed Lift Building in fact. You don't see many of them.

Strictly speaking, of course, neither are "buildings", they are structures, constructed by Civil Engineers, rather than Building Contractors. Big difference, you know.

I could go on.
  • edited November 2009

Blimey Tikay,
    Speak about multi tasking I struggle playing two at a time

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight.:
    Oh, that wonderful Glossop Chimey! You bet I could. It's fascinating, truly. Like the Lift Testing Tower, in Northampton, in fact, which is no longer in use, but is a Listed Building. A Listed Lift Building in fact. You don't see many of them. Strictly speaking, of course, neither are "buildings", they are structures, constructed by Civil Engineers, rather than Building Contractors. Big difference, you know. I could go on.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Please dont ;) lol
  • edited November 2009
    Oh, that wonderful Glossop Chimey! You bet I could. It's fascinating, truly. Like the Lift Testing Tower, in Northampton, in fact, which is no longer in use, but is a Listed Building. A Listed Lift Building in fact. You don't see many of them. Strictly speaking, of course, neither are "buildings", they are structures, constructed by Civil Engineers, rather than Building Contractors. Big difference, you know. I have gone on.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Fixed your post...
  • edited November 2009
    I could go on...
    Posted by Tikay10
    ... and on and on and on ...

You make a passable substitute but you're no Champion.
  • edited November 2009

I was thinking about this thread in bed last night, particularly as to tall things.

We discussed the Listed Lift Tower in Northampton. And it made me wonder.

Is the Leaning Tower of Pisa a Listed Building? It deffo has a list.
  • edited November 2009
    I was thinking about this thread in bed last night, particularly as to tall things. We discussed the Listed Lift Tower in Northampton. And it made me wonder. Is the Leaning Tower of Pisa a Listed Building? It deffo has a list.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Nope, the Leaning Tower of Pisa is a listing building.
    Once it has fallen over it will be a listed building. ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : Nope, the Leaning Tower of Pisa is a list ing building. Once it has fallen over it will be a list ed building. ;-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    Very good! The answer I was looking for.

Tonight, I shall sleep easy.
  • edited November 2009
    The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a World Heritage Site, as is our very own Telford's Aqueduct just down the road. The Tower has had this accolade for more than 50 years, we only achieved it this year. Apparently it's taken them 49 years to find Froncysyllte.

The Leaning Tower is not very big btw. I was lucky enough to go up it in 1993 just before they closed it to the public. Some of the attempts at halting the increasing tilt are amazing. When I was there they had a number of enormous lead weights positioned at the base of the tower, in an attempt to lessen the angle of lean. None of these were successful and so they closed it to public access in about 1994 as I remember.

OK that's enough bedtime reading for Tikay..........to the rest of you, I apologise.
  • edited November 2009
    u  not    playing  on  any  cash  tables  to  nite  tikay
  • edited November 2009
    Hi tikay

Erm....... I think you have done what I did and lost a day?:) I understand Trevor is due to be PTP I think according to the table, I could have read it wrong, if I have I appologies:)

• edited November 2009
    Posted by scrumdown
    No, not tonight Scrun.

I'm not working tonight, so I'll play a few Tourneys to relax & then grab an early night - tomorrow will be a 16 or 17 hour day for me. And Mother Hen is coming to Manchester too, so I gotta behave.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi tikay Erm....... I think you have done what I did and lost a day?:) I understand Trevor is due to be PTP I think according to the table, I could have read it wrong, if I have I appologies:)  
    Posted by acebarry10
    It's a thread from yesterday, Barry. :-)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : It's a thread from yesterday, Barry. :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    Sigh, thanks Vince, brain gone
  • edited November 2009
    The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a World Heritage Site, as is our very own Telford's Aqueduct just down the road. The Tower has had this accolade for more than 50 years, we only achieved it this year. Apparently it's taken them 49 years to find Froncysyllte. The Leaning Tower is not very big btw. I was lucky enough to go up it in 1993 just before they closed it to the public. Some of the attempts at halting the increasing tilt are amazing. When I was there they had a number of enormous lead weights positioned at the base of the tower, in an attempt to lessen the angle of lean. None of these were successful and so they closed it to public access in about 1994 as I remember. OK that's enough bedtime reading for Tikay..........to the rest of you, I apologise.
    Posted by elsadog
    Hello - NOW we have a story!

When Mr Elsa refer to "Telford's Aqueduct", he does not mean an Aqueduct in Telford (Shropshire), he's referring to the famous aqueduct in Pontcysyllte, Wales. (Ponty, not FRonty, I thought?). Built around 1800, I think - how extraordinary that it is still in pristine condition.

Anyway.......

The Aqueduct is near a famous Castle, bearing the name of a nearby Town, & we have a Member who Posts on here named aftter that Town.

Name that Member! 

PS - Ruabon is fascinating, too, but I don't want to bore you.
  • edited November 2009

Telford's Aqueduct.

• edited November 2009
    np  tikay   may  be  rich  might  be on   but  hes  learning  to  fast  not  easy  getting  is  money  any more  lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : No, not tonight Scrun. I'm not working tonight, so I'll play a few Tourneys to relax & then grab an early night - tomorrow will be a 16 or 17 hour day for me. And Mother Hen is coming to Manchester too, so I gotta behave.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Are u gonna play the 7:30 deepie then Tikay? If so, are u gonna play with the style that saw u win the other night or the AK style due to the possible late night? ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by scrumdown
    My apologies Scrum - I understand your question now.

This was YESTERDAYs Thread.

And I did PTP last night, just Tourneys, & got battered. Never won a hand all nght, as I recall.
  • edited November 2009
    Think Barry needs a couple of days off
  • edited November 2009
    I think I should pass on this one............ The nearest Castles though are Chirk Castle and Dinas Bran at Llanagollen

The 'Telford' I refer to is Thomas Telford who built it in 1804 or 5 or 6'ish. I went to the bi-centenial celebrations a couple of years ago.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : Are u gonna play the 7:30 deepie then Tikay? If so, are u gonna play with the style that saw u win the other night or the AK style due to the possible late night? ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes, I'll play the 7.30 £22-er, & the 8pm Main thats it.

I hope to play them exceedingly patiently. Last night, I lost the ability to Pass Hands, & somehow called big Raises all-in when losing 3 times - VERY unlike me. I can, & do, Pass for England.

Two of my Exits were due to me out-thinking myself, & both were very similar. I had J-J in one, & 10-10 in the other.

It's early doors, & I've made it about 200 (25-50), & Villain has shoved for 5k!

They could not possibly have a hand to do that. Could they?......

Aces, both times.

BAD plays by me, bad bad bad.

Tonight,I shall be mainly very patient.
  • edited November 2009
    I think I should pass on this one............ The nearest Castles though are Chirk Castle and Dinas Bran at Llanagollen The 'Telford' I refer to is Thomas Telford who built it in 1804 or 5 or 6'ish. I went to the bi-centenial celebrations a couple of years ago.
    Posted by elsadog
    Indeed - not far behind Brunel in my book of True Legends.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : Hello - NOW we have a story! When Mr Elsa refer to "Telford's Aqueduct", he does not mean an Aqueduct in Telford (Shropshire), he's referring to the famous aqueduct in Pontcysyllte, Wales. (Ponty, not FRonty, I thought?). Built around 1800, I think - how extraordinary that it is still in pristine condition. Anyway....... The Aqueduct is near a famous Castle, bearing the name of a nearby Town, & we have a Member who Posts on here named aftter that Town. Name that Member!  PS - Ruabon is fascinating, too, but I don't want to bore you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ruabon Tiles........finest tiles in the world.

Ruabon is fascinating.......we still have a bank manager who knows your name when you walk in.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : Yes, I'll play the 7.30 £22-er, & the 8pm Main thats it. I hope to play them exceedingly patiently. Last night, I lost the ability to Pass Hands, & somehow called big Raises all-in when losing 3 times - VERY unlike me. I can, & do, Pass for England. Two of my Exits were due to me out-thinking myself, & both were very similar. I had J-J in one, & 10-10 in the other. It's early doors, & I've made it about 200 (25-50), & Villain has shoved for 5k! They could not possibly have a hand to do that. Could they?...... Aces, both times. BAD plays by me, bad bad bad. Tonight,I shall be mainly very patient.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Think u had an evening of the 'not believing'! One of the quickest way to see a bankroll downward spiral.  Very un-Tikay like plays those ones - more Orford style.........although he'd spike his 2 outer in his current form lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : Ruabon Tiles........finest tiles in the world. Ruabon is fascinating.......we still have a bank manager who knows your name when you walk in.
    Posted by elsadog
    NOW we are talking!

Ruabon Quarry Tiles, what memories.

More Public Conveniences & Kitchens worldwide are tiled with Ruabon Tesselated Quarry Tiles (Red) than anything else. I'd like a quid for every lorry-load of them I have unloaded by hand. No fork lifts or pallets in those days!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : Think u had an evening of the 'not believing'! One of the quickest way to see a bankroll downward spiral.  Very un-Tikay like plays those ones - more Orford style.........although he'd spike his 2 outer in his current form lol
    Posted by phil12uk
    Correct, I was very cross with myself.

Just tiredmess, really, & so I went to bed at Midnight, very early for me.

Then laid awake thinking about Listed Lift Towers.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : Correct, I was very cross with myself. Just tiredmess, really, & so I went to bed at Midnight, very early for me. Then laid awake thinking about Listed Lift Towers.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I dream of Lisa's Lovely Towers too lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "Play The Presenter" tonight. : NOW we are talking! Ruabon Quarry Tiles, what memories. More Public Conveniences & Kitchens worldwide are tiled with Ruabon Tesselated Quarry Tiles (Red) than anything else. I'd like a quid for every lorry-load of them I have unloaded by hand. No fork lifts or pallets in those days!
    Posted by Tikay10
    My hall is tiled in them and is over 100 years old.........they are still like new. Dennis Ruabon is but a shadow of it's former self now, there isn't much call for quality and the Spanish and Italian B&Q specials have just about done 'em in. They have a storeroom where they hold all the tiles they have ever made. I needed two tiles for my floor which were cracked removing the downstairs cloakroom. The guy in the store found me 2 tiles to perfectly match my 100 year old broken ones. Go and try that at B&Q in 12 months let alone after 100 years.